Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Character Discussion - Meiling Li Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Character Discussion - Meiling Li Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Character Discussion - Meiling Li Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Character Discussion - Meiling Li Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Character Discussion - Meiling Li Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Character Discussion - Meiling Li Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Character Discussion - Meiling Li Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Character Discussion - Meiling Li Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Character Discussion - Meiling Li Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Character Discussion - Meiling Li Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Character Discussion - Meiling Li

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Character Discussion - Meiling Li Empty
PostSubject: Character Discussion - Meiling Li   Character Discussion - Meiling Li EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 12:49 am

Character Discussion - Meiling Li Tumblr_ljfu7lLIoF1qgtzopo1_1280

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be with or without the G at the end, so I'm just gonna stick with the G. I like it better.

And now it's time for me to talk about the show's most polarizing character. Initially I can see why she was so disliked. She is a massive brat and a loudmouth, but I came to love her by the end of the show.

Her being able to hold her own relatively well against the Fight Card? How awesome was that? Definitely one of the most impressive moments in the entire show. And Meiling here is not magical in any way. Her matching Syaoran's motions during the fight with the Twin Card was another memorable scene.

She's also the one prone to the funniest moments, like her ideas for trying to solve the riddle with the candle sticks, ending with her throwing them up in the air. Her attempts at cooking are also guaranteed to be funny.

Being an anime exclusive character I can see why they had to run her out of the show once Sakura and Syaoran's relationship started to build up. It's just sad how hard the show came down on her, with one of her last scenes involving her sobbing hysterically all over Tomoyo, venting her frustration.

I never was keen on the whole "kissing cousins" thing, so I can't say I'm disappointed that the ship didn't work out. I love how confirmed lovers become cousins in Sailor Moon, but these two don't get to stay as cousins.

Her character song is also remarkably soft and precious considering her character. I would have expected something a lot more upbeat and loud.

And now one last pic of pure fluffiness.

Character Discussion - Meiling Li CJeVxz6

I want to sqeeze her!
Back to top Go down
Tiffany94
Civilian
Tiffany94
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 7

PostSubject: Re: Character Discussion - Meiling Li   Character Discussion - Meiling Li EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 2:15 am

She is fine, I find her a bit annoying at first but then she grew on me. Plus, her fighting skill is quite enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Character Discussion - Meiling Li   Character Discussion - Meiling Li EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 4:39 pm

I kinda liked her when I was little and I was watching the dub. She was the "annoying mean girl" yeah, but I like that she had a little more bite to her than the other characters who just sort of emit fluffy feelings. Also, she had meatball/bun hair. When I was 11, that's all you needed to impress me.

I wonder how much CLAMP was involved with her character. I know Nanase Ohkawa did script work for the anime, but I always wondered if her hands were in Meilin's episodes or she just assisted with the manga adaptation chapters. I know there are clamp illustrations of her too, & one of my little favorite things is when manga-ka draw the anime only characters 

Kinda hoping Meilin makes it into Tsubasa Chronicles one day XD

just shows up and proclaims to be Syaoran's fiance. It'd be great
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Beat
Hostess
Beat
Hostess

Coffee Beans : 715

PostSubject: Re: Character Discussion - Meiling Li   Character Discussion - Meiling Li EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 12:59 am

I've got to say I'm a cold hearted dude and she was one of the selected few to make me feel...DEM FEELS. While at first cocky she was always sincere and direct with her love. Also loved her hidden softness and tenderness and I still think Syarona should've been NICER to her but still, that scene when she cries with Tomoyo after she "loses" to Sakura, I had to destroy a brick and my hand in the process just to feel MANLY again.

I always found kissing cousins interesting and I've seen few mangas where it gets used to fuel the relationship with what society thinks and all that, it would be interesting to explore that possibility.

Anyhow she's cute and I love her chinese get-up! so cute!
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Character Discussion - Meiling Li   Character Discussion - Meiling Li EmptyTue May 05, 2015 10:35 pm

Meiling is awesome. End of story!

She's a great addition to the anime. I think her main purpose was to be a rival to Sakura, but I think that changed as the story progress. She became more of a supporting character for Syaoran and helped flesh him out a bit more. I like how in the anime he didn't live alone and we got to see his family. Plus because of her we got to see him as little kid. <3

As for her character. I love her character type. The know it all cocky girl. I admire her confidence and her determination.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Discussion - Meiling Li   Character Discussion - Meiling Li Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Discussion - Meiling Li

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1