Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? Empty
PostSubject: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:07 pm

Mew Mew Power gets a lot of hate. I mean a lot of hate. First off they changed everyone's names expect for Deep Blue and the Blue Knight. They even change the everyone's ages. 4kids edited and cut out a lot of stuff. They even changed the episode where Lettuce crushes on a guy from a library. They have Ichigo and Minto tell us about it. The music was changed. Oh and they ruin episode 12 by making a pilot episode and then pretend it never happened.

So yeah seems bad doesn't it? Well it's not completely bad. I don't think it is. I grew up with the Sailor Moon Dic and Cloverway dubs. Heck I even grew up the Dragon Ball Z dub. So comparing Mew Mew Power to those dubs it's not that bad.

For one thing, because of Dic's Sailor Moon dub I enjoy the music 4kids made for the show. I found them catchy and I like the transformation music they made. To me I feel like everyone's transformation but Zakuro and Lettuce (she didn't have one. XD) fit them better than the Japanese music. Also the songs remind me of their Pokemon songs they made from the Kanto and Johto seasons. All those songs were catchy!

The name changes shouldn't be a big deal. I feel like it should of been obvious that the names were going to be changed. I just wish they pick better names especially for the Aliens.

The voice acting. It's meh. The mews aren't that bad. They're decent. Zakuro's English voice is the best out of all them. It's fits her nicely. Ryou's and Keiichiro's voices are decent. Could be better, but decent. Aoyama's voice could have been better, but it's tolerable. The aliens voices were all terrible. They all needed to be fix. My poor Kisshu's voice. >.<

The Edits and Cuts:
Yeah a lot them were pointless. No need to discuss any further.

The ages:
I for one didn't mind the age changes. I always wanted to watch a magical girl series with older girls. A lot them look older anyway. I mean Ichigo's boobs look pretty developed for a 13 year old. (I hope that doesn't make me sound like a perv ^^). Only problem I had with the age changes were Pudding's and Keiichiro's. I think they bumped Keiichiro's age down. I believe he's in his 20s? Which he should be seeing how he was quite old when Ryou was a kid. Pudding needed to stay 10. She did not look like a 14 year old.

Finally despite all the changes. For the most part it kept with the original story. However they did change the Aliens' motive for trying to take over Earth. In MMP world the aliens always lived on a terrible planet and they were jealous of the humans for living on a beautiful planet so they want to steal it. Yeah way to take away the fact the Aliens aren't evil 4kids. -_-

Over all I don't think MMP is that bad of a dub. There are worse dubs out there compare to this one.

Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
CureMewPeach
Civilian
CureMewPeach
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 552

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Honestly, I don't think it's a terrible dub either. Ok, tbh, compared to the original Japanese version, it's bad. But, if you look at it for what it is, it's actually really good.

I love the English names, I thought they were all fitting, and the voice's were good, too. They made the character's sound not too childish. And, I can see where you're coming from about Kisshu/Dren's voice... But, I've honestly grown to it, especially since I've become a big fan of Andrew Rannells ;)

And, I love the songs as well, plus the music.

Really, the only bad thing about the dub is the cuts, edits and some of the change in dialog and a bit of the story. Other than that, I actually like the dub :) xx
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Kisshu's English voice actor made him sound so creppy. It's the reason I can't watch MMP. The girl names were good. I just wish the aliens and the boys had better names.
Back to top Go down
CureMewPeach
Civilian
CureMewPeach
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 552

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Fair enough, that's your opinion, and I respect that :) xx
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:59 pm

I respect yours too. :D Out of anything in dub I feel like the music fits the series the most.
Back to top Go down
Apfelblüte
Civilian
Apfelblüte
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 500

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:07 pm

I don't really have seen the dub (yet), only comparision videos and while I think that uuuh... Mew Mew Power appears to be pretty much a new series all together, I can't bring myself to hate it.

Not gonna lie, Dren is my secret crush baby. I totally seperate him from Kisshu, but omg... cutie. His jokes, his intonation, his speech patterns.. *sob*
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:29 pm

I don't like dren's puns. XD I like lame puns, but I can't laugh at Dren's. I think it has to do with his voice.
Back to top Go down
Apfelblüte
Civilian
Apfelblüte
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Haha, opposite opinion here, for some reason his voice is the most attractive thing ever to me.

I just... he is first class crush material for some weird reason XD
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:06 pm

O.o It hurts my ears. XD
Back to top Go down
mew_makoto
Civilian
mew_makoto
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 0

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:31 am

The only episode I ever watched was the one where lettuce was in the library and I hate it. I prefer the sub much better and as you can see it hit the wall. There was never any big franchise for it and they didn't even dub it all. I think they lost money myself. It never even got released on DVD.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:36 am

Well actually MMP did get a DVD released. In Australia and South Africa. They aired 4kids English dub there in both places. The French used 4kids version and released it on DVD. However the French actually went and dubbed the other half of the series that didn't 4kids didn't dub. They left everything uncut and only kept the English names.
Back to top Go down
mew_makoto
Civilian
mew_makoto
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:39 am

I wish they'd make a new series.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:46 am

oh me too, I would love to see a remake of TMM. Heck I would just be happy if it would get redubbed, but that won't happened.
Back to top Go down
mew_makoto
Civilian
mew_makoto
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:06 am

Yeah it wasn't popular like sailor moon or anything.
Back to top Go down
SugarRush
Civilian
SugarRush
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:07 pm

the dub makes me laugh! Especially Kisshu/Dren's voice! :') omg, and the things that Dren says just crack me up! xD
Taruto's voice is just... AWFUL! I mean, he's about 9-10 years old and he has the voice of a weird 40 year old man... it just isn't right :(
Masaya's voice was funny! He sounds like an old man and it does not suit him at all! xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?   Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever? Empty

Back to top Go down

Debate: Is Mew Mew Power really the wrose dub ever?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next