Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

HOENN REMAKES.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOENN REMAKES.   HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:45 pm

Wow. You're way adhead of me. I still need to get the fourth badge. XD
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: HOENN REMAKES.   HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Six badges get, I'm currently taking things super slow, exploring places in greater detail, catching things.

One thing I'm really happy about is that this game has a MUCH greater output of berries than the original Sapphire. Instead of getting like... four berries at best for taking excellent care of a plant, a single plant can produce up to 24 berries in one go. I already have over 150 Leppa berries, which will come in handy when I get to the league. I finally got a secret base going, but I'm waiting until I get myself a good team before I release that publically.

There are two things I miss from X and Y, the trainer customization and that circular path around the tower in Lumious city where if you slide a coin under the circle pad, it would continuously cycle around the tower for easy egg hatching.

If there's one thing I prefer in the original games vs the remakes, it's the music.

Comparing Route 110's music for example, there's a lot less trumpet in the remake's version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t93s5gHcIrE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eEn6eOQ-_s

And the vs Kyogre/Groudon music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HUaLZyBNeY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a8ZM7vxOcY

I really liked how powerful the original sounded with the constant drumming and whatnot. The remake version has more of a synthesized sound that just doesn't have as much oomph.

I spent a lot of yesterday playing around with the Dexnav feature, and it's kind of nutty to be able to purposefully call forth any Pokemon I've already caught. Once you get surf you can use it to find Pelliper, which are usually holding a Pretty Wing, but after you level up the search for them, they'll start carrying Lucky Egg, which doubles the exp earned by the holder.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: HOENN REMAKES.   HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 6:12 pm

I have four badges now. XD God I can't wait to get fly. >.<
Back to top Go down
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 159

PostSubject: Re: HOENN REMAKES.   HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:54 pm

Well, my brother wants to get one of the new 3DSes so he's going to sell me his old one and Alpha Saphire is one of the very first games I'll be getting.

Crystal was the first Pokemon game I ever played but Saphire was the first one I got when it was still new so I'm looking forward to revisiting it. I remember picking the girl because I recognised her as May from the show, misspelling her name as 'Mai' and cheating by borrowing a level 100 Mewtwo from one of my friends on my first playthrough (And eventually losing the game when I brought it to school one day) but I don't think I want to go through all that again.

That aside though I'd be more than happy to go back to Hoenn. I'm going to miss those MIDI trumpets in the title screen but I'm not going to miss the old Hoenn Victory Road. That thing gave me nightmares.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: HOENN REMAKES.   HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 8:00 pm

Wow the set-up to battle Kyogre was even more amazing than in the original Sapphire Version. So much character development included in this thing. The weather itself looked awesome (though I do miss the way the lightning made the entire screen light up on the GBA)

Twelve years have passed since battling Kyogre at the Cave of Origin in Sapphire version. I remember that being a particularly grueling battle where I had to reset the GBA many times.

This time though? I only had to reset once because leech seed takes more HP than Kyogre's Aqua Ring restores. I thought it would balance out. One thing I've learned to use since the Gamecube games when battling legendaries: Accuracy reduction. Biggest help ever.

So the battle began with my shiny Pikachu using Flash at least five times and successfully avoiding getting hit. Then he used Thunder Wave on it.

I figured I'd switch over to Breloom and use Giga Drain, but Kyogre finally got to get a shot in, and the Ice Beam one-shotted Breloom.

Back to Pikachu again. A single Light Ball enhanced Thunderbolt brought Kyogre down to the yellow, closer to the red than the green. I figured I needed one good weak attack to bring it down to the red so I thought "What's a weak pokemon that's been a pain in my neck this entire time?"

SWELLOW! And I had the thief move on it, so I used that, threw a single Dive Ball and it was DONE.

I feel like it shouldn't have taken one Dive Ball considering how much of a PAIN Kyogre usually is to catch, but I'm fine with that.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: HOENN REMAKES.   HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 11:47 pm

Do you get Fly after the 5th gym? I can't remember. I hate how Hoenn towns are so spread apart and require HMs to get too. Thank God they allow Fly to land you on routes now. >.<
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: HOENN REMAKES.   HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 12:27 am

You get fly RIGHT BEFORE the 6th gym in Fortree City, and you need to beat the gym there in order to use it.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: HOENN REMAKES.   HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 12:45 am

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I hate waiting for Fly.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: HOENN REMAKES.   HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 5:48 pm

So people have already discovered that you can chain shinies by using the Dexnav. If you continuously encounter many many many of the same pokemon, you'll eventually have a 1/200 chance of finding a shiny.

The method is much easier than using the Pokeradar. You can even find a different Pokemon without breaking the chain, so long as it's found via the dexnav and not a normal wild encounter, and you make sure NOT to run away from it or scare it away.

The price of this convenience though is TIME. I spent three hours on a single chain, which had climbed up to about 150, with no luck. I was about to give up hope and then...

HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 Smdr

I was nervous too because some of these come with the move Momento, which will cause it to faint itself.

I was also concerned about fainting it, since False Swipe can't normally be used on ghosts, but I learned a neat trick. The move "Soak" can be used to turn it into a water type, thus making it hittable by normal attacks, and the Octillery I use for fishing can learn it.

Edit: I caved and transferred my live Pokedex into Alpha Sapphire so that I could complete the national pokedex and get the shiny charm.

Then I chained 160 Zorua before getting a shiny, three hours later. I'm starting to think the shiny charm is just a placebo, to make you think your chances are better. Now I need sleep.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: HOENN REMAKES.   HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 9:20 pm

Finally got back into this game. All I need to do right now is beat the Elite Four then I can move on to the post game stuff. Currently training my A team to level 50. 

I have a problem with the gen 6 games. They make it easier to train more than eight pokemon. I have like a giant team. My A team and my B team. I also want to make an Eevee team by getting all the evolutions. Plus because of the Dex Nav I am trying to get all platinum crowns in every area. I really want to catch them all. I never been into doing that before, but this game makes it so easy. I'm not counting legendaries seeing how some them are event only. I really want a Mew.  Cry
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: HOENN REMAKES.   HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 10:40 pm

Last night I finally beaten the Elite Four. It feels so good to be done with Hoenn. I never beat the original gen 3 games. Now on to beating Kanto and Sinnoh!!
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: HOENN REMAKES.   HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 8:54 pm

I AM SO CLOSE TO COMPLETING THE HOENN DEX!!

These are the mons that are left:

Delcatty: Skitty: moonstone
Bellosoom: Gloom: sun stone
Starmie: Staryu: water stone
Froslass: Snorunt (female): Dawn Stone
Dusknoir: Dusclops: trade holding reaper cloth
Rhyperior: Rhydon: trade holding protector
Kingdra: Seadra: trade holding dragon scale 
Groudon: trade 

I looked on GTS to make things easier for getting these mons. I'm going to breed some starters that have their hidden abilities and offer them for the ones I need. I really don't feel like doing the trade evolution mons:

1) In ORAS you use BP to buy reaper cloth and protector. I have them in my X game, but because the Pokebank doesn't allow items I would have to bring those Pokemon over that game and then trade. 

2) I hate trade evolutions. 

As for Groudon I'm going to have capture him in my Ruby game and transfer him. The other game I can get him from is SoulSilver. Yeah that ain't going to happen. In order to get him you need to beat Red first.  Which isn't going to happen because the level curve in that game is terrible. The Elite Four are in the 50s while the Kanto leaders are in the 60s. Then for whatever reason Red is in the 80s. WTF. All wild Pokemon around Mt. Silver are in the 50s.

GAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-;
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: HOENN REMAKES.   HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 8:06 pm

Update!

I'm 19 pokemon away from completing the national dex! I am so excited to catch them all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOENN REMAKES.   HOENN REMAKES. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

HOENN REMAKES.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magical Girl Cafe  :: Cafe Magical :: Tea Time :: Video Games-