Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Glitter Force?? - Page 3 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Glitter Force?? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Glitter Force?? - Page 3 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Glitter Force?? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Glitter Force?? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Glitter Force?? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Glitter Force?? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Glitter Force?? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Glitter Force?? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Glitter Force?? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Glitter Force??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
CureMewPeach
Civilian
CureMewPeach
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 552

Glitter Force?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 10:08 am

I LOVE Laura Bailey!! I can't wait to find out who she'll voice!

Debi for Candy is good!

I'm not familiar with Danielle :-/
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:33 am

Hmm... Thinking about which episodes of the show would likely be cut, since Glitter Force is only going to have 40 of the 48 episodes... I definitely thing episode 17, the comedy duo episode will be cut.

Every time that style of comedy appears in an anime, Shugo Chara for example, all of the jokes just fly right over my head. I find nothing funny about them at all and feel like I'm missing something. Especially jokes that involve Japanese wordplay.

They would either have to change a lot of the jokes in that episode or remove it entirely.

Moral Guardianship might be another reason to cut episodes, like that one episode where Yayoi received candy from strangers and was all "It's just like an rpg!"

But who knows, they could have cut the episodes simply because it's cheaper, taking out ones they deem unnecessary. Considering almost every episode ends with a new Cure Decor, I wonder how many kids will notice unfamiliar ones already appearing in the decor case.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:19 am

A lot of people on Tumblr speculate that the episode about Yayoi's father will be cut. Every time I see people talking about which episodes are going to be cut, everyone's mind always jumps to that one. I haven't seen it personally, so I can't really weigh in on this, but that's what I've seen from the fandom.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 3:58 pm

magical-pudding wrote:
A lot of people on Tumblr speculate that the episode about Yayoi's father will be cut. Every time I see people talking about which episodes are going to be cut, everyone's mind always jumps to that one. I haven't seen it personally, so I can't really weigh in on this, but that's what I've seen from the fandom.

I think because it's a very....un-american children show episode. Yes it mentions parent death - but there's more too it because it relies on a very quiet and somber mood. It wants you to be touched and sentimental. 

The closest U.S. thing I can compare it to is that Rugrats Mother's Day episode where they focused on Chuckie's mom and they recite the poem she wrote for him at the end of the episode. 

Episodes like that usually get cut from on-air anime (i.e. - in Cardcaptors case, all of the episodes focusing on Nadeshiko did not make it U.S. airwaves)
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 4:09 pm

I remember that episode! That episode was pretty sad, but to be honest, when I watched it, I was so young that the sentimental value really flew over my head. I never got particularly sad from watching it. But again, I was VERY young, around five or six.

Honestly, though, if that's the case, I can... Kind of see why they would cut it. I'm not saying episodes like that are bad, but I do think they can be very, very triggering for some children. Sure, maybe for some, seeing a character go through the same struggles they did could be empowering, but... For others, it would just bring up bad memories, so it's probably best to avoid it so that way no one gets their feelings hurt.
Back to top Go down
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 159

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 10:12 am

So Ben Diskin made a passing comment on Twitter about working with Mary Elizabeth McGlynn on Glitter Force. I asked if that meant she was the ADR director and as it turns out the answer was 'Yes'.

For those who don't know her past work she's directed the dubs for Naruto, Wolf's Rain and a few seasons of Digimon. But the part of her resume that's most worth mentioning? Cowboy Bebop (Which she both directed and starred as Julie in). If you've seen the dub or at least know of its reputation then you can probably understand why my expectations have suddenly shot up.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 6:32 am

We have episodes!

And according to this list, the shrinking episode is being pushed down to 9, with the original Ep.9 being bumped up.

The okonomiyaki and Cure Gorilla episodes are being cut, most likely due to being very Japanese, and the much loved episode about Yayoi's father is being cut. A comment on tumblr suggests that it's because the episode is about the meaning of Yayoi's name, which is now "Lily".

And the show's going to have a different soundtrack too? By Noam Kaniel, whose work includes Power Rangers Samurai/Dino Force, W.I.T.C.H., and the theme song to Code Lyoko...? I have no idea what to think.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 4:04 pm

Well... at least it's not simply chanting the name of the show over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 4:26 pm

Very up beat! XD
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 4:56 pm

It's pretty much exactly what I expected -- sounds like a pretty typical American girly show theme song.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 5:01 pm

I hated Mew Mew Power, but god I loved its theme song. I actually used it with amv that I made with the first Precure series. The lyrics actually fit it. Actually a lot of dub Children's animes have fun stupid songs. lol
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 7:07 pm

The trailer IS OUT!

(the original posting was blocked to everyone outside the U.S., so here's a reposted ver.)

I'll have to listen to it again once I get home, but it's not too terrible. cheesy of course but I'm getting more and more excited.

Also, their magical girl names Are:
Glitter Lucky
Glitter Sunny 
Glitter Peace (probably kept the same due to Yayoi's constant peace hand-signing)
Glitter Spring (I really like this one, it can mean the season but it can also describe the movement ie - "spring in your step", so it's similar to the double meanings of "March" too)
Glitter Breeze

so I'm glad their names are still unique instead of "glitter pink" etc.
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 7:25 pm

I might actually watch this. So two out of five cure names were kept. Nice! I actually like Lucky, Spring, and Breeze. Also I believe Cure March had wind like powers? So Spring fits well! Cure Beauty had ice like powers so Breeze fits well.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 9:25 pm

I love it!!! Especially Candy's voice -- so cute! I wish I had Netflix...
Back to top Go down
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 159

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 10:58 pm

Yep, that's Laura Bailey alright.

I'm probably being unfair because all the other girls had about 2 seconds of dialogue in the trailer, but they don't sound very distinctive. It's only 3 days until I can sample the dub for myself though, so I'll just wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glitter Force??   Glitter Force?? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Glitter Force??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next