Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:34 am

I'm kind of disappointed with episode 3? There were moments I loved, but I thought the pacing was off.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 9:47 pm

The only part I thought was really off was when Jadiete was killed and all of a sudden it cuts to the people waking up. If I didn't know better I wouldn't have known he had even died. Plus the area should have distorted and brought them back to the real world.

Edit: He didn't. I took another look at the episode, and he did that "character zips away by turning into a bunch of little lines" thing.

For those who want to see for themselves.
Spoiler:

Odd. But all in all a pretty good episode, which made me really like Rei. I wanted to smack those people who went to Rei asking for help, then accused her of being the culprit.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 8:12 pm

He better have lived! I want my generals to live!

I love how in magical girl shows I like the male characters better than the females.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 11:19 pm

I have read that those four are very popular with female fans, and that Naoko wanted to do more with them than what the original anime allowed. I guess this is her way of re-doing the series more to her liking, rather than strictly following the manga.

Also, I've seen posts in places saying that Crystal had an abysmal budget to work with, even compared to typical anime. I really hope our support can improve things, cause now I feel kinda sad about all of the bashing, my own included.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 11:20 pm

I don't. Small or high budget we shouldn't be getting something average.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 11:56 pm

Getting really fed up with Crunchyroll. I'm about ready to either turn on adblock or just torrent the episodes because this is getting unbearable.

Not only does it make me watch the same ads about ten times just to watch one episode, but now the video randomly freezes, and the only way to get it to start again is to refresh the page, which means Hello same two ads ten times again!

Other than that there wasn't much noteworthy about this episode. Rei and Ami's interactions were precious. I guess. I am starting to notice the lack of budget in other areas, like how utterly simplistic the scene of Usagi getting up and getting ready to leave was. Not showing her face, having her just pop into the screen for a second to grab her lunch and going. Emotion in a scene isn't just about showing the character's faces but also how dynamic and expressive the scene is.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 7:39 pm

The MG fandom on tumblr loves to play the "You can't complain about the animation in Crystal. If you do, you clearly haven't seen Precure." 

And to that I say.

SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 D3rJL7K

Precure almost never does stuff like this. And yet here we've been seeing stuff like this since day 1.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 8:00 pm

Hell no. Precure's animation is way better than Crystal's. Precure just has common anime animation mistakes. They probably fix them for the DVD releases. Crystal has noticeable goofs that you should see between frames not during the frame.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 11:57 am

UGHHHHH!!!! >.<

Crystal is making me so mad right now. After I watched episode 6 it left me in a bad mood last night. I know it's just a show, but ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! 

Sorry for the angry rant.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:21 pm

the whole "what do you mean Tuxedo Mask is an enemy?!?! *run away*" thing took a turn into cheesy shoujo territory. but I guess it was an okay episode.

the shot of Beryl ascending down made me laugh out loud.

then it got even better with this
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 Tumblr_nc80zoh8lO1rcciemo1_500

I mean look at it. its quite a hilarious frame
i just imagine their dialogue
Zoisite: My queen...i've fallen, take my sparkles"
Beryl: "Zoisite get up, you're embarrasing me"
Zoisite: "tell Kunzite I loved him"
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:25 pm

^^^ That scene was just so funny. The animation is so bad there!!!!  Cheer
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 8:16 pm

And as I struggle to develop the care to watch the latest episode, I ask myself. "Have I enjoyed any of this?" And to be honest I can't say I have. Most of my viewing has been composed of nitpicking the animation. Once in a while I'm like "Characters being cute!" but other than that I've just been sitting here waiting for the show to get better.

I finished the manga, so I don't feel guilty dropping this. Goodbye Sailor Moon Crystal. I hope your Blu Ray release treats you better.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 1:54 pm

I'll admit I'm a little disappointed in SMC so far. As a long time Sailor Moon fan some scenes have made me really happy, but episodes as a whole just aren't really worth their wait. (I think the best one so far was Sailor Jupiter's introduction, but Makoto's my gurl, so I could just be biased)

I don't know how to explain it, they just don't...flow right? 

But I'm more interested in what they're going to fill 24 episodes with. We're 7 episodes in and we've covered like half of the 1st arc already. 

Like I just want this director to pull away from Naoko Takeuchi's reins and drive the SMC train into new crazy territory. One where he and the writers are able to create a show that actually works in Animation rather than comics
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 2:05 pm

It doesn't flow well because they are following the manga. They are sticking to it while adding a few little twists. Sadly it doesn't work. The manga is too fast pace for it to be transfer into a 24 minute long episode (just guessing on a time.) The manga is filled with plotholes and there is a lack of character development except for Usagi.  Also the second arc of the manga will be covered in Crystal. It hasn't been officaly stated but it was hinted at in a interview.

I wish each arc got 26 episodes. It would allow the manga storyline to be fleshed out. Fillers are a good thing. Yes they can awful, but only when they add nothing to the story. 

I know 90s anime was 200 episodes long but it really fleshed out the other characters. Crystal doesn't need to be 200 episodes long, but a filler or two wouldn't hurt it.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 8:16 pm

Tumblr: Crystal's animation isn't bad! You clearly haven't seen Precure!

Anyone with half a brain: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 Tumblr_ncxyglXxcf1rih3p5o1_1280

And this isn't just the occasional derps that become hilarious memes. This is literally every episode. The budget seems to be far worse than any Precure season.

Poor Sailor Moon can't win in anime form. The old anime had some of the most boring filler in anime history (particularly before the entire inner Senshi were introduced) and now Crystal is suffering from a lack of filler. Much like Madoka Magica, too much plot happening all at once without any breathers to space it out can be just as bad as having too much filler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next