Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
General Talk! - Page 11 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
General Talk! - Page 11 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
General Talk! - Page 11 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
General Talk! - Page 11 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
General Talk! - Page 11 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
General Talk! - Page 11 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
General Talk! - Page 11 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
General Talk! - Page 11 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
General Talk! - Page 11 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
General Talk! - Page 11 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

General Talk!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

General Talk! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 9:03 am

Okay. If there's one point I can give the dub It's this.

The MUSIC

This is some Mario Galaxy level magical. Simply gorgeous. This is exactly the kind of thing I had been hoping Crystal's transformation music would sound like. Something that says... gorgeous and beautiful, rather than peppy upbeat ULTRA HAPPY Precure type thing.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 12:54 pm

It's what kids are into these days. Pop music.

I really like Dic's music. Especially Moon's transformation song.

Last edited by Mew Ami on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 2:54 pm

General Talk! - Page 11 Tumblr_n8zephO19V1r0tftzo1_500

HA. XD
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 12:53 am

Why am I just now finding out that France Gall's CD is on Itunes D: I've always wanted a copy of her music! *Presses purchase button*
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 3:45 pm

I found the perfect hotel suite for you Link!
General Talk! - Page 11 Mad0110

(Please don't kill me)
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Psh. You should know by now that my Suite is Precure.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 4:12 pm

that can also be arranged XD

General Talk! - Page 11 Hotel-pretty-cure
Back to top Go down
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:59 am

I managed to pass my last class with a high b! Now back to LVL where I will pass this freaking time!
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 7:00 pm

BunnyBelle wrote:
I found the perfect hotel suite for you Link!
General Talk! - Page 11 Mad0110

(Please don't kill me)

I would freak out if I walked into a room like this. All the eyes.....
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 1:46 am

So I was watching HaCha while browsing Magical Girl Fan Problems, and I accidentally clicked the reblog button instead of the notes, and a funny thing happened.

General Talk! - Page 11 VPF8AJa

Perfectly appropriate picture.

I'm just glad tumblr doesn't use pictures of lovable anime characters crying and begging people to join.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 12:25 am

Tragedy is really wanting to watch a show because a certain actor, artist or musician you love helped make it.

But you cant even make it past the first episode because of all the un-needed uncomfortable fanservice. 

talking about you "Rinne no Lagrange" .......Your soundtrack is still awesome tho.

(I kid, but man did I really want to like this show but i did not..)
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 5:49 am

I've noticed for a while now that I watch almost nothing but Magical Girl shows lately. I rarely give anything outside of the genre a chance.

I've come to the conclusion that the reason for this is because I trust the genre. I know that so long as I'm watching a traditional MG show aimed at kids, I'm not gonna end up watching something horrific or overly sexualized. 

The only traditional Magical Girl shows that have ever really disappointed me were Doki Doki Precure, Fancy Lala, Petite Princess Yucie, and Pretear. At worst they're boring or sloppily written. They've never done anything that has made me even close to disgusted.

It makes me kind of disappointed in myself that I seem to dislike anime that the majority considers popular. Bleach, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, Haruhi Suzuymia (the only other anime besides Madoka that I'd ever use the word hate on), Steins;Gate, Samurai Champloo, Death Note, Spirited Away, Evangelion, K-On, Lucky Star, and I absolutely refuse to watch Utena and Attack on Titan.

Yep. My taste in anime sucks. XD
Back to top Go down
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 159

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 7:32 am

BunnyBelle wrote:
Tragedy is really wanting to watch a show because a certain actor, artist or musician you love helped make it.

But you cant even make it past the first episode because of all the un-needed uncomfortable fanservice. 

talking about you "Rinne no Lagrange" .......Your soundtrack is still awesome tho.

(I kid, but man did I really want to like this show but i did not..)
I liked Lagrange (The fanservice, while not completely gone, never got nearly as bad as ep 1 afterwards) but I can relate.

I'm in the middle of watching Watamote now that the English Dub is out. In the dub, Tomoko is played by Monica Rial who's a veteran in the English Dub scene and probably one of the best VAs around. Even now that Sentai Filmworks are miscasting some of my favourite VAs left, right and center I've never really heard a bad performance from her. Watamote is also done by Sentai Filmworks and, to be perfectly honest, it's probably one of the best performances she's ever done. It didn't surprise me that she's now calling it one of her favourite roles to date.

She really nails that awkward tone that Tomoko uses and her comedic timing is perfect. The problem? Well, the show just isn't very good. I'm all for black comedy if it's funny but thing I like about black comedy is making light of a dark situation. Watamote's sense of humour is just incredibly mean spirited all around to the point where even some of the jokes I laughed at still made me feel guilty. Even though I occasionally feel sorry for her situation, Tomoko still manages to be pretty unlikeable herself. Not since Yuruyuri has a comedy series made me cringe and ask the show 'Are we really doing this right now?' so much. It's bearable because, as I said, Monica Rial is fantastic in it. But it's very far away from being a good show.

That being said, I got this thing signed by Monica Rial when I met her at a convention earlier this month. The show wasn't out (And still hasn't come out) in Australia yet but even if it was I sure as hell wasn't going to pay $60 for the Blu-ray.

General Talk! - Page 11 10660305_715534808520594_8412035694658692860_n
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 11:56 pm

@ Link

Did you watch the 2003 FMA anime? Because if you did then I would highly recommend picking up the manga or watch Brotherhood. The manga is so much better than the 2003 anime. As for Brotherhood it's a remake that follows the manga. It's done right as well unlike THAT OTHER SHOW!! It's only 64 episodes long. There's only two filler episodes. The first one and a recap episode. 

FMA isn't like typical shounen stories. The author actually sat down and planned everything out before she started the first chapter. She even knew she would end at 108 chapters. The story is tight and the characters are interesting. They all grow and mature by the end of the story. Heck you even feel invested with the bad guys.

The 2003 series is just grrrrrrrrrr!!! The ending is horrible and if you want a proper ending you have to watch the movie which is just as bad. I'm not saying 2003 is awful, but the villain is not interesting at all and their plan is somewhat confusing. The manga (and Brotherhood) had a different villain who is actually more threatening. 

Trust me it's nothing like Bleach or Naruto.
Back to top Go down
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 159

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 6:25 am

Brotherhood is far closer to your typical shonen series. It's sort of like Naruto or Bleach if they were actually well written. Unfortunately, that means it also has pretty awful pacing issues. Granted filler is very minimal and the pacing isn't 'full episode flashbacks in the middle of a fight scene' bad but the first 13 episodes were really rushed with giant chunks of important canon information that affected the rest of the series (Which got whole episodes dedicated to them in the original) that only get a passing mention which can be easily missed. Then once they got past that point you suddenly get more than a few full episodes going by where almost nothing important happens.

I also strongly disagree with what you think about 2003. Actually, one of the biggest problems I had with Brotherhood was how utterly bland the villain was. Dante wasn't the perfect villain but her motivations for doing all the horrible things she does are made very clear and actually make some amount of sense in a messed up sort of way. With Father... he's just evil. He wants to take over the world and become God because he's evil and that's what evil people do. No ambiguity, no strong reasoning behind his actions, no one manipulating him behind the scenes, just an evil guy who does evil stuff. While in Brotherhood the Homunculus were never anything more than Father's evil minions 2003 actually (quite literally) injected some humanity into them and fleshed them out more to make them more than just inhuman monsters to do whatever Father tells them to do.

To be honest I don't like any of the endings to FMA. While 2003's is the most tonally appropriate it's a little bit silly in some areas. Brotherhood's felt the most complete but it also felt really contrived and a bit too straightforward given everything that came before it. Conqueror of Shamballa had an alright ending but the movie itself is one of the most pretentious things ever and had me wishing for something simple and straightforward like the ending to Brotherhood and the manga.

But personally I don't see the use in arguing about which one's better because they're both good in their own ways. I much preferred 2003 because of how it gradually broke away from the typical shonen formula whereas Brotherhood just sort of kept going in that one direction. But both of them are fantastic shows all things considered. If it's the bad writing of shows like Bleach and Naruto that Link doesn't like then I don't see why he shouldn't try Brotherhood. If it's just the general style of battle shonens then Brotherhood might just seem like more of the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Talk!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next