Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Earth Girl Arjuna Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Earth Girl Arjuna Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Earth Girl Arjuna Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Earth Girl Arjuna Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Earth Girl Arjuna Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Earth Girl Arjuna Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Earth Girl Arjuna Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Earth Girl Arjuna Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Earth Girl Arjuna Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Earth Girl Arjuna Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Earth Girl Arjuna

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

Earth Girl Arjuna Empty
PostSubject: Earth Girl Arjuna   Earth Girl Arjuna EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 2:04 am

Bought the DVDs for this show with some Christmas money, finally getting around to watching it and it's pretty neat
Earth Girl Arjuna Arjuna_(2001)
Made in 2001, created by Shoji Kawamori (Macross, Escaflowne, and....Animal Detective Kiruminzoo?), music by Yoko Kanno and animation production by Satelight

Story from ANN Encyclopedia: "Juna was just an ordinary high-school girl, right up until the day she died in a motorcycle accident. But there, in the twilight of death, she saw the future of the barren earth destroyed by the Raaja, and was offered a second chance at life if she would stop them. Now she must learn to cast aside her thoughtlessly destructive ways and face her destiny as the Avatar of Time, the one being who can decide the fate of the planet."

It's artsy and unique. I'm two episodes in and I can tell that it takes itself very seriously. I've heard the criticism that it's really "preachy" with its environmentalism message. But I tend to agree with a lot of 'Green' practices, (I just don't do them as much as I'd like ^^; ). Some say it even goes over the top or too far - but I guess I'll just see that when I get there. 

So far I'm enjoying it and I'm interested in where it'll go
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Earth Girl Arjuna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth Girl Arjuna   Earth Girl Arjuna EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 2:20 pm

I just finished episode 7. Still really enjoying it, there's nothing really out there like it from what I've seen.

I've gotten to the show's infamous "burger episode" where Juna hears the "cries of the food" when she tries to eat a fast food burger, and is unable to eat it because her Earth-hearing powers include experiencing what happened to create the burger (deforestation, feeding the cows chemicals, etc.) and anything else that she touches with all of her senses. Its pretty rough on her and its really interesting that the show takes the "magical girl trying to stay normal while dealing with magical powers" to a whole new level

I can understand why people say its "preachy" as it openly condemns a lot of 1st world commodities and practices. And frankly I've started to hate that word when it comes to describing anything that isn't pure escapism. -Arjuna is a show that knows exactly what it wants to say and isn't beating around the bush. I think its good to listen to some (well-meaning) extremist views once in a while. It helps challenge your own ideals and lets you think about the choices in your life.

The good thing about Arjuna though, is that it creates a plot that makes you want to keep watching to find out what happens to Juna and the other characters, so the show can say what it wants while still providing solid entertainment.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Earth Girl Arjuna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth Girl Arjuna   Earth Girl Arjuna EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 3:06 pm

My journey with Arjuna is done. Kindof a lackluster ending compared to all of the visuals in previous episodes. But still a bittersweet yet uplifting conclusion.

I feel like there could've been more focus on the environmentalist stuff than other issues it tried to tackle. For instance, there's an uncomfortable anti-abortion episode and has other pro-natural birth messages. Considering the other messages in this show, I'm not surprised at this stance at all (the whole, fetuses have souls at conception thing especially) its just kind of unnecessarily ballsy

But I guess if you can't make gutsy statements in an environmentalist show, then when can you?

Glad I watched it all in all. 
Also probably needs to be added to that list of "dark shows pre-PMMM" since ya know...ALL of Japan faces an environmental apocalypse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Earth Girl Arjuna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earth Girl Arjuna   Earth Girl Arjuna Empty

Back to top Go down

Earth Girl Arjuna

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1