Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Magical Girl Crowd Control Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Magical Girl Crowd Control Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Magical Girl Crowd Control Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Magical Girl Crowd Control Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Magical Girl Crowd Control Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Magical Girl Crowd Control Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Magical Girl Crowd Control Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Magical Girl Crowd Control Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Magical Girl Crowd Control Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Magical Girl Crowd Control Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Magical Girl Crowd Control

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Magical Girl Crowd Control Empty
PostSubject: Magical Girl Crowd Control   Magical Girl Crowd Control EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:41 pm

One thing I've noticed about Magical Girl shows such as Sailor Moon and Heartcatch Precure is that whenever a monster attacks, unless the main characters are among a crowd of people... there's never a crowd of people.

The monsters typically attack in isolated areas where only one or two people are around. No matter how much screaming and damage happens it never seems to attack anyone's attention but the Magical Girls themselves, who recognize the voice of the victim and come running.

Near the middle of Pretty Sammy, our hero is captured by her nemesis and a squadron of powerful enemies. The friggin military is called in to try and save her. You'd think that in any normal battle against a ten foot tall hair brush, the police would show up at least.

Yes Precure 5 has been getting really silly about this. First the villain and the lead girl make a ton of noise in an otherwise empty library, and the two girls who are admittedly far away don't really hear anything except some rumbling.

Then another villain attacks in the middle of a grocery store full of customers, and suddenly the store is empty except for the villain the and Cures.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Crowd Control   Magical Girl Crowd Control EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 9:41 pm

Well of course! It's like in CCS where no people are around when a giant bird is flying over Tokyo. XD
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2819

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Crowd Control   Magical Girl Crowd Control EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Yep.  It'd be too inconvenient if people noticed these things. Imagine how much trouble Sakura might have had if every person in the area was as observant as Tomoyo, for example.

Crowds, on the other hand, are usually panicked and disorganized; leading to a golden opportunity for the main characters to sneak away.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Crowd Control   Magical Girl Crowd Control EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Miakemi wrote:
Yep.  It'd be too inconvenient if people noticed these things. Imagine how much trouble Sakura might have had if every person in the area was as observant as Tomoyo, for example.
That would make things more interesting actually. The protagonists having to deal with the police showing up at the scene of a monster attack. Bonus points if the police suspect the protagonists are anything but the holy defenders of justice.
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2819

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Crowd Control   Magical Girl Crowd Control EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 11:46 am

RLinksoul wrote:
Miakemi wrote:
That would make things more interesting actually. The protagonists having to deal with the police showing up at the scene of a monster attack. Bonus points if the police suspect the protagonists are anything but the holy defenders of justice.
I agree it could be more interesting, but it's also a great way to write oneself into a corner.  I like trying to put reveal fanfics together in my head, but I'm just not skilled enough as a writer to make it work out well.  Instead, I end up making something more boring and convoluted than I'd like it to be.

It's probably too much trouble for many writers to include while still having the story flow the way they want it to.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Crowd Control   Magical Girl Crowd Control EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:20 pm

It would be neat to have a magical girl series where the police didnt trust the girls. It would be like Batman, you know? Yeah Gordon trusts Batman, but the other police offers dont like him because he's bringing the law into his own hands. Grant it the girls would need to be fighting criminals rather than monsters.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Lilith Quinzet
Civilian
Lilith Quinzet
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 534

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Crowd Control   Magical Girl Crowd Control EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Mew Ami wrote:
It would be neat to have a magical girl series where the police didnt trust the girls. It would be like Batman, you know? Yeah Gordon trusts Batman, but the other police offers dont like him because he's bringing the law into his own hands. Grant it the girls would need to be fighting criminals rather than monsters.
What if there's a police force set on being already fighting the creatures the Magical Girl face? Or that the Magical Girls have to keep secret their fight, probably getting it disguised as simple vigilantism.
Back to top Go down
ZodiacRain
Civilian

Civilian

Coffee Beans : 6

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Crowd Control   Magical Girl Crowd Control EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 6:27 pm

Sorry for bumping an old thread!

About Card Captor Sakura: in the second half of the manga, Sakura realized during the final battle how weird it was that there was nobody in Tokyo Tower, and that there had been nobody around during her previous battles. The "antagonist" explained he was using his magic to prevent other people from arriving at the battle scenes. I thought it was a pretty clever way to deal with the predicament. I don't remember enough of the anime to recall if it had a similar explanation.

And as for the Magical Girl vs Police Officers, there's actually a webcomic that plays with that idea.
Back to top Go down
Chopstickman
Love Interest
Chopstickman
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 155

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Crowd Control   Magical Girl Crowd Control EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 2:25 am

A number of titles have fights take place in an alternate space; typically created by the enemy's presence or even the majokko herself. But the real reason is ease of animation. Backgrounds are much easier to handle than crowds.

Last edited by Chopstickman on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Crowd Control   Magical Girl Crowd Control EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 2:14 pm

I've come to the point where I don't even notice crowd control unless they specifically mention it. I think it kinda adds to the mystery. Like in CCS where they address it, it actually took me out of the story and have CLAMP simply say "a wizard did it"
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Crowd Control   Magical Girl Crowd Control Empty

Back to top Go down

Magical Girl Crowd Control

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1