Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? Empty
PostSubject: Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl?   Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:41 am

Ah/Oh My Goddess is probably the first example that comes to mind when one thinks of the Magical Girlfriend concept. An ordinary guy romantically entangled with a supernaturally powerful girl, having to deal with the quirks that come with her existence, like meddling supernatural siblings or the girlfriend's affinity with ghosts causing mayhem around the house.

I had a thought. What if this concept was combined with our own Mahou Shoujo?

Our awkward teenage protagonist deals with the hardships of dating a Magical Girl. From the mundane like having dates cut short so the girlfriend can go fight evil by moonlight, to the more crazy like the villain of the week blowing a hole in the protagonist's house and summoning giant squids while his girlfriend shoots sparkling hyper beams that destroy everything in sight.

The protagonist might have to deal with the emotional dilemma of watching his cherished sweetie run off to deal with life threatening dangers, while he himself is just a powerless bystander, or worse, a target.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl?   Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:57 am

Well in way that fits Tuxedo Mask in Sailor Moon. Yes he thought with the girls, but he was really helpless. This was brought up in the manga only though.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl?   Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:57 am

I actually like this idea.
"My Magical Girlfriend" I find this funny, i mean really funny.
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl?   Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 6:42 pm

I know there a few magical girl harem shows out there (Happiness! and Eikyuu Alice Rondo for example) but none of them really use the tropes to the story's advantage they just have a bunch of ladies falling for some dude and they just happen to use magic.

UFO Princess Valkyrie is probably the closest thing to what you're describing but that might be stretching it a little.

In any case, I'd be happy if there was a magical girlfriend show that used a warrior-style magical girl and, you know, actually use the tropes their basing the character off of aside from just "transformations" 

PS - please dont watch any of the shows I just mentioned unless you like feeling disgusted.
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
mysteryloveandjustice
Magical Girl
mysteryloveandjustice
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 297

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl?   Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:10 pm

There's actually a movie that's kinda like what your talking about called My Super Ex-Girlfriend xD She tries to keep the fact that she's a superhero hidden from him for a while but it's the same basic principle and its hilarious xD
Back to top Go down
http://angstyotps.tumblr.com
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl?   Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Hey there i like UFO Valkyrie! I have nearly all of it too!
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl?   Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:10 pm

Utena wrote:
Hey there i like UFO Valkyrie! I have nearly all of it too!
I'm sorry! That's cool that you like it!
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl?   Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:14 pm

I think it's cute and funny! sorry but I love older cheesy shows like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl?   Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl? Empty

Back to top Go down

Magical Girlfriend as a Magical Girl?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1