Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Deaf Magical Girl Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Deaf Magical Girl Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Deaf Magical Girl Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Deaf Magical Girl Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Deaf Magical Girl Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Deaf Magical Girl Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Deaf Magical Girl Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Deaf Magical Girl Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Deaf Magical Girl Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Deaf Magical Girl Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Deaf Magical Girl

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silent_Magical_Girl
Civilian
Silent_Magical_Girl
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 48

Deaf Magical Girl Empty
PostSubject: Deaf Magical Girl   Deaf Magical Girl EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 3:03 pm

I would love to create a magical girl character with chronic condition, especially with deafness. Of course, it would not be magically cured.

Actually, I recently have been working on the concept for few weeks, so magical girl costume design can be so troublesome, mostly with weapon/magical item. I am sure the concept will be so interesting for a story, right? l really love to see how the deaf magical girl is being mute and make magic out of fingerspelling or American sign language! What about communicating with other people and villains? Oh, aren’t there  many deaf characters in fiction out who read lips, right? It sounds bit too simple for me, but any deaf person has rights to choose to learn read lips or not. I love to see how the deaf magical girl can do without lip-reading or speech ability. Oh man, now that’s challenge for a deaf magical girl who saves the day, right?

Oh hey! Since I made a joke about a deaf magical gir not long ago, I still can't stop laughing. I would love to share the joke with you guys. Imagine yourself becoming a deaf magical girl, but what if your city eventually discovers you were a deaf heroine, so maybe police or someone else will search for for every deaf person in similar appearance and age? It likely be not too hard to search for a deaf person in a tiny town like mine. What if your hearing friend reads a newspaper with a picture of yourself in the heroine form and it titled "the deaf heroine saved the day!" They give you a stare. Then they ask you "are you the person?" just because of your deanfess, pffft.  Your deaf friends look at each each and wonder anxiously if one of them were the heroine. How can you dodge these situations with this vital evidence?? It is too funny and I should make a short comic based on the joke.

Hopefully I finish the design and color for the magical girl soon... Head desk Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

Deaf Magical Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deaf Magical Girl   Deaf Magical Girl EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 4:38 pm

I think it'd be interesting if she had either sound based attacks (like high-pitched sound waves that don't affect her because she can't hear them) OR have villains that used Sound as their weapon - and that's why a Deaf magical girl would be a worthy opponent for them

I feel like this could be an interesting thing to explore and since comics are a silent medium anyway, you could really use that to your advantage to get a point across.
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Silent_Magical_Girl
Civilian
Silent_Magical_Girl
Civilian

Deaf Magical Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deaf Magical Girl   Deaf Magical Girl EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 2:42 am

It sounds so painful for any hearing villain, like the guys from Melody Mermaid. I guess villains using sounds may be useful for the proof of the magical girl's deafness at the first battle, or second one.

Do you know Toph the blind character from Avatar: the Last Airbender? As a deaf person, I understand how Toph feels about sensing the ground to find directions because I can feel sounds from the ground. For example, one day I was in empty classroom and quickly noticed there were metal-like dragging from far-away, so I checked the next room and found out a teacher dragged some student desks. For another example, I caught my dad before he playfully jumps on me because I felt clearly his footsteps behind my back. Am I truly an earthbender like Toph?? Maybe! So a deaf magical girl likely can feel sounds from villain's sound based attack or explosions. Honestly, I feel the "sound" themed villains are not much interesting to the deaf audience for some reasons...? I am not sure about it, but thanks for your thoughts. :D

Yes, yes, that's why my dream is to make a graphic novel or comic series. For many, many years, I still want to create a graphic novel based on my original magical girl character I created from my childhood.
Back to top Go down
Beat
Hostess
Beat
Hostess

Coffee Beans : 715

Deaf Magical Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deaf Magical Girl   Deaf Magical Girl EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 12:37 pm

An interesting concept indeed, the idea is pretty good and believe me, Sound skillz are mad skillz, I have a "villain" who plays beautiful music and he's pretty hard to fight due to sound being so lethal. One of the things you could do is have her being something like a Maestra, she plays beautiful sound so everyone can hear not only the music but the inside of her heart.

For the skill set, you could use various rythms and movements in music, Fortissimo for example means the tone goes up, there you could get a skill to make the tone of the girl go up to eleven and even a song to stop fighting as it could deprive the target from all agression, just giving random examples for attacks. As you yourself said, the sensens heighthen to higher levels, some of the enemies could move so fast, yet she could remain calm as when they move, they give out small air currents she can sense, also the vibration of their feet at moving. Not villains with sound, but enemis of all kinds! Believe me it is much more fun to fight in unpredictable circumstances and against all type of enemies, than just sound ones.

Or, you could base yourself on a celestial object, not precisely a la sailor moon, but I see you love stars a lot so you could base your skills on stars themselves. Aldebaran is the brightest star in the Taurus constellation, as such, you could gain a light attack after Hoshi uses it. Many chinese constellations, are based on fire, so by using one of them you could gain burning attacks etc. It really depends on the motiff you want.

Hope you continue to update with more progress. Read you later.
Back to top Go down
sailorpandabear
Love Interest
sailorpandabear
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 259

Deaf Magical Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deaf Magical Girl   Deaf Magical Girl EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 6:38 pm

it sounds very intriguing in a good way. Go and do it. I am sure that you can achieve your comic!
Back to top Go down
tanyao
Civilian
tanyao
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 20

Deaf Magical Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deaf Magical Girl   Deaf Magical Girl EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:21 pm

Telepathy could be used somewhere in the story. The weaker villains might be confused when they first meet her, as they don't know how to communicate (how can they give their evil speeches to the heroine now?!). But the more powerful villains could just use their magic to imprint feelings into her brain, which she would understand.

It could be a pretty scary moment for her. After facing bad guys who couldn't do much to taunt her, suddenly being attacked by negative emotions like that would be shocking.
Back to top Go down
Silent_Magical_Girl
Civilian
Silent_Magical_Girl
Civilian

Deaf Magical Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deaf Magical Girl   Deaf Magical Girl EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 4:21 am

Thank you so much for the latest comments. Sorry for not replying earlier, but better than nothing.

I am trying to go back work on the concept, so I am finally a little determined again about it.

Telepathy used by powerful villain' magic, eh? Oh man, you are scaring me as a mute girl, but I am loving this idea.

About communicating. . . I was thinking of the deaf magical girl using a pair of glasses that can show subtitles in real time, but it should be limited. The glasses is almost like Sailor Mercury's blue glasses. Of course, the deaf girl is still mute and try to do American sign language with her teammates.

For fun fact, years ago my friend and I made a comic together about us having an adventure with Doctor from Doctor Who. It was mostly for all the fun. In the comic, I speak some ASL and write down notepad to communicate with other characters. Even Doctor could speak ASL and English at same time because of TARDIS' translation circuit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deaf Magical Girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deaf Magical Girl   Deaf Magical Girl Empty

Back to top Go down

Deaf Magical Girl

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1