Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Pokemon: Sun and Moon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 8:00 pm

Just now I got a Gyarados while chaining Magikarp.

As much as I find SOS battles annoying it is nice for completing the dex and other perks. I guess it's a love hate thing. lol

I'm currently trying to get Corsola to appear. If you chain them a gen 7 Pokemon appears and it's the only way to catch them. Sadly Corsola is rare. >.<
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 4:36 pm

I waited and waited and waited so long to get this game... Got it on the release day... Played for less than a day and abandoned it. I don't know why. I'm a little sad about it to be honest. Everyone is so hyped about this game, but I can't bring myself to give a damn. Maybe when the hype dies down I'll be able to give it a shot... I notice that I always seem to enjoy things more when there isn't a lot of hype for it. Haha.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 7:43 pm

Play the game. It gets better once you get off the first island. I'm on island three and I'm having a blast. Im like 40 hours in. Lol
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 11:31 pm

As I type this the ending credits are rolling by and I have to say I'm honestly confused how I feel about this.

It's still the same same fun gameplay as always, with a handful of little tweaks to make  it fresh and interesting. But there's just something about this one that doesn't really grab me. Maybe it's my complete inability to be invested in the plot, especially involving Lillie. And since the game is so much more story driven, and focused particularly on her, I'm just meh to the whole thing. There's also Team Skull which, as of beating the game, I'm more confused about them than I was Team Galactic.

I also find it kind of sad that I ended up with a team of entirely non-Alola Pokemon. I didn't even end up evolving my Pikachu, it proved to be a beast on its own with the light ball and volt tackle. Kinda wish they had put in a special island where Pokemon can evolve into their non-alolan forms, but whatever. Gotta wait until January for them to put in the Bank update so I can get my Pokemon transferred.

As I said before, the changing up of concepts like trial challenges instead of gyms is interesting, but it also makes it difficult to get a sense of progression. I didn't even know when I would reach the end of that until the game specifically told me. At least I didn't find myself under-leveled and unprepared for what was ahead, so I can't complain there.

And apparently you CAN get red hair once you beat the game, but it's more of a purple-ish tint.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 12:05 am

Can't read your thoughts at the moment. XD

Still on Island 3.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 8:25 pm

I'm about to face the league! Working my way up the mountain!

I'm quite please with this game and the story! In general Pokemon has never been known for its storytelling so I didn't have expectations going in. So it's pleasant treat that they put more effort into the story compared to XY.

SM might become my number one Pokemon game.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 11:08 am

Welp. It's over. My live Pokedex has been updated to include all of the newly introduced Pokemon of Alola. That didn't take long. > >

The National Pokedex not being in the game would bother me more if I liked Sun and Moon as much as I did X/Y or B/W. I guess it makes sense now that there are over 800 Pokemon that they'd stop making that a requirement. And since the only way to obtain the 60% of all Pokemon not in Alola is to transfer them through Bank, it would just seem pointless.

And with that, Pokemon Sun can be retired to the back of my 3DS game case. Not the worst Pokemon game (that would be Black 2), but it's pretty close.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 11:30 am

Aw. I love Sun and Moon. In fact it's my favorite of the series. I had so much fun playing it. I love the region and the story. A step up from XY and my opinion.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 12:25 pm

They certainly put a lot more emphasis on the story (which didn't appeal to me at all) but it felt like aside from getting rid of HMs they downgraded everything.

Character customization has even LESS options, partly due to clothing being version exclusive.
Pokemon Refresh no longer has those mini-games so there's even less to do with it.
Poke Pelago is kind of boring and just there to farm beans and berries.
No re-battling trainers.
No Safari Zone or Game Corner still.
No method of obtaining Pokemon outside of the regional dex like the Poke-radar. They pretty much expect you to transfer via Bank.
No Chain fishing.
Farming items, which used to be fun, is now awful because most of the good items are only found on SOS exclusive Pokemon.
And from what everyone says, the Battle Tree is the worst. I wasn't planning on bothering either way.

For me a Pokemon game's staying power is important. I have to WANT to keep playing it after I've beaten the story. And the Alola region in general isn't even fun to explore despite giving me a big dog to ride and search for items. And for a giving you two Pokemon to surf on, there's a woefully small amount of places to use them.

I just find myself missing previous games like the fascinating and fun to explore Hoenn region, or the increase in story and character development that Black and White versions brought to the table. None of the characters in Sun and Moon really interested me the way characters like Bianca, Cheren and ESPECIALLY N did. I didn't realize it at first how much the former two tie into the themes of truth and ideals, but now that I do, they're suddenly far more fascinating than any other rivals.

Sun and Moon had an increase in story, but not only did it get really overbearing at times, but most of it was centered around Lillie. Maybe it's just cause I feel like I've seen her character type so many times, and it's a character type I've always disliked. I just found both her and Nebby annoying, and couldn't care about her story. Even her supposedly awesome moment of standing up to her mom ends up being trivialized when I'M the one who has to fight for her. I feel so unrelated to this conflict that it just seems wrong. And then they have to pull the whole "She was completely innocent, an outside force was causing it." making it seem even more pointless.

Oh and one more thing. The Alola Pokedex is the WORST. It's the most blatantly condensed regional dex, with so many entries that require hefty leveling (like all of the pseudo-legendary dragons), stone evolutions and item-based trading evolutions. There's the fishing mechanic, which is awful, and then they actually make you farm items off of SOS Pokemon just to evolve some things. Like Sneasel. You need the razor claw. Where do you get the razor claw? Off of wild Jangmo-o, that super rare and powerful dragon Pokemon.

I'll stop invalidating people now. > >
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 1:02 pm

I like that they got rid of the mini games for refresh to be honest. I enjoyed playing them, but it was nice just to feed and pet your Pokemon.

I didn't mind the clothing option. I was able to find an outfit I like. But yes version colors were stupid.

Lillie and Nebby. Honestly I loved these two. Yeah we have seen Lillie before, but it's Pokemon. The series is all about the gameplay rather than the story. BW has the best storyline for Pokemon standards and I don't think they can ever beat that. All I can say I enjoyed this story more than XY which is sad because I saw the potential of a good a story. A guy trying commit mass genocide. O.o

This game isn't prefect. I didn't like the region via SOS training. Without a guide you would never find them.

Fishing was awful. I like how they made dedicated spots, but the encounter rate was even worse than the grass encounter rate.

Items. Pokemon has always had this problem. Certain items are hard to find which pisses me off. At the end of every game I always have this ton of money that I have nothing to spend it on.

Ultra Beasts. The idea is a cool, but we could have gotten more Pokemon. It's like Mega Pokemon to me. Meh.

Post game. Well I haven't tapped much into it. I'll say this. It annoys me that to unlock things you have to battle people. What to explore the rest of Poni? You have to battle those annoying characters from XY! What to start the Ultra Beast missions? You have to battle this girl! Want to go into the Battle Tree? Battle Red or Blue! 

It annoys because there's like no good place to train Pokemon besides the Elite Four. I have only unlock the rest of Poni island. I need to train a team to battle that one girl for Ultra Beasts. My Elite Four Pokemon are not the best to battle her type wise.

Also completing a dex will be annoying since there's like no good place to train Pokemon. I'm going to train the non gen 7 Pokemon in my AS file since that game has trainer rebattles and Blissy bases.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Mew Ami wrote:
IIt's like Mega Pokemon to me. Meh.

Post game. Well I haven't tapped much into it. I'll say this. It annoys me that to unlock things you have to battle people. What to explore the rest of Poni? You have to battle those annoying characters from XY! What to start the Ultra Beast missions? You have to battle this girl! Want to go into the Battle Tree? Battle Red or Blue! 

It annoys because there's like no good place to train Pokemon besides the Elite Four. I have only unlock the rest of Poni island. I need to train a team to battle that one girl for Ultra Beasts. My Elite Four Pokemon are not the best to battle her type wise.

You reminded me of another thing. Mega Evolutions being relegated to Post-game, and even then you only get a select few of them. Buying them from the Battle Tree isn't such a big deal since Bank gives me tons of points just for having my live dex in there, but the Kanto Starter stones have to be won by competing in the tree, and the stones I really wanted (Mawile, Swampert, Mewtwo Y just to name a couple) aren't yet available.

Instead of improving it in any way, they just decided to throw it in because.

Yea this game really is a lot more battle-centric than other Pokemon games... which makes the no-rebattling trainers thing all the more infuriating.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 2:33 pm

It's GF they always leave features behind.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Wow. Even that pose at the end is just so very magical girl. Always thought this was a cute Pokemon and this just makes me like it even more.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Ever have that one shiny that you just want, but have no idea WHY.

Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 Alovulp1

Three hours I spent doing the SOS chaining thing, watching Pokemon youtube top 10s and the finally having to retreat to the nearest available outlet once the red light turned on. Even side-by-side with the original Alolan Vulpix it barely looks any different. XD

Was it worth it? I guess... gave me something to do in this game. I miss the Pokeradar, but I can see why that wouldn't work so well in this fully 3D game. X and  Y were essentially 3D games that played like 2D ones, so you still had stuff like tiles of grass. Not here.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 11:50 pm

Nice. I don't have the dedication to SOS chain for three hours. I tried to chain a Politoad once, but I gave up because the rate is terrible.

I'm currently trying to fill in my living dex. I'm 72% dex completion wise. Right now I am raising the non gen 7 Pokemon in my AS game since gen 6 has better level grinding areas. Another problem with gen 7 not enough trainers to rebattle. I hope USM fixes this.

God I miss Blissy basses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon: Sun and Moon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next