Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 6:30 pm

SGFSDHHFKLSDJSDKGJVDKLFJGHDFKLJGHDFKJHDF!!!!!

This pisses me off! I had it with Nick! They have a good show on their hands, but what do they do with it? Nothing! This reminds me when Korra book 1 was coming out and they had an Avatar marathon, but THEY SHOWED IT ON THEIR NICKTOONS CHANNEL. Not everyone gets that channel so I bet a lot of kids I had no idea what Avatar was. You could watch Korra without seeing ATLA, but it helps to see it before hand. 

All they care about is their stupid teen sitcoms and Spongebob. I'm sorry Nick, but Spongebob hasn't been funny since I was kid. Right before the 1st movie came out (yes I said 1st! They're making a second one!!) You need to retire it and go back to making good nicktoons.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 6:50 pm

The worst part is, they blame it on low ratings, but the thing about that is...

The first season raked in an average of 3.50 million viewers per episode. The first season aired SATURDAY MORNING. You know, when kids would actually be watching cartoons and older viewers wouldn't be going out on dates and such.

The second season aired Friday Nights with significantly less advertising, and the viewer rating was 2.0 million average. And they randomly pushed it back an hour without any alert.

Now the third season comes along and I didn't even know it was going to air. I randomly turned on the TV one day and saw it was airing. Still Friday at 8pm. And this season's (despite the fans liking it much better than the second season) is at an all time low, at 1.50 mil being the highest rating, and that's for the premier.

And another thing, Nick seems to have an allergy toward airing re-runs of this show. They supposedly dislike shows that follow a plot and can't just be aired in any order, but I think that's just cause they're too stupid to work a schedule.

Edit: on the plus side, they finally put the first five episodes of book 3 on their site.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 7:01 pm

Wow 5 has aired? I need to finish book 2....

Nick has never been good with their schedules.  They always changed things around even when I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 7:07 pm

Mew Ami wrote:
Wow 5 has aired? I need to finish book 2....

They started off book 3 by airing three episodes in a row. Apparently this all has to do with the fact that the Mexican version of Nickelodeon accidentally leaked four or five episodes a month or so early.

But yea from then on they've been airing them two a piece. Tomorrow they're supposedly only going to air one though.

...Nickelodeon is a mess and it needs to die. The more I watch Mr. Enter tear apart awful episodes of shows like Spongebob, the more I begin to question why Nickeldeon is even allowed to make shows anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 7:11 pm

I've seen that guy! He did a crossover with Pieguyrulz. Right now Pieguy is going through every Spongebob season. He has done 1-4 so far. Bless his heart when he gets to the seasons after the movie. He's trying to see if the post movie seasons are all truly awful. 

Wow episodes got leaked? Nick is so messed up. To bad Cartoonetwork can't pick up Avatar. Nick turned down Adventure Time. I bet they're sorry about that. XD
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 10:24 pm

In other news: Our Avatar is a tremendous dork and I love her for it.
Back to top Go down
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:31 pm

I finally got to finish book two the other day I bought the dads. I want to watch book 3 but I'm not sure where to go to do that online. I might just wait for the dvds again.
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:42 pm

Then good news!

http://www.nick.com/videos/legend-of-korra-videos/

The first five episodes of Book 3 are on their website.

Edit: All of the episodes are there now, including the one that just aired last night.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 9:36 pm

Before I begin I just want to say that the move to digital has been actually been rather pleasant for me. I can support the show just by turning off adblock, and unlike Crunchyroll, I don't have to sit through a bunch of commercials.

Second, the show aired during grocery night, so I always had to hope the groceries would arrive before the show started. 

I get kinda mad when I see posts that are like "F*** waiting until noon! Watch this week's episode on an illegal streaming site!" Is it really that much trouble waiting to watch the episode, commercial free, and support the creators of it? I mean the network sucks, but these two guys and their staff are doing what they can with it, going above and beyond to provide for the fans.

UP TO EPISODE 10 SPOILERS! BELOOOOOOOW.

As of episode 10 of book 3, there are two major things I've noticed.

First is that this season seems to be the "real" Air chapter.  The main villain is an airbender, who even before becoming one has a lot of knowledge of gurus and air nomad ways. "Freedom" is a constant theme throughout this season, which air is the element of. We have new airbenders all over the place, and we finally have an episode focused on the original airbenders, namely sky bison.

The other thing is that it feels kinda similar to book 1, in that way have a morally ambiguous revolutionist extremist who believes his cause is righteous, trying to take down oppressive governments. 

Back when the season first premiered, I made a post on here about how so many world leaders are corrupt. I'm pretty pleased and amazed that the show is addressing that so deeply, and using it as a way of showing that Zaheer's cause has some sympathy to it. 

And on that subject: Called it on two counts~ I knew that Zaheer and his group would be the ones to take down the Earth Queen. Can't say I wasn't rooting for it. Takes me back to when Tarrlok was being at his worst, and everyone was rooting for Amon to take him down. 

But good lord, the way the Earth Queen was taken down... When the main villain of the season is an airbender, you naturally start thinking of ways they could use that airbending more dangerously than an air nomad would, but I didn't imagine they'd actually do THAT.

Now I have two predictions for book 3.

1 ) Since Zaheer mentioned that he's done chasing Korra and wants her to come to him, and also wants to eliminate world leaders, he's going to threaten President Raiko and make Korra head for Republic City.

2 ) Zaheer's plans for Korra involve accelerating the release of Vaatu. He mentioned Raava and Vaatu earlier, and mentioned that the part about the Dark Avatar was not part of the Red Lotus's plans. He also wants to bring about a new world order through chaos and the removal of world leaders, so I can see how Vaatu would fit into that.

Either way it's been an interesting season so far, and not nearly as problematic as the previous two. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the insistence on shipping everything.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Magical Girl
Addelyn
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 57

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 11:19 pm

I completely love the part where Bolin was making those predictions about Ming'hua and Ghazan and he was like 2 out of 3, not bad. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT TWO! Now there is a possibility that the two of them having a thing for each other is cannon XD
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Addelyn
Magical Girl
Addelyn
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 11:51 am

Sorry for double posting but:

HAS SOMEONE ELSE WATCH EPISODE 11 YET? I NEED TO BE TALKING ABOUT THIS WITH SOMEONE!!
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:16 pm

Addelyn wrote:
I completely love the part where Bolin was making those predictions about Ming'hua and Ghazan and he was like 2 out of 3, not bad. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT TWO! Now there is a possibility that the two of them having a thing for each other is cannon XD

I liked that part too. It makes the villains human. They can take a moment to have a little fun with "the enemies" because they're not EEEEEEVIL TAKE OVER THE WORLD or complete sadists. They just have goals that conflict.

I AM however displeased with the idea of shipping them. I've had enough shipping for one Avatar Cycle thank you.

BIG HONKING SIGN WARNING PEOPLE THAT EPISODE 11 SPOILERS ARE BELOW!

I finished episode 11 just a little while ago, and I think this was the first time the show genuinely got my heart beating slightly faster.

Lots of funny points in the first half, particularly with Mako and Bolin's grandmother, and of course Naga and Pabu.

Bolin getting star-struck over meeting Lord Zuko was a classic call-back to the trailer for book 1, where he was pointing toward Korra and telling the viewer she's the Avatar.

Then that second half... I'm kind of surprised Zaheer didn't recognize Tenzin considering he supposedly had a hand in locking those four up. He must have been taken down by someone else, like fellow (at the time) non-bender Chief Sokka (who this show needs more of)

Since this season was still airing I was hoping we'd see Tenzin and Zaheer square off, and it was awesome. I loved how he was actually able to face Zaheer on fairly equal ground until the others stepped in. And that one move like Aang does in the opening? Niiiiiice.

I remembered seeing that shot of Kai falling through the clouds in the trailer, so I was suspicious when nothing like that happened as of the first half of the season. I was right to be suspicious... thankfully he didn't die.

It seems like Zaheer is getting more evil and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I hope this doesn't fall into the trap of "Character seems to be morally ambiguous, believing this is for the greater good when in fact he's a sadistic faker who has no regard for even his Lieutenant." 

Next week is the end of Book 3, and as always it'll be sad to see this show go, but from what I've read Book 4 is already in the works. Hopefully they won't do a half-way shoddy job like they did season 3 of Danny Phantom (when the show was already going to be cancelled).
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Magical Girl
Addelyn
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 5:49 pm

Oh no, Tublr has me on the Mingzan ship and the SS Zahli and now because someone freaking mentioned it NOW MY BRAIN WON'T LEAVE THE IDEA OF ALL 4 OF THEM >.> and then there's Bolin and Opal and Kai and Jinora, and we have Bolin/Ghazan/Ming-Hua friendship ship thingy which is totes adorable.

I think Zaheer was taken down by Tonraq because when they're rescuing P'Li, Tonraq says, Zaheer, I took you down once before, I'll do it again!

Thing is, Tenzin was WINNING. Zaheer is good, especially for only having his air bending for a short period of time, but Tenzin is a MASTER air bender, and it showed. Tenzin even kept up a reasonably good fight against Ghazan, Ming-Hua and Zaheer. It wasn't until Sparky Boom Boom Lady joined in that he was getting beat up.

Today's episode is that these guys are the bad guys. I wonder though if there's going to be a fight between the when some of them are like Zaheer, this is going to far.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 11:16 pm

Well folks, Book 3 is ending tomorrow and I'm sad to see it go. It's a shame they had to rush it so much because of that leak, and then there's the move to digital which I guess is nice because Nickeldeon is allergic to rerunning shows that have a plot.

All in all it's been a pretty great season so far, with none of the major problems the last two had. There's been shippiness, but it hasn't been strangling the plot like it did in the first season. 

Mako has also been pretty good this season. His role seems to be better as the straight man to Bolin's nonsense, rather than the brooding teenage love interest.

Korra is also much better behaved this season, like when she sat with Daw on the bridge and talked him down. She's finally learning patience and understanding for others. The only thing bad that happened was Korra and Tenzin trying to force that one guy to leave his family and become an air nomad.

I do feel that there's a lot they haven't yet elaborated on though.

1 ) What the stories are with Guru Laghima and Xai Bao.
2 ) How Lavabending is possible.
3 ) How Ming Hua lost her arms.
4 ) We still don't know how combustion is possible either.
5 ) Why Asami is so perfect and wonderful.
6 ) Why the Red Lotus wants Korra. That's probably the only one that will be answered.

I'm confident it's going to be a fantastic finale either way.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 8:38 pm

And now it's over. It's all over. My life is over until book 4 starts.

FINALE SPOILERS BELOOOOOOOOW

Drama and giant letters aside this finale was DARK. AND. CREEPY. Bloodbending's got nothing on this. My heart honestly started racing near the beginning when they were doing the hostage exchange.

P'Li... my god P'Li. At first I didn't understand what happened, the way they used that descretion shot confused me for a moment. But once I realized what happened, good god. On the one hand I'm glad Zaheer wasn't just like "Eh. Whatever." But on the other hand I feel he should have expressed more sorrow for her. Instead he was able to detach himself emotionally and learn to fly. I've already seen many tumblr posts of him with "I believe I can fly" audio attached.

Pretty boss fight otherwise though. Chaining Korra's hands in front of her wasn't the brightest move on the part of the villains, but it worked out for them in the end. Tonraq being super awesome was super awesome.

Bolin learning lavabending was kind of expected, but also kind of not. After the last few episodes I had a feeling he wasn't meant to learn metalbending, but I didn't think they would just drop that plotline there. I can understand him being able to move already present lava, but to generate it from earth I think should have taken more practice with it.

Well, my predictions were both wrong. I thought Zaheer would go after President Raikou, and that the Red Lotus would try to bring about chaos by speeding up Vaatu's emergence from inside Korra. Instead what he did was FAR FAR worse. Never thought I'd see the day when this show gave me the horrific, on-screen torture of a character. Because kids shows!

Shame we didn't learn more about the Anti-Rangers, like how Ming Hua lost her arms. Gotta appreciate how each of the villains were taken down by their native elements.

P'Li combusted herself.
Mako caught Ming Hua in a pool of water with lightning. (I actually forgot he could do that)
Gahzan brought down the house on himself with his earth and lava bending.
And the new airbenders worked together to bring down Zaheer.

And then there's the ending, where Korra is in a wheelchair and looking so broken...
Why must this show torture her so much?

First she breaks down when Amon ambushes and intimdates her. Then she loses her bending and seems like she's gonna throw herself off the cliff. Then she has Raava ripped out of her and destroyed, now she gets tortured with metallic poison and two weeks later she hasn't recovered.

And Raiko of course is no help at all. "With the Avatar incapaciated who will protect the city?" I get it, you and your police force are useless, but god man be a little more sensitive.

It's funny... when Jinora gathered the airbenders to make that tornado I thought to myself "Baby is earning her tats" but wow, they actually did it. They actually had her shave her head. I didn't expect it, I thought that because she's a cute girl they wouldn't want to do that for fear of ruining her aesthetic appeal. But aside from having kinda lumpy ears she looks so much like Aang did.

Also I love how they managed to get that basement dweller from episode 2 to join up.

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 Tumblr_napoeh3EbA1sl793io1_1280

Well it's safe to say Kai has fully redeemed himself. He even admits he was kind of a jerk back then, and the day wouldn't have been saved without him.

All in all it was probably the best season so far. Nothing overly problematic happening like in the last two seasons. No romantic subplots strangling the story, Korra and Mako being good characters, Bolin getting development, intriguing villains that aren't phonies or one-note world domination seekers.

Looking forward to book 4, hopefully Nick doesn't screw us further and outright cancel it. Unlike the Equalists, the show made it clear that the Red Lotus threat is still out there. Hopefully we'll see the end of it.

...They never did find Aiwei again. His body's either gonna stay in that hotel room or be buried or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next