Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
What characters do you ship? - Page 3 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
What characters do you ship? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
What characters do you ship? - Page 3 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
What characters do you ship? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
What characters do you ship? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
What characters do you ship? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
What characters do you ship? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
What characters do you ship? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
What characters do you ship? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
What characters do you ship? - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

What characters do you ship?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Roo
Civilian

Civilian

Coffee Beans : 500

What characters do you ship? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What characters do you ship?   What characters do you ship? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:25 pm

My choices of pairings have changed a lot as I've grown up, but somehow I still feel pretty passionately about a lot of them, even if I don't really participate in the fandom anymore.

Astonishingly, I'm also not supportive of a few of the major fan-favourite ships o_o But I'll say this now, most of the ones I like are the ones I think 'work' or are realistic, and could have happened in canon. With a few choice exceptions. I acknowledge that people write excellent fics about ones I don't care for, and that some are just plain fun :D

Pairings I love

KishxIchigo - Kinda the reason I fell in love with the series. It's a shame that it wasn't truly explored in the anime or manga. There was so much potential for an interesting dynamic and a plot that took a serious look at the alien's side of the war. For it to work, a lot of exploration of eachother's personality would have to take place. However, don't get me wrong, as it stands it's not a particularly healthy pairing. Kish has some bad tendancies, the stalking and borderline molestation, which he would have to stop. I've always believed he had the capacity to change, and that most of this behaviour came from being very messed up and confused... but I might be kidding myself.

ZakuroxKeiichiro - I wrote a fic about this for a contest and... umm, well. Now I really like it now :x

PuddingxTaruto

Pairings I'm mehhh about

IchigoxMasaya - No where nearrr as bad as people make out. It's a sweet pairing and it does work, but it's just not particularly interesting.

RyouxIchigo - Their banter tends to be fun? In the end, though, I think Ryou is too... uh, mean for me to really like the pairing. I feel like Ichigo would end up feeling on edge all the time. But I know Ryou has affections for her so... heh.

RyouxLettuce - I used to really like this ship. These days, I can't work out whether Ryou would be good for her (and vice versa) or not. It could go either way. However, I do think that it could work, with Lettuce being a calming influence on Ryou and Ryou being a 'confidence booster' (in terms of telling her she's doing fine, and not taking it when she's being unneededly submissive) that could help Lettuce grow.

ZakuroxMint - It's ok. But I can't help but feel that Mint is battling for affection from Zakuro when Zakuro doesn't really return it.

ZakuroxPai - They'd be the sorta couple that have a mutual understanding of one another and do love eachother but don't do public affection or overt displays of love.

Pairings I really can't see

LettucexPai - I know, I know. I've had several try to explain it, but I personally don't see it. To me, Lettuce is a vulnerable girl who is unsure of herself, and she would need an understanding guy who could help build her confidence. Pai, on the other hand, shows little compassion (especially in the Manga where he remains unredeemed, I believe) and comes across to me as emotionally unavailable. When I think of this pairing, all I can see is Lettuce desperately trying to understand Pai and Pai giving nothing or not knowing how to 'give' in return. This is based more off my relationship preferences. But yes, I know how it works in theory, it's just not for me.

Last edited by Roo on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: What characters do you ship?   What characters do you ship? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:44 pm

Oh I love your explanations! :D

To be honest I don't know why I ship PaixLettuce. I just think they're cute together. I know it's a lame reason, but people ship KisshuxMinto together because they have no one else.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
SeleneHime
Magical Girl
SeleneHime
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 560

PostSubject: Re: What characters do you ship?   What characters do you ship? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Roo~! *Tackle-glomps!* <3

Hehe, I do agree with Ami, though. Your explanations are interesting, and I definitely have to agree with your analysis on the Kisshu x Ichigo pairing.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: What characters do you ship?   What characters do you ship? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:08 pm

I also liked your outlook on KishxIchigo pairing. I still like to see some fluff with them though. :) I love little fluff moments from time to time. I feel like as the two learn about each other I feel like their relationship can become healthy. Ichigo will have to go through a lot hardship, but I feel she can handle it.
Back to top Go down
Apfelblüte
Civilian
Apfelblüte
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: What characters do you ship?   What characters do you ship? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Maybe she CAN. But I kind of feel she shouldn't.
It's not even me being protective of Ichigo, I don't even like her that much anymore, but something about seeing her having to handle Kisshu ticks me off personally.
I know that I used to ship Kishigo a whole lot, but by now I can't... not anymore.

I tolerate it, but...

And PaiRet could only work after anime final, I guess... They do have some canon development and they could probably work... I see them work easier than Kishigo, despite not shipping them either...
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: What characters do you ship?   What characters do you ship? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:11 pm

I feel like she could if she was a bet more mature and had an open mind.
Back to top Go down
Roo
Civilian

Civilian

PostSubject: Re: What characters do you ship?   What characters do you ship? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:08 am

Haha, no grudges to those who do ship PaixLettuce XD We all have our ships.

I'm glad ya like my analyses :3 I was trying not to write too much XD Had wayyy too many debates on KishxIchigo in my time. And yes, there has to be fluff. Part of the fun of KishxIchigo is their arguments and the surprising things Kish does to embarrass Ichigo, take that out and the ship isn't half as good.

Apfel, I really can't blame you for feeling like that. I feel a degree of that too. If this was real life, I'd probably be advising Ichigo away from Kish. Kish would only win through if he was POINTEDLY trying to change his own behaviour. But somehow I still support the ship >.> I just like the dynamic too much.
Back to top Go down
Apfelblüte
Civilian
Apfelblüte
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: What characters do you ship?   What characters do you ship? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Haha, I don't blame you for supporting it. I usually like supporting destructive ships, but I guess my own history with this one ruined it for me XD

Also I sound like a total hypocrite, seeing my personal Kisshu OTP includes him with a mentally scarred, inferiority-complex suffering, traumatized 12-year-old-boy. Uhm.

And interesting but potentially quite but not really fully unhealthy dynamics are amazing. *points to DeepAo*
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: What characters do you ship?   What characters do you ship? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:18 pm

It's so nice to analyze all of the ships! :D And this is a children's anime/manga. XD
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Magical Girl
SeleneHime
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 560

PostSubject: Re: What characters do you ship?   What characters do you ship? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Likewise! Even if the ships aren't technically healthy throughout the entire thing, they're very interesting to theorize and read/write about (*coughObsidianSapphirecough* Will explain if you want).
Back to top Go down
CherryChan
Civilian
CherryChan
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 62

PostSubject: Re: What characters do you ship?   What characters do you ship? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:06 am

Mostly just Kishigo (which was the reason i started watching the series)
Back to top Go down
http://harlequin-doll.tumblr.com
Sakuranbo
Best Friend

Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 142

PostSubject: Re: What characters do you ship?   What characters do you ship? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2018 11:11 pm

I ship Masaya and Ichigo because they are the canon couple and they look so cute together!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What characters do you ship?   What characters do you ship? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What characters do you ship?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3