Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

I want a Magical Girl...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lilith Quinzet
Civilian
Lilith Quinzet
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 534

I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want a Magical Girl...   I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 9:53 pm

RLinksoul wrote:
Watching Aikatsu gave me an idea!

In the show the characters use these cards that contain their outfits through some unspecified magic or something.

I thought it would be nifty if this idea was used in an actual magical girl show, but rather than do the outfit swapping thing from Happiness Charge, the cards would have different pieces of magical girl costumes.

Tiara cards, skirt cards, shoes, and such. Each of which has different abilities.

A top that produces a barrier.

Boots that make the wearer lighter than air.

A tiara that can produce a brilliant flash to blind opponents.

The possibilities are endless, and the characters would swap these cards around and create different combinations of abilities. 

Once they get used to them, they could co-ordinate the outfits so that the different powers play off of each other, like... the tiara shoots beams of ice and the boots lets the wearer move across fragile surfaces... like ice.

Lilith knows about it. Lilith has a friend who created a story like that, with cards that do diferent stuff, not only form changes. In fact, he said the girl only has one fighting form and the rest of her powers are card enabled.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: I want a Magical Girl...   I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Ya know.

I'm probably stating the most obvious thing ever, but I've noticed that a lot of times a magical girl who is part of a martial artist club will have a noticeably tough or tomboyish personality. Itsuki from Heartcatch is a noteworthy example but also a special example, as Itsuki is pretty tomboyish but has a hidden girly side.

I would love to see a magical girl protagonist who has a personality completely non-tomboyish, like Miyuki from Smile Precure, who is part of a martial arts school club. She's cutesy and loves stuffed animals but if you mess with her friends she'll flip you over a table with one hand. 

Kendo is a thing we often see as a school club but I've never seen a magical girl character as a practitioner outside of Makeruna! Makendo. It'd be even better if this extended to their transformation item or fighting style. We've had magical girls who battle with swords, but never in the Kendo style.

Suddenly I'm imagining a magical girl pro-wrestler. Purifying the monster of the week via sparkling explosive suplex.
Back to top Go down
Serenity Magica
Civilian
Serenity Magica
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 45

PostSubject: Re: I want a Magical Girl...   I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:56 pm

The closest thing that I can think of is Mako from SM. she isn't in a martial arts club, but she does fight white a bit, despite being very girly
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: I want a Magical Girl...   I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:08 pm

I always saw Makoto as more on the tomboyish side. Apparently she uses the "Boku" pronoun which is typical of boys or tomboyish characters. Maybe it's not so cut and dry with her because she does have a lot of girly aspects, so she's a bit like the Itsuki from Heartcatch example above. Tough and boyish on the outside, a skilled fighter, but also has an inner fondness for cute and girly things.
Back to top Go down
Serenity Magica
Civilian
Serenity Magica
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 45

PostSubject: Re: I want a Magical Girl...   I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 8:39 pm

I didn't know about the pronoun thing. Considering the amount of anime I watched growing up I know pretty little of Japanese culture.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 93

PostSubject: Re: I want a Magical Girl...   I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 7:50 pm

I want a mahou shoujo series where they wear pants instead of skirts. Other that that I don't care.
Back to top Go down
tanyao
Civilian
tanyao
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 20

PostSubject: Re: I want a Magical Girl...   I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 2:08 am

One idea I have is a story where the protagonist isn't actually the magical girl. Instead, it's a detective. He or she goes after the most diabolical criminal masterminds. But before he or she stops them, they're always beaten down by young girl, who seems to have magic powers. Maybe she even saves his or her life a few times. Eventually, the detective tries to both stop these criminals, but also discover who the magical girl is.

Saint Tail is somewhat similar. But in this story, the magical girl would not be a thief, and would not be wanted by the police. I'm not sure if it would be as appealing as a regular magical girl story, though, because the main character isn't the magical girl in question.

BunnyBelle wrote:
I'd also be really interested in a magical girl who is more native or south american influenced. there's so much interesting mythology, it'd be nice to see it be used more often
I'd love to see a Native American magical girl. Maybe the last descendant of the Anasazi tribe is a young girl, and she must fight the reawakened ancient spirit that cursed her ancestors long ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want a Magical Girl...   I want a Magical Girl... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I want a Magical Girl...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2