Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2819

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Alright.  Here.  Scroll down to the episode summaries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra_(Book_2)

But please, watch Beginnings 1 and 2.  It's better than the rest of book 2, and it's stand alone enough that you wouldn't really need to watch any of Korra to watch it other than the fact Korra appears a couple times in the episode (for like 5 seconds per time) to fit it into the season.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 8:12 pm

You really want me to finish book 2. XD
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 8:13 pm

I want to be able to reblog book 3 spoilers without worrying... XD
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 8:14 pm

Go for it. I reblog SS spoilers now. Because I got tired of waiting for you beating SS. XD
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 8:15 pm

Alright then.  Glad we're clear. XD

Still.  Watch Beginnings.  It's important to me on some weird, irrational level.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 8:30 pm

I can tell. You're really pushing it. XD
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 9:27 pm

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 Tumblr_n7v90nPsTb1rw9ny4o1_500

This meme never gets old.

And now my thoughts on the premier, which was the first three episodes of season 3. Spoilers below.

-First of all, it really looks like Korra's character is on the road to recovery. When she climbs the bridge to talk to the guy who is HIGHLY distressed over his sudden ability to airbend, she's so calm and willing to talk it out with him. She didn't try to forcibly pull him down or yell at him. Then again he didn't really do anything to anger her. Her main problem is being really stubborn and rash, and this was a step in the right direction.

-Also, the guy asked Korra if he could remove her bending and she said she couldn't. Has she not learned that Lion Turtle technique? She used it to restore people's bending after the Amon fiasco. I always assumed the avatar would be able to use that technique to grant people a bending art.

-Asami and Korra time! <3 In general it's nice to see them together, but I'm most happy about it because Asami is finally becoming her own character, rather than just "that hot girl who likes Mako". Both of these characters have been railroaded by a crappy love triangle for far too long and it's nice to see them moving past that.

-One thing that has the fandom kind of irked is the fact that Bumi is among the new airbenders. They feel that it kind of messes with his characterization. "This guy has had insecurities about not being a bender, let's make him one!" I'm mostly okay with it, but I kind of wish he would have been made an earthbender instead, cause of who he's named after.

-It seems like they were trying to make Mako the biggest loser on the planet. The guy lives under his desk at the police station, he's the only one who is still awkward around Korra and Asami, and Korra ends up having quite a bit of fun at his expense during that performance.

-And now comes my only real problem with the premier. I have to question at what point Tenzin and Korra thought that they could just waltz into someone's house and say "You're going to leave your family and become an air nomad because you've been given airbending and its your responsibility to be a part of our cause." I know that being desperate to revive the air nomad culture is part of Tenzin's character but come on!

Vegetarian diet? Having to shave your head and get arrow tattoos? How could anyone NOT turn that down? Being best friends with a giant flying bison sounds nice, but those tats are only cool when they glow.

And what's the story with the Air Acolytes? Why can't the family members just become those?

-I'm kind of mad at myself. I got suckered by Kai's cuteness just like Bolin and the others. By the time he's parading around Ba Sing Se, stealing from people, he wasn't cute anymore. And of course we can't go ten minutes without some kind of romance, so he and Jinora get all blushy around each other.

-The four new villains are interesting, but the main guy who can airbend sounds like a villain from a bad anime dub. I'm most interested in the one we haven't really seen, Sparky Sparky Boom Woman, because we knew so little about the last person who used that ability.

Also why do all the villains target the avatar? Amon wanted to replace the avatar as humanity's savior, Unalaq wanted to replace the avatar and usher in a new era of darkness, and now these guys have something against the avatar.

-ZUKO. I wasn't expecting him to be voiced by Dante Basco (particularly since his grandson already is) but it was still nice to see him. Some factions of the fandom are upset that he's getting to be active in the plot, but not Katara (where was she during the civil war?).

-Why are all the world leaders in this series awful? 
The Republic Council (Tenzin aside) was a bunch of incompetent morons and the secondary main villain.
The Chief of the Northern Water Tribe is easily the most despicable character so far. 
President Raikou (Yes that was deliberate) started out as a jerkish but understandable character, but blaming Korra for the vines and kicking her out of the city? No sympathy for you.
And now the Earth Queen is quickly working her way toward second most hate-able character. 

You know the world is in sorry shape when the name FIRE LORD is the least threatening or despicable among world leaders. We haven't really met her though, but she's Zuko's daughter so..

-It took me forever to figure out why the fruit merchant's son sounded familiar. He's voiced by the guy who voiced Kevin on Ben 10 Alien Force.
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 11:31 pm

I was really confused by Tenzin and Korra's methods as well. I can see Tenzin being blinded by the vision of rebuilding a culture, but I still would expect him to be smarter than that.  I literally shook my head and said "Tenzin, you can't do that to people."  If anything, they should have offered to train those people and then let them make lifestyle decisions later. Each on of those people still need help with control.  I don't think letting them be air acolytes would work. I thought the air acolytes followed the same lifestyle traditions as the Air Nomads (other than gender separation) while not being able to airbend.

My first thought on Kai was that he was cute (in a cute little kid way of course), but I was pretty sure he was going to continue stealing. There was no evidence that he was trustworthy.  I was more surprised Mako wasn't watching him like a hawk when they landed.  He made such a big deal of telling Kai he knew how he thinks.

I agree about the main villain's voice.  It doesn't fit him.  It threw me off the first time I heard it.  I do like that we're getting four villains with different elements.  If done correctly, it could be like facing another avatar.  They seem like they work really well together, so they could be pretty threatening.  

I was happy to see Zuko.  We knew he was still alive, so seeing him ride off on a dragon was pretty fun.  It would be nice to see Katara get involved as well since she's a strong bender, but I wonder if she really wants to be involved.  She helped save the world and trained two avatars in her lifetime, one of them being her husband. It's not an indication of weakness if she wants to sit this one out and let the younger generation take care of it.  True, she should have probably been more present during the civil war, but for all we know, she could have been helping off-screen.  Not the best argument, but possible.

I don't have much of a comment on the world leaders.  Corruption seems to be really high.  I'm not really surprised the Fire Nation seems to be ok.  Zuko grew up the son of a terrible leader.  He and Mai probably made sure the Fire Nation was left in good hands as a result.  Plus, he's still alive and potentially available if his daughter needs help.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 12:26 am

Legend of Korra in general can basically be summed up like.

"In the previous series the Fire Nation was the bad guys, so let's make every other nation terrible too!"
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 5:45 pm

Yeah, pretty much.  It doesn't really bother me at this point, though.  I'd be more worried if all the world leaders were model citizens.  The world's more likely to be filled with corruption than perfection, so having a bunch of terrible leaders feels more realistic to me even if they're overdoing it.  Still, if done well, it would be nice to just have the four new villains threatening every nation and bringing the nations together rather than having them and a bunch of corrupt leaders at the same time.  

I can't remember, is this book only 12 episodes like the previous ones?
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Thirteen episodes to be exact, but that's still around the same ball-park as the other two books.

It would be nice if the seasons were longer. 

I've always said that one of the things that most hurt the first season of Legend of Korra was the show's length. They had too much going on for too little episodes. They introduce Tahno as this really hyped up rival guy, only for him to get de-bended by Amon the following episode, and then we only see him one more time after that. Really a loss of potential.

Same goes for that ONE MOMENT in episode 7 I believe it was, where Korra confronts Tarrlok. She sees for herself that non-benders are indeed being oppressed... and that's it. That's the end of that. And don't even get me started on the first season's finale.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 11:30 am

THIS POST LISTS SPOILERS FROM UP TO EPISODE 7!!ONE1111

I'm honestly amazed how well-behaved Korra is this season. I guess it's because aside from the Earth Queen and President Raikou (Pokemon reflex) nothing has really caused her problems. She's not getting into romantic drama, her home tribe isn't dealing with a civil war. I actually like her again for the fourth time.

Kai is shaping up, but as we've seen in the very latest episode he's still kind of a pain in the neck, and a bad influence on Jinora. And on that subject.... Ahem.

DEAR LEGEND OF KORRA WRITERS. Can we PLEASE go five minutes without shipping something? First Kai and Jinora, now Bolin and Opal. At least that last one isn't causing any problems like the Korra-Mako-Asami thing or the Bolin-Eska thing.

It's funny, I was actually questioning DURING THE EPISODE, how Lin got her scars. I realized it had been quite a while into the show and they still hadn't answered that. Needless to say they delivered. GOD Suyin was such a brat back then. Her snotty, nasally voice certainly amplified that. She's okay now though.

One subject that had actually occurred to me was "Would they really have Jinora and Ikki shave their heads?" Because as we've seen. female Air Nomads have quite a bit of forehead exposure, enough to prominently display the arrow. I can't imagine there being a gap in the arrow, so they would probably have to shave the whole thing at first.

Tenzin did say this week that shaving one's head is a lifestyle CHOICE (That poor guy who can't control his airbending XD), but again, when it comes time for the arrow...

I just have this thought in my head that the writers wouldn't want to shave Jinora's head because it might make her... *gasp* Physically unattractive!

Also also! Baby Sky Bison!

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 Tumblr_n8xujvgAEs1rdfsmyo2_500

And our villains are still a complete mystery, but then again that's how it has always been with this series.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 12:19 pm

Well Guys, it's that time at last. Time for me to officially disown Nickelodeon. Because they've finally done it. They're booting Legend of Korra out. The only saving grace is that the creators care enough to move it to digital.

I can't help but think this is entirely their fault considering they barely advertise the show and they air it on the Friday Night Death Slot. And of course they never air reruns of it. Oh but if there's a new Spongebob special you're gonna see it five times after it first airs.

I can no longer have respect for a network that continuously screws over good shows like Avatar/Korra, but goes to great lengths to keep crap like THIS on the air.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 5:46 pm

WHAT!?

So what they're having Korra on their website only now?
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 6:24 pm

From the mouth of the creator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next