Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Pokemon: Sun and Moon Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Pokemon: Sun and Moon Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Pokemon: Sun and Moon Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Pokemon: Sun and Moon Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Pokemon: Sun and Moon Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Pokemon: Sun and Moon Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Pokemon: Sun and Moon Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Pokemon: Sun and Moon Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Pokemon: Sun and Moon Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Pokemon: Sun and Moon Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Pokemon: Sun and Moon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Pokemon: Sun and Moon Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 7:53 pm

I know we talked about the 7th generation in the Pokemon thread, but I thought it would be nice to have a specific thread.

20 years later and finally Gamefreak decided to truly shake things up. We're finally getting a reboot to gameplay. I am really hyped for 7th gen. I really love the Japanese trailers and I wish they used them in other regions. They use Hawaiian like music which make the region seem magical.

Just watch this trailer! I got a magical like vibe while watching it.  Laugh

I'm loving the new pokemon! I can't decide who I want to use! I still haven't picked a starter. I am getting Sun.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
sailorpandabear
Love Interest
sailorpandabear
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 259

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 3:56 am

It does look awesome. Now I wonder... how do I get it?
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 9:20 am

You need a 3DS.
Back to top Go down
sailorpandabear
Love Interest
sailorpandabear
Love Interest

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 4:07 am

I see.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 11:10 am

I just preorder Sun!

They need to stop showing off things because I really want these games! X.x
Back to top Go down
sailorpandabear
Love Interest
sailorpandabear
Love Interest

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 6:27 pm

What are they showing off? I thought they showed only the alola evil team, alola pikachu, meowth and cubone? and....the video above?
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 6:57 pm

There has been many trailers since the Sun and Moon have been announced. I was just showing that one video for others to see how magical it was.

Here's the newest one! You can find the other trailers on Pokemon's Youtube Channel.

So happy to see that they beefed up the trainer customization. You can dye your hair more colors and have more hairstyles. You can take off your hat! Clothes seem to have more variety compared to the clothes in XY. The recent Japanese trailer shows a bit more of the trainer customization.
Back to top Go down
sailorpandabear
Love Interest
sailorpandabear
Love Interest

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 8:32 pm

oh, I see!
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 2:05 am

Anyone get the game? I got Sun. I'm loving it!
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 9:53 pm

I feel a stupid sense of happiness that I got the very first copy of Sun at Walmart. I got there at 7:30am and the guy was just getting the boxes out to put them on the shelves.

I grappled for a while on which starter to go with, ended up getting Popplio... only to ditch him in the PC the moment I found out about the Island scan allowing me to get a Totodile.

Very happy with my ability to get a Pikachu w/light ball. The "Calling for help" mechanic is annoying though, since it happens practically every turn. Kinda bummed I can't get a standard Raichu though.

THERE'S NO RED HAIR. They let me have yellow contacts for eyes, but won't let me have even Ron Weasely orange hair? Bah.

Ran into a wild Eevee along the way and ooooh the dilemma. Ended up getting an Espeon, which has been a major powerhouse in my team. Also, I was considering dumping the Growlithe I had with me, but I've grown attached to it.

I got to the point where you get the Charizard ride thingie and I'm still not used to it. I keep trying to select a Pokemon to use Fly. It's a nice feature, stupid outfits aside, but I would have liked the option to surf on my own Pokemon. 

As for the story, I get what this game's trying to do, but it feels kind of suffocating when it takes half an hour to get to a Pokemon Center, and the game just refuses to let you play it, in favor of so much story and tutorializing. 

I feel like Arin during his Zelda Sequelitis video, talking about being taken on a tour, and all of the story-roadblocks giving you a "You can't tell me what to do" attitude towards the game. Because that is really cheesing me, constantly bumping into some unexpected, contrived roadblock because the game wants me to go a specific way instead of actually making the world map suited for exploring. I got really fed up with seeing Tauros really quickly in the beginning portion of the game.

The Trial Challenges are an interesting idea, removing the sometimes monotonous gym battles. It works. It makes it feel a lot less formulaic. It's not like "New town, find the gym, rinse and repeat." You never really know what to expect from these and the settings are interesting without feeling gimmicky like the gyms of old.

Can't say much about the characters, most of them are really blah. What I do like is the fact that Team Skull is treated in-game as exactly as much of a joke as I felt they were when I first saw them. 

Gonna keep playing and reserve the remainder of my judgement for the end.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 10:40 pm

I just got to the second island. I'm taking my sweet time to enjoy every second. I'm currently on Route 4 capturing Pokemon and training. Leveling is throwing me off at the moment. Since there are no more gyms I have clue where my team should be at. Plus I'm training nearly 20 Pokemon at the moment. I'm trying to get everyone up to 20. 

I have all 3 started thanks to the GTS. I did pick Rowlet. <3

So far I really am enjoying the changes. I'm digging the cut scenes and the story thus far. I love the professor, Hue, and Lillie. Nebby is super cute. Let him be free Lillie! I do wish your character was a bit more expressive. At least the 3D character models look better than gen 6. Goodbye Chibi style.

Team Skull. <3 They are beautiful. Words can't describe how beautiful they are.

My main two gripes so far is Festival Plaza and S.O.S Battles. I hate that the Festival Plaza is in its own sub world. Why? They tied the online features in it. I find it annoying to go in there to trade with friends. You have to make sure to V.I.P your friends and they have to be online to do so. The communication system in gen 6 was prefect. Why change it? They have quick link, but that's for local play only.

S.O.S. Battles. Who the fuck came up with this? It's super annoying. I don't mind it with the Toteum Pokemon since they're boss battles so they're suppose to be challenging. But why wild Pokemon? The only way to prevent a wild Pokemon calling for help is to place a status effect on them. Not all my Pokemon have that! Then you can't capture said Pokemon when it calls its friend. Why can't I capture a Pokemon in a double battle? You can in the Gamecube games! All you have to do is select said Pokemon like you do when battling. It makes zero sense!

I'm super easy to please when it comes to Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon EmptyTue Nov 22, 2016 8:42 pm

Agreed on the SOS battle front, especially since this is our substitute for the Pokeradar. You have to keep the chain going, having the pokemon continuously call for help, and that ups your chance of getting a shiny. Meanwhile you're not only being pelted with attacks the whole time, but if the lone Pokemon has a status condition, it won't call for help. Curse you and your static, Pikachu.

Yea, the festival thing is kinda dumb too. I especially don't like being thrust into a tutorial about it when all I wanted to do was receive a Rockruff from a friend who has Moon, to evolve it and send it back.

And there's a shop where you can dye clothes. That's nice and all, but why not hair?

While I may not be endeared much to the major characters, I'm liking a lot of the trial captains, especially Lana. There's also a weird farmer looking girl and a library girl who totally isn't a ghost type trainer, who are both just the cutest.

And the former gives us a bit of shippy bonus.

Spoiler:

I was surprised to see Colress from B/W 2 again, pretty sure I repressed all memory of that game a long time ago. Now if Iris makes an appearance I'll be really happy.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 5:07 pm

Pokemon: Sun and Moon Bounce_by_rlinksoul-daq0aid

It begins already...

I had a feeling the SOS battle mechanic would have the effect of chaining shinies, and it was confirmed pretty quickly. There are three thinks that make it more annoying than most shiny chaining.

1 ) You're pretty guarnateed to have to take a hit each turn. Since it won't call for help if it has a status condition.

2 ) It's much more PP costly than most methods, particularly the Pokeradar since after 40 chains of that, you no longer have to encounter any more Pokemon.

3 ) STRUGGLE. You have to be careful not to leave the one Pokemon calling for help for too long, or it'll struggle and faint. Instead it's advised to knock it out every once in a while, so that you can use the Pokemon next to it instead.

The second problem can be solved with a bit of work. Wild Smeargle are found in route 2 and with the help of the SOS system and a few Pokemon that know certain moves, and you can have a Smeargle knowing False Swipe, Recover and Recycle. The latter move lets you re-use the same leppa berry over and over, so it'll never run out of PP.

I ended up choosing Flamethrower for Smeargle's one attack move, since I was looking for Bounsweet in particular and it's a grass type.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 6:11 pm

Yeah and SOS battlesm also give you a chance catch next stage evolutions. I caught an Espeon when chaining Eevees. It only works in the day time. At night Eevee can call Umbreon.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 6:24 pm

Yea, that's happened a handful of times. There's also a set of unrelated Pokemon that can appear via SOS battles. I was trying to get a Clefairy to show up and instead I got Chansey.

And there are SOS pokemon that only appear when it's raining. So one time I was trying to get Bounsweet while it was raining and a Goomy showed up.

Also, look at this tiny Golbat.

Pokemon: Sun and Moon Golbat

I couldn't interact with it, so it must just be a bug in the game.

Last edited by RLinksoul on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: Sun and Moon   Pokemon: Sun and Moon Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon: Sun and Moon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next