Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Love Live - School Idol Project  Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Love Live - School Idol Project  Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Love Live - School Idol Project  Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Love Live - School Idol Project  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Love Live - School Idol Project  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Love Live - School Idol Project  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Love Live - School Idol Project  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Love Live - School Idol Project  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Love Live - School Idol Project  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Love Live - School Idol Project  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Love Live - School Idol Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mirai Shiraishi
Civilian
Mirai Shiraishi
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 137

Love Live - School Idol Project  Empty
PostSubject: Love Live - School Idol Project    Love Live - School Idol Project  EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 6:08 pm

Love Live - School Idol Project  56849l

MAL wrote:
Otonokizaka High School stands on the border of three cities: Akihabara—a pop culture mecca that's evolving by the minute; Kanda—a conservative, cultured city where history and tradition reign supreme; and Jinbo—a quiet area reserved for a more mature, sophisticated population. Amidst this culture clash, the school now faces closure due to the enrollment of fewer and fewer students.

With the school planning to close within three years, nine female students come together with one thing in mind—form a pop idol group to revive the school's popularity and keep it from shutting down. "In order to protect our beloved school, there's only one thing we can do... become pop stars!"

Their goal is simple: Become an overnight sensation and use their nationwide media exposure to promote their school and bring in a wave of new students to the ailing area. A simple but solid plan, they figure. Naturally, they're nervous and wonder if this plan can really succeed, but for better or worse their new journey has begun...

"All we can ask for is just a tiny bit of support from you. We truly believe that with your help, we can change the world around us. We will make our dreams come true!"

(Source: NIS America)

Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Love Live! School Idol Project    Love Live - School Idol Project  EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 7:38 pm

We talked about this anime in the idol thread, but I thought it would be nice if this series got its own thread (Ami was a bad admin and didn't look to see if there was an already existing topic! XD). So I have been thinking about watching this show, but after seeing a vendor at the recent con I went to selling Love Live CD's. I thought why not? Plus my friend bought of the CDs just have some music to listen. Plus she's going to watch the show as well. Might as well get into it?

Just finished the first episode. My thoughts:

I enjoyed it! The characters are fun and the music is good. It has the cliche let's save the school plot, but it feels different. Maybe because the girls are forming the club themselves and are trying to do it themselves. 

My only gripe is the transition between 2D to 3D in the songs. For the most part both mediums blend well together. But at times the 3D models look a bit off. Well at least the background models. Those bushes at the end of the episode look terrible. It's so easy for me to point out both forms. and I hate that. They need to have it so the viewer can never tell. You're suppose to bring me into to their reality. Don't break back to my reality. This is really a nipick and I understand why they used both 3D and 2D. It would be quite time consuming to animated everything in 2D for the dance scenes. At least it's better than SMC's 3D!!! The girls here don't look rubbery! XD

I can't wait to see more!
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Love Live - School Idol Project    Love Live - School Idol Project  EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 9:43 pm

Four episodes in!! I am officially hooked! I might finish season one tonight or get close to it. XD

I heard there will be an english dub:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-24/love-live-tv-anime-to-get-english-dub/.87483

This is from 2014 so I wonder when it will come out? I hope they pick good singers. It would be nice to hear these songs in English. I tend to zone out when listening to Japanese music and not read the lyrics. XD
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Love Live - School Idol Project    Love Live - School Idol Project  EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Finally done with the first season! 

I really enjoyed this show. I was worried that having nine characters would be a bit much, but everyone got decently fleshed out. I think my favorite has to be Nozomi. She's awesome! <3
Back to top Go down
Mirai Shiraishi
Civilian
Mirai Shiraishi
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 137

PostSubject: Re: Love Live - School Idol Project    Love Live - School Idol Project  EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 3:13 pm

Mew Ami wrote:
Finally done with the first season! 

I really enjoyed this show. I was worried that having nine characters would be a bit much, but everyone got decently fleshed out. I think my favorite has to be Nozomi. She's awesome! <3

you need to watch 2nd season!!!

My favorite is Nico nico ni!!! <3 she is so fun <3

Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Love Live - School Idol Project    Love Live - School Idol Project  EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 6:12 pm

I just started! I watched two episodes thus far.
Back to top Go down
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 159

PostSubject: Re: Love Live - School Idol Project    Love Live - School Idol Project  EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 7:52 am

NISA have revealed basically nothing about the English dub since they announced it in April. All we've known up to the this point is that it'll probably be done at Bang Zoom like NISA's dubs of Toradora and NagiAsu and that the songs will probably be left in Japanese.

But Tony Oliver mentioned in an interview, without revealing too much about the dub, that he would the one directing it. For those who don't know him he was the director on dubs such as Fate/Zero, Eureka Seven and Gurren Lagann. But I think what's most worth mentioning in this case is the fact that he directed the English dub of K-ON.

The K-ON dub is far from perfect, but in terms of 'cute girls doing cute things' you don't get much better than that. Plus I think the potential to screw up is a lot smaller in the case of Love Live. As long as they've got 9 capable actresses to play the main girls, it should go just fine. Admittedly I don't think I'll like it as much as the Japanese. But at the same time I'm just really glad that this show is getting a dub in the first place. Plus it could be worse. I don't even want to imagine what the result would be like if Sentai Filmworks got the show.

On another note, I saw the movie! It was so great I actually went to see it again when they had an encore session the next week. I honestly couldn't think of a better way to close off the story of μ's.
Back to top Go down
CureMewPeach
Civilian
CureMewPeach
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 552

PostSubject: Re: Love Live - School Idol Project    Love Live - School Idol Project  EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 10:11 am

I've seen both seasons and I absolutely love Love Live! It's definitely one of my favourite Anime!
I can't wait for the dub to come out! 
Nozomi is my favourite (we're so alike) and Haruka follows closely behind her :) I love Umi, too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love Live - School Idol Project    Love Live - School Idol Project  Empty

Back to top Go down

Love Live - School Idol Project

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1