Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Pokemon! - Page 10 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Pokemon! - Page 10 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Pokemon! - Page 10 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Pokemon! - Page 10 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Pokemon! - Page 10 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Pokemon! - Page 10 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Pokemon! - Page 10 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Pokemon! - Page 10 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Pokemon! - Page 10 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Pokemon! - Page 10 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Pokemon!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
SaintGamer19
Civilian
SaintGamer19
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 17

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 3:43 am

I've been having some Pokemon game nostalgia and really want to share a sweet story, but I kinda wanna hear someone else's first. So what are your guy's fondest Pokemon game memories?
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 12:50 pm

One of my fondest memories in Pokemon was getting my shiny Latios, Eon. I was in Black 2, resetting the game to try to get a Timid Latios to use in the Battle Subway. I was getting REALLY bored of resetting... And I wasn't even paying attention when I threw the Master Ball, and it wasn't until I looked back down at my game that I noticed that the sprite of Latios in the newly recorded Pokedex entry was shiny! It was weird, because I didn't even have the shiny charm yet, and I wasn't using cheats! It just... Happened. Sadly, the Latios ended up being Docile, so I couldn't use it in the Subway, but I held onto him. I brought Eon over to Alpha Sapphire, and he's now my go-to Pokemon for training other Pokemon. He's level 100 and is holding the Latiosite so he can Mega Evolve! Cheer

Also, here's a funny but tragic thing that happened to me as a child:

When I was a kid, I had that "Official Pokemon Handbook". You know the one, everyone had that book. It was based on the Gen I games, but also was influenced by the anime... I had the deluxe version, with the green cover and Mew on it, that talked about the BRAND NEW POKEMON TOGEPI!! LOL. That book was cool, but it was before my time. By the time I actually started playing the games, I was playing Gen III...

Which brings me to my story. That guide book said that Mewtwo could only be caught in a Master Ball. Which is all well and good for Gen I, because there's really nothing better in Gen I to use a Master Ball on.

But I thought that applied to Gen III, as well, so I stupidly used my Master Ball on Mewtwo.

Then, when I first ran into Suicune, I had nothing to catch it with! I didn't know any ways to catch a roamer as a kid without a Master Ball... And I had no way to import another one.

So I never did get to catch Suicune as a kid. Cry Because I followed the advice of a book that wasn't written about the game I was playing.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
SaintGamer19
Civilian
SaintGamer19
Civilian

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 1:21 pm

You don't even know tragic! I had the same guide too, and a few others. I remember it explicitly stating that the Master Ball could catch any Pokémon. So I kept my Master Ball safe in my inventory. I let my dad play one time, and was trying to reach him how to catch Pokémon. He got I to a fjght with a wurmple, and I was stoked cause it looked so cute. And then my dad threw a master ball at it.

I was so ticked off but I bit my tongue. Figured my wurmple would at least have a cool crib inside that ball.

And then it failed

I was so ticked off, I ran back to the guide I read to figure out if I missed something. And guess what, in fine print on the page about the master ball, it states: may not work on all Pokémon 
WELL THEN I guess the mythos around the Master Ball was just a lie, sitting on a throne of lies!

Now for my fondest memory,
Aw! My fondest memory was back in Middleschool. I had been playing Pokemon Diamond for three years by then and had a dream team (a very unorthodox one). When I found out in 7th grade a bunch of my friends played it too I was so happy! And then they started talking. EV this, Medusa method this, shiny that. Numbers, stats, personalities. I come from a Digimon background so I was all "Love and Friendship" with my team. So I challenged them to a battle. We went over to one of my friends houses and we pulled out our handhelds. I started up the battle and of course, my highest level was 62 and my friends had 100s. I lost a lot of confidence right then, but I believed. I forgot what his team was, but he was cycling through his Pokemon to add debuffs to mine. He took down half my team, and so I decided to bring out the big guns: my Luxray at level 61. I took down one of the pokemon in one shot (my other three took it down to red) and I was pretty scared when my friend started laughing and sent out a level 98 Hippowdon. My friends had told me so many times how they would teach their Pokemon Frustration out of convienence, and I would always teach my Pokemon Return (moves that rely on stats not listed on the Pokemon's stats sheet). Surprisingly I didn't go first. My level 61 Luxray got hit by a level 98 earthquake. I was as good as dead, but after the move ended my guy was still in the yellow. Everyone was puzzled, especially me. Then my Luxray used Return, and everyone in the room started teasing me for teaching my Luxray a useless and unrealistic move. It sent the Hippowdon from 100% into the red with a quarter HP left. And that's my favorite moment, everyone stopped laughing. My friend used Earthquake again, and my Luxray survived with 1 HP left. I used Return again and destroyed the Hippowdon. I lost the fight in the end (only knocked out two of his Pokemon) but they never teased me about my methods again
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 93

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 1:46 pm

Awesome story! 
So I've only very recently gotten into Pokemon with my brother - few months ago (we got Omega Ruby, yeah that recently)  I just really loved playing with him and bonding over it. I think the best part was probably when we finally caught Deoxys in the Delta episode after trying SO MANY TIMES. It was even more frustrating because you have to go through the whole catching Rayquaza, then fighting Zinnia, then fighting Deoxys and making sure you've weakened him enough to catch him, but not to kill him. Another was beating the Elite 4 and Steven together. Goods times man, good times.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 6:56 pm

Pokemon Go is out. At least in Japan and Australasia. There are people in the US and other countries that have it so I wonder if Beta testers get it first? Anywho. I really have no interest in this because A I am not using my phone's data for this game and B I rather play the actual game. >.>
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 12:34 pm

OH MY GOSH
OKAY 
So I got Pokemon Go alright? And when it asked my for a nickname. I'm all, yeah, I'll just use my real name. I put that in, and somehow, it's not available (which is weird because it's a rare name but it's actually Japanese apparently so that may be it). So I input all this random stuff, like WHAT and pleasestop. I try Janeausten, nothing. Going a little crazy at this point, I look around my room for inspiration, and see this shirt from Disneyworld's Tower of Terror thingie. Of course since it's Twilight Zone inspired, it has Rod Serling (the narrator guy) on it. So I just type Rodsterling (notice I spelled it wrong... Ugh). AND SOMEHOW IT'S NOT TAKEN.
So now I have my female avatar/character with the misspelled name of a male actor. Hopefully, I can change it later on.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 2:40 pm

Sadly, I can't play Pokemon Go. Not only is my iPod way too low-tech to be able to run it, but it doesn't even have constant Internet connection, so I'd be unable to actually play it when I leave the house, unless there's a hot spot nearby. Cry
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 9:56 pm

I still use an old flip phone that doesn't use apps, so no Pokemon Go for me. XD
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 11:32 am

I ended up downloading it. I haven't really use it. I just have my starter. I think it's silly how usernames name can be taken.
Back to top Go down
SaintGamer19
Civilian
SaintGamer19
Civilian

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 3:41 pm

All Pokémon Go players, please use caution when disclosing our location in the game and carry power spray when traveling to beacons or what not. Also remember that Parks have curfews and to carry a decent amount of water on you while traveling.
There have been a few robberies committed by using beacons to lure pokemon go players into ambush locations, so I recommend Pokemon Going with a buddy.
Despite all the chaos, I love how this game is getting more eyes walking around and how basic advice that we always ignored is becoming relevant
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 6:46 pm

To quote a few memes on the subreddit "Pokemon Go has done more to combat child obesity (and obesity in general) in 24 hours than Michelle Obama has in 8 years."
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 8:10 pm

PFFT BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 8:52 pm

Ain't that the truth! XD
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 7:27 am

Finally upgraded to a smartphone and that means Pokemon Go.

Not ten minutes into playing, a Scyther appears right outside my house. I rode around on bike and caught a few things, like a Bulbasaur and Staryu.

Then the servers for those who use Trainer Club accounts went down. When they came up, I turned the game on and BOOM. Pinsir right in front of me. In my house.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 6:03 pm

I've been really into ROM hacks lately. I'm playing Light Platinum right now, and I plan on playing Glazed and Flora Sky next. So far, Light Platinum is alright... The graphics are utterly gorgeous, but the story leaves much to be desired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon!   Pokemon! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next