Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
General Talk! - Page 12 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
General Talk! - Page 12 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
General Talk! - Page 12 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
General Talk! - Page 12 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
General Talk! - Page 12 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
General Talk! - Page 12 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
General Talk! - Page 12 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
General Talk! - Page 12 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
General Talk! - Page 12 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
General Talk! - Page 12 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

General Talk!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

General Talk! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 7:22 am

Brotherhood followed the manga. There is more to Father than meets the eye. The homocolus are written well in both versions. Expect for Warth in the 2003 series. I hated they changed Warth and Pride around in the 2003 series. 

The manga is way better than the 2003 series. Dante is bland. I'm not saying 2003 is bad it's just the ending sucks. There is closer with the manga's ending. The ending is meaningful. 

I just recommended the manta but offer Brotherhood because it's good apatation of a manga. Plus it's 64 episodes long.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Mew Ami wrote:
@ Link

Did you watch the 2003 FMA anime? Because if you did then I would highly recommend picking up the manga or watch Brotherhood. 

I think even think Brotherhood was out at the time I watched the anime. Either one is fine cause it doesn't really change why I didn't enjoy the how. I have a thing where I don't enjoy the show if I don't like the characters and frankly I must wonder if Rumiko Takahashi had a role in this because there are a lot of characters with over the top hair trigger tempers and penchants for violence.

Not a huge fan of the way the show tries to be comical during serious/dramatic moments either. It just doesn't mix the two very well.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 8:54 pm

Brotherhood came out in 2009? Around time I ended high school and going off to college. I watched 2003 in spring of 2009 and then went to the manga and watched Brotherhood. I have no nostalgia for FMA 2003. 

FMA can be dark at times and violent. To be fair  the hair temper thing is really just with Ed. Has for violent tempers that's Ed and Winry. XD
Back to top Go down
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 159

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 10:21 pm

RLinksoul wrote:
Not a huge fan of the way the show tries to be comical during serious/dramatic moments either. It just doesn't mix the two very well.
I'm going to take a wild guess in saying you didn't make it too far into either series.

I get what you're talking about and how it can be bad. In the very first episode of Akame ga Kill (Which I highly recommend avoiding at all costs)
Spoiler:
and then RIGHT after in that exact same scene they're making jokes. Or something like how after the end of every episode for the majority of Mirai Nikki there's these (painfully unfunny) comedic shorts even when the entire episode takes itself completely seriously.

But in the case of FMA they don't do anything like that. With the other two examples it's very clear that they want you to take the situation completely seriously before suddenly launching into stupid, unfunny comedy. With FMA, they only make jokes when you're not meant to be taking the scene too seriously. Generally the show isn't very good at comedy but the only times I recall them making jokes during scenes with a somewhat serious atmosphere was when they were up against small time villains.

Last edited by SquadmemberRitsu on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 11:38 pm

If anything it was mainly about Ed's height.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 11:39 pm

So last week my laptop died. Apparently it has something to do with the part of the laptop where the power cord goes in. I always thought it was concerning that whenever I plugged in the cord it gave off a spark and an audible popping sound. Yea that's something to be concerned about.

I ended up receiving an older laptop from some unknown person on facebook. And by old I mean Windows XP from 2002. I was also given a Windows 7 CD that AMAZINGLY works pretty well on here. It takes an eternity to start up, but at least I can do everything I want with it.

Only real downside is that it has half as much storage capacity as my old laptop, 111gb vs 191gb. I guess I'll have to actually watch anime instead of just download tons of it.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Crappy weekend. That's all I can say.
Back to top Go down
saturn
Magical Girl
saturn
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 9108

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 4:08 pm

Hopefully your weekend gets better
Back to top Go down
http://thesolsticequeen.tumblr.com/
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 6:21 pm

my dog had surgery today. he's home now resting, but what an ordeal...
he even gets to wear one of the cones
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 7:14 pm

My Great Aunt is passing away this weekend. I'm not sure how I should feel about it. I'm sad, but I feel like I won't be crying when she does. I'm a crier so this is strange to me. Maybe I will cry at her funeral? 

I wouldn't call us close, but we're not strangers. She babysat when me I was a kid. When I was in high school I would clean her house. It's hard.
Back to top Go down
Lady Orion
Civilian
Lady Orion
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 18

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 8:38 pm

Looking around the forum.  Don't know where to start.
Back to top Go down
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 9:28 pm

^^ we have a lot of fun topics going around! Since you found us through GC you might want to start with the Sailor Moon sections or just dive right in a become an activity helper. We've got a little fall event coming up!
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
Lady Orion
Civilian
Lady Orion
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 11:13 pm

I had a long day at work.  It was both a good day and a bad day.  I need to learn to do my job and keep quiet.
Back to top Go down
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 2:39 am

i learned that some people are for lack of a better term true and utter bitches. shallow, bullying bitches who break their own rules when someone does something they don't like, shallow stupid bullying bitches.
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
Lady Orion
Civilian
Lady Orion
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 8:25 pm

^I know what you mean and the funny thing is even people who are older than us still do that.  I have a friend in her 50's that does that.  

Work was better today.  I didn't stray out of my area...only to use the ladies room and I got must of my work done.  I should finish by tomorrow. Then I can concentrate on other things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Talk!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next