Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) Empty
PostSubject: Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS)   Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 7:40 pm

So recently CCS has a new anime series! It's based on the new manga arc Clear Card. However it will still have connections to the old anime!

This thread will talk about the recent episodes. Since I hate the spoiler tag when it comes to discussions all spoilers won't be tagged. So beware!
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS)   Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 7:52 pm

You can legally watch CCS on Crunchyroll, but to see the episode right when it comes out you need to be a Premium member. So I'm going to try to link episodes from youtube for folks like me who don't who a premium membership. Also Crunchyroll hates my internet so I have no choice to watch it on youtube. XD

Episode one:

A solid episode. I was happy to see that the new anime is connected to the old anime! As for the pink bear. For those who never read the manga. Sakura and Syaoran exchange bears in the manga. They did make an OVA before the new anime to explain this. Honestly I find it pointless since they showed the clip of the airport scene from the old anime in this episode.  Laugh

I'm happy that the returning cast voice actors still sound the same! Or at least they did to me. I like the blend of new background music with old background music! Takes me back. 

Sakura with no roller skates. How sad. =(

As for the plot. It seems like we're in for a ride here! I'm very curious about the clear cards and what happened to the Sakura card. I have a theory that the Sakura cards are turning into these Clear Cards. So they are completely Sakura's cards. The card fight. I wish there more action to it. Seeing how it was the near the end of episode one I can excuse this. 

Episode 2:

Another solid episode! Again the card fight was a bit boring. I hope as the episodes go on the card stuff happens earlier in the episode. The best part of the old anime were the captures. Each capture was creative.
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2819

PostSubject: Re: Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS)   Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 1:09 am

I'm so happy for this series! I would have taken this over Tsubasa back in the day. If only that's what CLAMP wanted to work on.

Anyway, I love both episodes. I knew I was going to like the first ep as soon as Kero came on screen to introduce the series. And the way they can call back to the original anime any time they want makes it even better.

Also, I love that Leave it to Kero in the second episode was a call back to one of the original segments that introduced one of Sakura's uniforms and completely rushed through Syaoran's like it's super unimportant. XD
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS)   Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 am

Suppy being apart of it is great too!
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS)   Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 3:03 pm

Episode 3!

This episode was filled with cute moments. Tomoyo is still the best. I loved the moment between Toya and Yukito. 

Overall a decent episode. I didn't like them shoving two card captures into one episode seeing how the episode title and the preview made it sound like it was only going to focus on the Aqua card. I really didn't understand the Reflect card. I guess it's like The Shield card? But why would it make people disappear? Then after the capture all the girls in Sakura's club were gone. It was as if Sakura was sent to a different world or something.

That girl from her dreams is either Sakura herself or that upcoming transfer student. I have seen the transfer student manga scanlations. Although I have a feeling that the transfer student may be related to Sakura in some way. She looks like her mother! At least she has the same hair and eye colors.

Also Toya what the hell are you planning? Don't tease us writers!! ><
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS)   Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 2:49 pm

Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) Tumblr_p3zowkSvh71qdyi3xo1_1280

She exists! I was concerned since this seemed to be going by the manga, but I'm glad they threw a bone to the anime viewers with this. <3
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS)   Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2018 3:03 pm

The anime is using anime canon. One episodes confirms the second movie is canon. In fact one person from the anime team highly encourages people to watch the second movie. On April 1st instead of a new episode they're airing the movie on TV.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS)   Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) EmptyFri May 04, 2018 6:02 pm

The past few episodes had Meiling staying for a visit. I'm sad to see her go! She brought a lot of energy to the group. I felt like it was needed since Ahiko is boring.

The scene Meiling saying goodbye was so heart warming. I actually let out a gasp when she asked Sakura if she could call her by her first name. Meiling has grown so much as a character. I loved watching her and Sakura become close friends. Goes to show that anime only characters can be written well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS)   Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS) Empty

Back to top Go down

Cardcaptor Sakura 2018: episode discussion (SPOILERS)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1