Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Zelda! - Page 3 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Zelda! - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Zelda! - Page 3 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Zelda! - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Zelda! - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Zelda! - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Zelda! - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Zelda! - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Zelda! - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Zelda! - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Zelda!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
ToriJ
Civilian
ToriJ
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 576

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 1:57 am

My brother had the first and second game for the NES, the special gold cartridges. It was the only games in his Nintendo library I wasn't allowed to play so for the longest time Zelda hung over my head as this mystical force where I could only imagine what it was like.

Then in the late 90's I would play my first Zelda game via The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. It was also my first N64 title and it was off the hook! I would be able to play the original Zeldas for the NES, A Link to the Past for the SNES, all the ones for the Game Boy as well as Ocarina of Time's sequel, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Four Swords. I own three Ocarina of Time games with one of them being gold like my brother's old NES games were. Thanks to a collector edition I got on GameCube I have the first, second, OoT and Majoras Mask all on one disc so I actually have four OoTs counting that.
Back to top Go down
http://torijreviews.blogspot.com/
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:38 am

As my username implies I am very fond of the Legend of Zelda series. I first got into it in high school, then the GBA remake of Link to the Past first emerged. I was the second person to join the Four Swords cliche among my friends, so I became the red Link, hence the R in my username.

Since then I have beaten every title in the series. My personal favorite (aside from Four Swords) is Wind Waker even though I think Ocarina of Time is the best.

The new one coming to the 3DS, A Link Between Worlds, is one of the big three that I wanted the 3DS for.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:54 pm

This is why Majora Mask is my second favorite zelda game:

Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 4:34 pm

i just got my first Zelda game since the SNES. something hourglass i dunno i havent played Zelda is so long that i'm almost scared.
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 7:04 pm

I didn't like that one.
Back to top Go down
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 8:38 pm

well then i guess its a good thing i got it free huh?
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 1:45 am

I didn't mind Phantom Hourglass, but Spirit Tracks? That one is by far my least favorite.

Anyway I have just beaten A Link Between Worlds and I must say... it was both fun and disappointing at the same time.

One of the biggest faults is the combination of being able to play the dungeons in any order, and having to rent/buy the necessary item before each dungeon.

This means that the dungeons are all built so that you can navigate each one in any order. The enemies don't get more challenging, the dungeons don't require any skill other than repeatedly using the single necessary item.

The dungeons themselves are also incredibly linear and straight-forward. There's no complexity involved, no real feeling of being puzzled, just venturing from room to room, stepping on switches and and such.

Still, it was a fairly fun game, and anything's better than the all-touch-screen controls of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 12:53 pm

link between worlds is my favorite Zelda handheld game.

Honestly I don't find picking your dungeon path a flaw. Past Zelda games have done it before and the items are always heavily used in any Zelda dungeon. At least the Zelda games I have played. The game is slightly easy to me. Sometimes I do run into a tight spot. To me Zelda isn't about difficulty it's about the adventure.

As for picking your items it is odd but it works. I wouldn't like to see it again.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 10:28 pm

So WW HD is worth a buy even if you already have the GC copy. It's stunning and the updates are quite nice. However there are some things that irk me.

Songs: Once you play a song once in each playthrough, the action happens automatically after you play the song the second time. AKA you dont get to watch Link play the song. This bothers me a little bit because I like to the listen to the music.

Grappling hook: You can either move your gamepad around to aim or use the right anolog stick to aim. Both annoy me. I wish you can just use the left anolog stick to aim.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 11:15 pm

I can't figure out what you mean about the songs tbh so I can't really comment on that.

The grappling hook thing is more understandable, but I'm iffy on the ginormous gamepad anyway.

I have Ocarina of Time 3D downloaded on my 2DS and I REALLY like the original better. Maybe I'm just used to the original, but it seems like the new one is always moving in fast motion. If I didn't have the game memorized I'd be so confused. They also goofed up the mechanic that lets you roll to avoid injury from a fall.

And speaking of songs, I don't get why you can't just use the D pad for the ocarina. Instead you have to use the buttons. X Y A and such. It's confusing. I have to basically re-learn all the Ocarina songs over again.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 11:20 pm

Let me rephrase it. ^^ I could have rephrase it better. XD

You hit the wind waker button. Yes! Your wind waker is set to the d pad in this game so you don't have to equip it. Then you use the right stick to play the notes. Once you play the notes Link will conduct and the action after the song happens. However you only see Link play it once through each gameplay. If you play the song again it will go straight to the action. Example changing the wind's diction. It will go straight to the compass after playing the song for the second time.  

As for the gamepad. It is a great controller. I'm just use to playing WW on the GC controller. It will take type to get use the grappling hook. I just move the wii u pad when using the item. I have master it somewhat. lol
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 8:39 pm

Okay, upon watching the Game Grumps video of Wind Waker HD I see what you were saying now about the songs. It doesn't stop to repeat the tune in proper form like when you play the Ocarina in the N64 games and the swirly background appears.

I don't know whether I like or dislike this because in places like the dungeons where you use the Command Melody that takes up a lot of time having to do that constantly.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 8:58 pm

Well the only songs you see Link play over and over no matter how many times are the Temples' songs. Command Melody goes straight into the command after you play it once I believe. I can't remember. Right now I am doing the triforce shards and trying to 100% the game (minus the Nintendo Gallery because it's too much work despite the miiverse making it easier.)
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 11:48 pm

My copy of Majora's Mask arrived today! I haven't much of it, but I like it so far. They actually made it look different graphically from Ocarina of Time, with things like the portals that take you out of underground caves looking really intricate. Termina itself also has some minor design changes, such as central Clock Town and the path to the Southern Swamp being bigger.

Some changes are kind of odd though, like the owl who gives you the Song of Soaring is positioned RIGHT SMACK at the entrance to the Southern Swamp, so before you even follow hop the lily pads for the first time you get the song.

If there's one change I really don't care for, it's the Bomber's Notebook. Every time you fulfill even a minor aspect of a side-quest involving someone in the notebook, it pops up on the screen and little by little adds the pieces you've completed. 

Also, the Happy Mask Salesman gives you the notebook. In the original MM you could get the notebook without having to chase the kids around simply by using the password after you get the Deku Mask. Once you exit the Bombers Hideout the leader will come up and give it to you. No big deal.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 11:54 pm

I got it the day it came out. XD

I just beat Snowhead and did a lot side questing tonight. 

Yeah it's strange how they moved things around. I don't mind the bomber notebook so much. It helps me keep track of what I haven't done yet. The boss battles piss me off because they changed them! So far the first two bosses you had to hit them in the eye. I didn't realize that until after I beat the first boss. I went and read a guide to read more about the changes. I did a major facepalm. I was trying to beat him in the old fashion way. 

I don't if it's me, but I feel like the controls are bit slippery? Like sometimes I go to jump and I end up missing and fall to the ground. Could just be my clumsy gamer skills.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zelda! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zelda!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next