Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Rant Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Rant Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Rant Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Rant Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Rant Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Rant Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Rant Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Rant Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Rant Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Rant Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Rant Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sailorpandabear
Love Interest
sailorpandabear
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 259

Rant Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 2:32 pm

I dislike it when people say that girls can't read comic books.
 me: let me like what i like. Leave me alone!
FOOLS. Just foolish. * groans in frustration and vexation*

---
 and also: some idiot  has this idea that people holding hands are instantly in love.
 me: no. JUST NO.
 please don't think in the above way...
Back to top Go down
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:47 pm

why why wouldn't it print from my laptop but will from my moms? that is the silliest thing i have ever seen. really? i wonder if the silly thing will scan to my laptop so i don't have to play email me around...
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
Mirai Shiraishi
Civilian
Mirai Shiraishi
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 137

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 8:35 pm

Today I thought I could talk more with Crush who was always very sympathetic with me ... I notice that he was treating me coldly and there see him with another girl...

Spoiler:

Heart... What's this?
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 9:00 pm

That sucks. =(
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Hlove
Civilian
Hlove
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 101

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 1:29 am

I hate my father, I wish my mom had divorced him years ago...
;_;
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~hoshirabu
Kino Makoto
Magical Girl
Kino Makoto
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 2:33 am

No, Fallout... I definitely didn't want you to just crash after loading today. It's not like I didn't need the stress relief of playing tonight. Nope. Not at all.
Back to top Go down
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:20 am

so i hate college with a passion. this class is the most annoying I've taken since starting my BS. this is a masters course and sure its a refresher course but i should aggregate my already strained eyes by having to read whole textbooks in 3 days. just silly. thank you eye doctor for telling the school i need audio books instead. thank goodness that there's someone out there who gets how much it hurts to sit and try to read the computer screen for hours at a time. i don't sit around on the net all day and i take nearly 2 days to do my work cause i get up and walk around i throw ideas at the wall and see what sticks i sketch i do all this and i take the stress as best i can off my eyes. I play games on a 40 in tv on the other side of my room i keep my computer screens as far from my eyes as i can and you can only get so far away before you can't see anything anyway. but yeah i've been missing cause i started classes again. masters degrees are so much fun....im starting to think that i like student loan debt, I want to get a doctorate after this.....
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
sailorpandabear
Love Interest
sailorpandabear
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 259

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 12:22 pm

argh. bus website is driving me mad with  silly 404 errors! I don't need to see or deal with such errors!
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 2:51 pm

My dog is the biggest spoiled brat ever. For some reason, he is very particular about where he poops -- he doesn't like to go in the backyard for reasons I do not understand, and has actually injured himself trying to get away from the backyard because he hates it so bad. He doesn't like to go down the hill near my house, either. Indoor puppy pads are not an option, so I just have to take him on walks two, sometimes three times a day, because that's the only way I can get this stupid dog to use the bathroom.

The only place I can walk him is up and down the street, but it has to be on the one side of the street, because that side has grass on the sidewalk. He won't usually poop on concrete, it has to be on grass. The only problem, is that the side with grass on it is also the side that has four houses with huge dogs which are almost always outside, and every time they see me and Roger coming, they start barking like idiots.

One of the houses that have big dogs that always bark at me also has a guy who is usually sitting outside with them. He has never spoken to me before, though he occasionally tells his dogs to shut up when I pass. I passed them recently, and I heard him say, as I was walking away, "Why doesn't she just walk on the other side of the street?".

Aside from the fact that I do have a reason why I don't walk on the other side of the street... Why is it my fault that his dogs bark every time they see me? Why should I walk on the other side of the street just because his dogs are badly behaved? Why are his dogs almost always outside, anyway? It's getting cold here. Why does he even have three dogs if them barking is such a problem? Dogs bark, that's just part of having a dog.

I wanted to say something back to him, but I'm way too shy. I just ignored him and went home. But now I'm scared of going up that far and passing his house again, because I'm afraid he's going to say something to me. Ugh. What a jerk.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
Hlove
Civilian
Hlove
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 101

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Not so much a rant as a WTF situation which is beyond laughable for me ahahhaha
long story short my smartphone died and I decided to replace it with a tablet that it also can be used as a phone.
Went to the shop today, this shop has its own brand, and you manage to get a good thing in a lower price but internet can not help you much with info, because well not a famous international brand.
so I got that tablet/phone thingy, and I'm now in my room looking at it and I can't figure out where in the world is the micro SD and the SIM card ports :PPPPPPPP
I suspect they are somewhere under the cover BUT I don't want to try remove the cover in fear I might break something!
Now being after midnight and this day is a damn Sunday, I can not possibly get help with this until Monday morning LOL
(the manual is a piece of crack which doesn't show anything important like that LOL )
oh well, I'll wait a bit longer Head desk
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~hoshirabu
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 10:02 am

Recently I've found myself becoming a lot more aware of how disgusting and elitist a lot of anime fans are. I've been on MyAnimeList for a few years now and while I had noticed that a lot of the time discussions there suck, but it never really dawned on me until recently, not sure why.

It gets to the point where whenever I see someone's tastes or viewpoints being insulted, it doesn't even faze me anymore since I know nothing you do would ever make a difference. The term "Bad taste" gets thrown around so much that I feel like it would be impossible to please everyone since even if you have anime that are consided "objectively" good (more on that in a sec) like FMA Brotherhood, people are gonna come out the woodwork to yell at you for having bad taste.

MAL has an affinity bar on people's profiles. When you go to someone else's profile, you can see how much their anime lists and ratings match up to yours. This is pretty much a physical "bad taste" meter, where people can just look at the precentage and judge each other despite the actual accuracy of it.

My affinity with another user for example can be very high despite the other person's favorite anime all being gritty psychological shows, if they happen to have seen stuff like DBZ and rated them about the same as me.

The arguements of objectivity vs subjectivity get tiresome really fast as well. I can understand not having seeing a lot of flaws in an anime, but I get so fed up with people complaining about not liking an anime on the grounds that it's objectively good. What one person sees as a flaw, another can see as not flawed, to the point that some anime are defended beyond all logic, even calling bad writing "satire".

It gets to the point where you can't even say you like an anime because a thousand people will pop up to tell you why it's awful. This is why I don't even waste time with threads that are like "What are the best ---?"

For comminutes that revel in tearing apart people who like or dislike anime, you have amazingly little room to say anything critical about an anime. 

Take Cross Ange, that sexist mech anime for example. According to its hyper-defensive fanbase, you can't criticize it if...

-You've only seen the first episode. It gets better after that.
-You've only seen five episodes. Only the first five were bad.
-You've seen twelve episodes. The second half is so much better.
-You've seen the entire thing. Why did you even watch it if you didn't like it?

Don't even get me started on when things like feminism come into anime discussions.

I've noticed that the vast majority of times I reply to a thread on MAL, no one responds. At first I figured it was cause mostly like stuff no one cares about, but now I'm just thinking "My opinions must not be controversial enough."
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Why does people's actions on the internet matter anymore? Honestly I don't care how fandoms behave anymore. So what if a show gets a ton of hate? So what if a ton people hate you if you don't like their favorite character?

The internet is filled with hate because people can hide behind their computers. Majority of these people wouldn't have the guts to say cruel things in person. They're wasting their engery. Just love what you love. And share it. Nothing should stop you.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:52 pm

It just goes to show that small communities like this are the best. Where you can actually discuss things without someone getting in a tizzy over something silly like an opinion they don't agree with.

Plus the small amount of users means threads won't get sent back three pages in a single day.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:55 pm

Yes smaller forums are way better. Plus I keep the rules laid back. I've seen too many forums with stupid rules. Like Serebii. I like posting on there but I will never start a thread because they're too annual about topics.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 7:04 pm

Yea I never liked how absurdly strict the rules in some places are.

You can't revive a thread that's older than a month.

You can't make a make a new thread about a similar topic.

Give me one! I'm new here and I wanna talk about this particular subject!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rant Thread   Rant Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rant Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next