Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Miraculous Ladybug

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug    Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 8:31 pm

No there is no censoring in the English dub what so ever. Probably due to the fact that Ladybug is a Western show. They keep the French writing untouch! They change some nicknames Chat uses, but they're still great. I like to mix the English nicknames and the French nicknames. Each dub has its own charm. 

I know some fans are upset that English dub uses Cat Noir, but honestly Black Cat would have sounded stupid. Cat Noir sounds like a superhero name.

Some fans hate the words evilize and de-evilize honestly I find it funny and adore those words. It makes this show cheesier. I mean come on people you have a kid dressed as cat running around saying puns. It's a superhero show! It's going to be cheesy! 

As for the episode order. Each episode is self contain so they can air it any order. However like you said you can clearly see some episodes should have aired before others. Like Animan for example. Marinette is an awkward sea turtle around Adrien, but previous episodes that aired showed her more confident around him. Yes there will be a origin episodes! They will be aired at the end of the season. Hawkdaddy (the creator) has confirmed this. I'm sure once season one is over the fandom will make a proper episode order. 

I really wish there was an order. I'm okay with origin episodes being later, but it would be nice to have some order.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug    Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 9:11 pm

The only thing I was concerned that they would censor is Chat Noir's flirtatiousness. He had a couple of comments that definitely struck me as "getting stuff past the radar". Like in The Bubbler, when he was stuck in a bubble with Ladybug. She said that she didn't want to be stuck in the bubble forever, and he wags her eyebrows at her suggestively. Laugh If something like that happened in a Japanese show, you could bet that it wouldn't be in the dub. But I guess being French does help these things. America has such a weird attitude towards Japan.

I actually would've liked the name Black Cat, but I was told that Marvel already has a character by that name. And we all know how Marvel is when it comes to copyright -- the people who dubbed this wouldn't have gotten away with using that name. So Cat Noir is fine too.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug    Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 9:16 pm

Ah I didn't know Black Cat was a superhero name already. I still think it sounds stupid. XD

Yeah they keep all the flirting.  Laugh
Back to top Go down
CureMewPeach
Civilian
CureMewPeach
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 552

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug    Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 3:23 pm

I LOVE Miraculous!

In the UK, the Engilish dub airs on Disney Channel :-)

Also, did you know that most of the English Dub voice actors also voice characters in Anime?

Marinette - Christina Vee (Sailor Mars and Homura from Puella Magi)
Adrien - Bryce Papenbrook (Eren from Attack on Titan)
Alya - Carrie Keranen (Mami from Puella Magi)
Hawk Moth - Keith Silverstein (Ulric, Brute and Racal from Glitter Force)
Tikki - Mela Lee (Shinku from Rozen Maiden)
Plagg - Max Mittleman (Kousei Arima from Your Lie in April)

Also, I remember Vic Mignonga in the Mummy episode.

So, actually, they're all Anime voicer actors :-)

As for the show itself, I absolutely love it so far. Although it's formative so far, I can't wait to see where it will eventually turn!
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug    Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 1:02 am

Just finished the first episode, the Bubbler one.

I'm currently unsure of what to think. Aside from the main two the characters range from cringey to bleh. Chloe and Adrien's father are pretty detestable. Their best friends are really lame and painful. Marinette's mom is funny though.

The voice acting on pretty much everyone except Marinette is pretty good. Ugh. Christina Vee., that explains it. 

The rest don't sound much like typical anime dubs voices, though I think the lip syncing might be a bit off. Could be that my 2002 dinosaur laptop can barely handle this anime, so I get frequent gaps and lagging despite having downloaded the mp4 onto it.

Not sure what to think of the villain, especially since literally nothing about him could be gleamed at this point. "Evilize" I've heard worse. XD

The Lucky Charm attack kinda reminds me of Magical Stage from Ojamajo Doremi, where it summons something that seems random at first, but actually ends up solving whatever situation it's needed for.

It's only the first episode so I won't judge, but I'm definitely not sold on the show yet. We'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2819

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug    Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 7:28 am

Eh, Bubbler's not the strongest episode, in my opinion. It does have some introductory qualities, but I like Stormy Weather as a first ep better. It feels more introductory, gives a better feel for the characters (in my opinion), and has more of an actiony feel that some people enjoy more than the Bubbler.  Also, Chloe will always be detestable.  She is there only to antagonize people.  She's the flattest character in the series for sure.  Everyone else gets fleshed out as it goes.

Syncing can be a little off at times.  The dub is pretty faithful to the French other than the difference in puns they decide to use.  It makes me wonder if mouth movement just wasn't the highest priority when dubbing. The dub also had a few quality issues on iTunes (where the rips are from) so that could be part of it.

Also, I would really suggest following this episode order http://trishmishtree.tumblr.com/unofficial-miraculous-guide  (without reading the spoiler text on the side) as best you can with only the dub episodes  for the most consistent experience.  The show supposedly has no set order, so each country has aired them differently.  Character interactions become an issue, at least for me, because of it.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the rest of the episodes, whether you watch all of them or decide to drop it. :)
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug    Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 3:36 pm

So according to TV Tropes, Nickelodeon's poor handling of this show (like many of its other imported shows) drove them to move it to Netflix instead.

Not sure how many there currently are, but 26 episodes are there, including the two Origins episodes.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug    Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 9:45 pm

And a Christmas special. Season 2 Will be this fall.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug    Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 10:23 pm

They have action figures??

I feel like I shouldn't be surprised, since super hero type stuff sells strongly in America, but the side of me that considers this a magical girl show is pretty surprised.

And unlike a lot of magical girl shows, they even made figures of the civilian forms. Heck, they even have one of Chloe.

Considering a show as great as Avatar didn't have figures of Toph and Katara, this is pretty big, imo.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug    Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 10:26 pm

They have a good chuck of merchandise for this show. My friend got her niece and nephew into the show. ML is a good mixture of magical girl and superhero. Also it helps that it's a girl and boy duo.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug    Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 7:31 pm

Haha, have you guys seen the Miraculous comic that came out? It's basically those old Tokyopop "cine-manga" with screenshots from the show pasted together to make comic pages. XD

Of course, I had to obtain some of it for my print magical girl collection. I got the Origins volume. I haven't read it yet, but man, some of the screenshots they used in the pages have some priceless faces. I'm going to have a hard time reading it without cracking up.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug    Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 7:34 pm

I haven't read it yet. I'm not impress with the art direction. lol
Back to top Go down
Sakuranbo
Best Friend

Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 142

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug    Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 2:12 pm

I have seen 3 seasons of Miraculous Ladybug and I like the series too. Now I just have to watch the 4th season and for some reason Miraculous Ladybug reminds me of a manga series that I read called Amazing Agent Luna, but the only difference is that Miraculous Ladybug is about superheroes while Amazing Agent Luna is about spies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug    Miraculous Ladybug  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miraculous Ladybug

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2