Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2819

Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 10:46 pm

"It was fine," Adrien answered with a smile.

Gabriel raised and eyebrow and looked at his son through the rear-view mirror. Adrien's answer had been short and non-descriptive. Perhaps, he should ask for some elaboration. Teenagers were very gossipy, so it seemed unlikely everything would have been fine after that newspaper article. "Was everything okay this morning?"

Adrien was quiet for a moment before responding. "For the most part."
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 10:51 pm

Iris frowned. "Adrien, what happened? You can tell us anything."

"So might as well buy it here?" Alya asked.

"Yeah, but the one I want is still too pricey for me," Marinette said with a sigh. "I won't be able to buy it until next year."

"Hmm," said Alya with a teasing smile. "You could always ask your rich boyfriend to get you it for Christmas."

"Alya!" Marinette turned to her friend. "I am not going to take advantage of Adrien's wealth."

"I was joking."

"Oh."
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 11:00 pm

Adrien shrugged, internally cursing his father's perceptive nature. "Well, like I said, it was mostly fine. Mrs. Bustier and Principal Damocles wanted to talk to me this morning about that article. I feel like they thought I was hiding something when I told them the article was wrong, but they dropped it because it was class time. Otherwise, there's always the normal level of gossip when something noteworthy happens."
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 11:05 pm

Iris gave Gabriel a worried glance. She looked back at her son. "What did you guys talk about?"

Marinette and Alya left the store and were heading back to Marinette's place. As they walked passed their school Marinette noticed a little girl going on about being afraid of pirates? She was telling her mother she refused to go to a play about them. Her mother brushed her off saying she had no choice since her brother was going to be a in the play.
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 11:17 pm

Adrien sighed. He didn't see why he needed to elaborate further. "They just asked me to tell them what was going on at home, and when I told them the interview never happened they tried to convince me that it was safe to tell them if something was wrong. They gave up when I told them that everything was fine again." He hated talking about this. It just reminded him how he caused this problem in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 11:23 pm

Iris frowned again. "I'm sorry you had to deal with this, Adrien." She then turned away from and lead back in her seat. Iris glanced out the window. Both Adrien and Gabriel had to deal with people because of that article. Even with her intervention there may be some people who would still believe that story. She had to do something. But what?
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 11:29 pm

Adrien just shrugged again. "It was bound to happen," he said.

The rest of the car ride was rather quiet. Gabriel was both content that he and Iris were able to get Adrien to talk to them and annoyed how far reaching this particular rumor was. The best they could hope for would be most of Paris accepting that the first article was a lie once the next paper hit the shelf.

They pulled up in the courtyard a moment later and exited the car. It felt good to be home. Now they could just retreat into the house, have a nice dinner, and relax.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 11:49 pm

When they got out of the car and headed toward the house, Iris came to a stop. Right in front of them was her father. He must slipped through the gate before it closed. She stared at him in shock. Was he hanging around here all day waiting for their return? Iris clenched her hands. She stepped forward and was standing front of both Gabriel and Adrien protectively.

"What are you doing here?" Iris demanded trying to keep her voice steady.

"Talk," her father replied simply.

"Talk? You expect me to talk to you after you insulted Gabriel today?"

"Hmph. Your husband was the one who was throwing insults."

Iris shook her hands in anger. They were slowly forming into fists. "Serves you right!"

Iris's father put both his his hands in his pants pocket. You can tell he was trying to stay calm. "Why didn't you call us when you got back? I shouldn't had to hear you were back from the news."

Iris placed both her hands on her hips. "Because you mistreated my family while I was gone. Both you and Mama don't deserved to be in my life anymore." She was trying not keep her body still. Iris could tell her emotions were about to make her body shake.

"We were just trying to do the right thing," her father muttered. "Your poor excuse of a husband failed you. We didn't want that to happen to Adrien."

Iris lost it. She took a step forward and slapped her father across the face. "LIAR!!" Tears were streaming down her face. "YOU AND MAMA DON'T CARE ABOUT ADRIEN AT ALL!! I WROTE TO YOU TWO THREE TIMES!! THREE FUCKING TIMES!! ASKING YOU TO COME TO SEE ADRIEN!! BUT I NEVER HEARD ANYTHING!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE YOUR PARENTS NOT COME TO SEE YOUR NEW BORN CHILD!? IT FUCKING HURTS!!" Iris's body was shaking in rage.
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Adrien’s eyes widened the moment his grandfather made himself known, and he subconsciously took a step back when his mother stood protectively in front of both of them. 

The months after his mother’s disappearance were a blur.  So much happened that his child mind hadn’t been able to keep up with everything. But he did vaguely remember meeting this man at least once when strange people (court officials he understood now) had tried to talk to him alone to decide what was best for him. Even if his visual memory wasn’t clear, however, the emotional memory was potent enough to make him wary of the confrontation unfolding in front of him.

Gabriel, however, bristled at the man’s appearance and was ready to take care of it himself when Iris stepped up and began to chew her father out.  And suddenly this was no longer a matter with which he felt like he could interfere.

He watched, holding his breath as she became more upset. He flinched when her father mentioned wanting to take Adrien to keep him from being failed.  In his heart, Gabriel knew that wasn’t her father’s true intentions, but it did strike a nerve of his given how the past six years played out.

“Shouldn’t we do something?” Adrien whispered from beside him as Iris finally began yelling.  Though, Adrien seemed to want to keep his distance despite his question.

Gabriel nodded and walked over to stand beside Iris, his arm wrapping around her waist to steady her shaking frame. He should have supported her sooner; even if this was a father-daughter issue.  Allowing her to feel this upset was a travesty.

He glared at his father-in-law. “You know, you came to yell at me this morning about hurting Iris, but I’ve never hurt her the way you have been hurting her ever since that Christmas party where you openly insulted her.”
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 10:38 pm

When Gabriel wrapped his arm around Iris's waist, she felt at ease. He had such a calming effect on her. It was useful when her emotions were running a muck. Iris quickly wiped away her tears and took deep breaths.

Iris's father just stood there like a dear caught in headlights. He glanced toward the ground. Slowly his eye brows furrowed. He was trying to find something to say.
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 10:59 pm

Gabriel continued to glare at his father-in-law, unsympathetic to the man's sudden speechlessness. Instead, having the upper hand in the argument boosted his confidence in continuing. "Every single time you've said you were trying to do what's best for Iris is a lie! You're not trying to protect her from getting hurt. All you're doing is perpetuating your hatred for me no matter the consequences. You'd rather tear your own family apart than accept your daughter's choice! And at the end of the day, it's not my fault Iris doesn't want to talk to you. It's yours."
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 11:09 pm

Iris looked at Gabriel and then at her father. He was still staring at the ground speechless. She then glanced back at Adrien. Iris could tell he looked uncomfortable. It was time to end this. Iris reached into Gabriel's pocket and pulled out the gate opener. She pressed the button and the gate opened.

"Leave," she said.

Her father looked up at her and just nodded his head. He then turned around and went out the gate. After he left, Iris turned around and walked over to Adrien. She pulled him into an embrace. "I'm sorry you had to witness this." Iris held him tightly. Tears were forming in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 12:31 pm

Adrien relaxed in her embrace and returned the hug.  “It’s okay. It seems like this was something that needed to be resolved..?” He wasn’t sure about the history behind this explosive encounter, but it seemed to go back far into the past.

Gabriel closed the distance between them and nodded. He placed a comforting hand on Iris’s shoulder while answering Adrien’s question. “It was bound to happen sooner or later..”  He paused, trying to study Iris’s expression as she held on to Adrien. He wanted to ask if she thought her father was done with them, but it was too soon for that.  She already looked ready to start crying again, and he didn’t want to make the situation worse.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 1:44 pm

Iris couldn't help, but pull Gabriel into the hug. She wanted both her boys by her. She fought back the tears. There was no reason to cry anymore. Her father willingness to leave was a sign that things were offically over. At least with him. Iris wasn't sure if her mother would try to talk to her.

The cold in the air eventually caused them to pull away from each other. They quickly headed inside. Iris closed the front door behind them. Awkwardness filled the air. Iris looked over at Adrien and Gabriel. "How about I make some hot chocolate? Gabe, I will make some tea for you." She gave them a smile. Iris was starting to feel better.
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 EmptySat Nov 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Gabriel nodded, thankful that tea rather than hot chocolate would be on its way for him. He didn't understand how Adrien and Iris could drink liquid chocolate. It sounded gross to him, but if that's what they wanted.

Before Iris exited the room, Lycca flew from Gabriel's pocket and floated near Iris. "You're going to make enough for me too, right? I want extra sugar added." Gabriel narrowed his eyes at his kwami's demanding tone. But before he could say anything, Plagg also made himself known with his own demands.

"If you're taking orders, I want some cheese fondue!" Plagg said loudly.

"Plagg!" Adrien exclaimed, obviously just as bothered by the spoiled demands as Gabriel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)   Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3) - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 35  Next