Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Glitter Force?? - Page 4 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Glitter Force?? - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Glitter Force?? - Page 4 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Glitter Force?? - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Glitter Force?? - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Glitter Force?? - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Glitter Force?? - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Glitter Force?? - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Glitter Force?? - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Glitter Force?? - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Glitter Force??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 159

Glitter Force?? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 9:56 am

Glitter Force?? - Page 4 KNUrJc3

Just checked Netflix and found a cast list. I guessed that it was Kate Higgins voicing Beauty from the trailer, but it's nice to have some conformation. Weird that the voice actor for Sailor Mercury in the uncut Sailor Moon dub is also playing a character in the 'made for kids' dub of another magical girl show. It's also worth mentioning that April is played by Naru's VA,

Aside from Derryberry I don't know who any of those other people are.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 10:53 pm

Totally watching it tomorrow!  bunnyloveit
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 2:21 pm

So for those with Netflix, Glitter Force has arrived.

Aaaaaand Joker is called "Rascal", Pierrot is "Emperor Nogo". Huh. I kinda doubt the name Joker is copyright protected by DC Comics, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:20 pm

Ohohohoho, I was on the Glitter Force tag on Tumblr, and I found this gem!

Apparently, the original Japanese ending wasn't good enough, because Saban decided to make their own CG animated dance ending. And what an ending it is! Ohhhh wow.

I'm just curious as to...why?? Did they not get the rights to the ending animation?? Pretty Cure always has dance endings, why couldn't they use the original one?? The world may never know.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:29 pm

Part of it might be because the first ED lists the names of the Cures, which have been changed. I did like that they kept the bit with the strawberries though.

The dance moves in the GF ED seem a lot more Western, making me think of old stuff like the Macarena. And now, for those who don't have Netflix.

Edit: Oh. I didn't notice that you had actually posted a link. Upon seeing it. I want to die. Now I have to research this. To Netflix.

Last edited by RLinksoul on Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:32 pm

Ohh, true, that probably is why they changed it. Well, at least they tried to keep the spirit of the original, instead of doing a slideshow ending or something like that. American shows tend to have really boring ending themes.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:36 pm

Huh. The one I posted is the ED for ep. 1.

I'm looking at ep5 now and it seems to have the first ED from Smile visually intact but with the names taken out. I still haven't seen the thing you posted. Gonna keep looking.

Also, THIS played at the end of episode 10. Even in crystal clear quality on my HD TV it looks awkward.

https://vimeo.com/149441249
Back to top Go down
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 1:13 pm

So I'm just starting this and the only thing I've found to keep watching right now is that the voice actress for Lucky I think the pink one is Rise from Persona 4. Which makes me just a little happy, anyway I'm not fst in and this is technically I guess my first precure, but really a dub has never put me off a series with my new glasses I can even stand some subs.
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 159

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 4:28 am

I told myself that even if Precure got one of those 'kid's dubs' that I would be happy because 'Hey, it's Precure dubbed into my language!'. I think another reason I was hopeful about its quality is because even the kid's dubs these days are better than they were back when I was growing up.

But here's the problem. This is not done in the style of something like Yo-Kai Watch where even with all the name changes and censorship they still follow the Japanese script. In fact, it's not even like the censored dubs I watched when I grew up. This is a product of an even earlier time when no one knew how to localise anime so they just did whatever they wanted with the show.

Basically they've taken the Japanese script, got the gist of what was being said and then threw it out the window. Sure they can avoid the problem of their dub sounding too stiff because it followed the Japanese too closely but they've basically turned it into a completely different show in the process. In certain cases I would actually be okay with that approach. But for what it is Glitter Force is about as boring and cheesy as kid's shows in the 21st century get. And this is coming from someone who considers Smile to be 'the fun season of Precure'.

It's sad because the voice acting and the casting choices are mostly pretty spot on even if Peace sounds a little too shy, Candy sounds like a boy and Sunny and Spring sound a bit too similar. Pretty much the whole thing is let down by the awful script.

Well that, some really hairbrained (And mostly unnecessary) localisation decisions and this

Back to top Go down
Na11
Civilian
Na11
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 16

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 1:08 pm

I AM not watching it!
i NEVER TRIED IT OUT AND HATE IT!
Smile!Precure is the best.
Forget Glitter pun.
08:14:45
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Glitter Force??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top