Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Rant Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Rant Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Rant Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Rant Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Rant Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Rant Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Rant Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Rant Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Rant Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Rant Thread - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Rant Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Hlove
Civilian
Hlove
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 101

Rant Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 4:37 pm

To be honest, it is not so much the criticism that disturbs me, but the negativity.
I some times wonder, why do I even try to affiliate with English speaking parts of Japanese media fandoms.
You see I'm using the internet for almost 20 years now, I really do know how it is, that doesn't mean I have to be happy about the 24/7 negativity that it started a decade ago when the net became popular.
There is way to much negativity in real world, everyone complains about the silliest things.
Internet for me has always been an escape, a place to talk about the things I love, since nobody around me is interested in anything like anime or theatre etc.
and even in this vast environment like internet, there is not a single place I can be happy about what I like anymore. And that's is very frustrating.

Also I am of the mentality that "if you have nothing good to say, dont say anything at all" which nobody seem to care about, which makes me even more of an outcast, which I always was in real life, and now at the age of 30+ find myself in the same situation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~hoshirabu
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 5:20 pm

You can pretty much blame social media for that. It allows people to talk about their entire life. Plus we live in a society that wants instant gratification. If they don't get it then they'll whine about it.

There's nothing wrong with talking about different opinions. Its just people don't understand how to share their opinions. Yes you have every right not to like something but you need a vaild reason.  You need to now what a debate is. Screaming at someone is not debating.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Hlove
Civilian
Hlove
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 4:06 am

My country finally ruled a bill so same sex couple are allowed to sign a civil partnership cert.
Why this is in the rant section you ask?
Well the thing is that same sex couple are not granted equal rights as the hetero couple who can sign the same civil partnership ...

there are no pension, tax or health rights for the same sex couples, and it is not equal to marriage, they are not considered family, and they can not adopt.
All the above though are granted to hetero couple who decided on civil partnership cert and not marriage.

What is annoying is that with the exception of very few, most of the politicians who voted for the bill, did it to gain favour from the people and not because they really believe in equal rights.
Back to top Go down
saturn
Magical Girl
saturn
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 9108

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 3:39 pm

The snow has returned and people have forgotten how to drive. There were two accidents within a couple hundred feet of each other people were so impatient. I don't know why people have to lose their minds when it snows.Throw table
Back to top Go down
http://thesolsticequeen.tumblr.com/
saturn
Magical Girl
saturn
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 9:12 pm

After feeling like crap the past few weeks, they finally figured out what is wrong, just wish it didn't take that long for the docs to figure it out:headdesk:
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 9:44 pm

That sucks. Doctors can suck sometimes. =(
Back to top Go down
saturn
Magical Girl
saturn
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 12:22 am

Yes they can :( I am just glad they figured it out. I was getting scared
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 12:37 am

I bet! I hope you feel better!
Back to top Go down
Hlove
Civilian
Hlove
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 6:56 am

Today I had my very own "this is why we need feminism" moment and even though I consider myself 1000% a feminist, it is still annoying to feel that we still need to slap feminism on people faces to get how much of sexists and misogynists they are....

So there is a new musical stage for some anime called FairyTail, and AnimeLab FB page posted promo pictures of some of the performers in costume. (by the way they all looked delightful)
And there is this female character, and the impersonator of her, is a performer I know in theatre and respect because she is super talented and amazing, and everyone is degrading her by saying "not enough boobs" "need more boobs", this being a FB post and most of the names and profile pictures of those saying so being males, infuriated me.
It made me so sick in my stomach, of course poor girl being a favourite of mine doesn't help at all.

end of rant
v_v
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 9:19 am

Fairy Tail is a pretty fanservice-heavy anime. One of the mains, Lucy, is known and said in-series to have really big boobs. So it makes sense that it would attract people with that kind of mindset.

Still a pretty inappropriate comment.
Back to top Go down
Hlove
Civilian
Hlove
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 10:30 am

Well fanservice or not, we are talking about a stage play with real people, so it is beyond me how some people think that it is possible to get unrealistic body proportions...

Rant Thread - Page 4 12734184_706410159495502_7272836887715948970_n

and I don't see any small chest either if you ask me, but that's me.

The very degrading of human decency down to the size of a bust, is what brings me into rage.
And I can deal with one or two comments like that, you can never have everything, but when every other picture gets decent comments, and this one has 95% of comments being "not enough boobs" is just arrrrgg
Back to top Go down
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 5:29 am

its been a heck of  a month y'all. First my uncle nearly dies from a stroke and seizure, my dad needs to have surgery on his face to fix his nose, my mom had her uterus removed after what was suppose to be a simple ovary removal turned out to be much more than we thought, and to top it off last night my sister's dog passed away, and i can't do anything that will make her feel better and that just kills me. 

Good news though, Crowley is now officially my ESA and he's doing great. you can follow him on his adventures Crowley the ESA on FB and see my documentation of life with mental illness and how i deal with it through his eyes of course, but still. Im just glad this class is nearly over and i can get on to something new.
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 8:15 am

I'm sorry to hear all this. I hope things get better for you.
Back to top Go down
Na11
Civilian
Na11
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 16

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 5:25 pm

Barely any members are on my precure forum!

WHAT THE HELL IS SO INTERESTING ABOUT PRETTYCUREFORUM.COM!
Back to top Go down
tanyao
Civilian
tanyao
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 20

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 2:05 pm

Got a case of bronchitis and if that ain't enough, an ulcer appears on the side of my tongue. I can deal with bronchitis, 'oh no, I have to cough and it's slightly more annoying to breathe', but the ulcer is what kills me. Any tongue movement at all hurts. Can't chew, can barely speak (which makes working with customers dreadful, and I have to train a new employee, which requires lots of speaking), even swallowing hurts because it requires movement of my tongue. I've been eating nothing but peanut butter and mashed potatoes, and even THAT is painful.

Usually my ulcers appear on my inner cheeks, which isn't so bad. I can deal with that by not eating on that side. Ulcer on the tongue = entire mouth is out of commission.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rant Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next