Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Zelda! - Page 7 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Zelda! - Page 7 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Zelda! - Page 7 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Zelda! - Page 7 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Zelda! - Page 7 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Zelda! - Page 7 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Zelda! - Page 7 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Zelda! - Page 7 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Zelda! - Page 7 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Zelda! - Page 7 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Zelda!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Zelda! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 9:08 pm

So I've been playing the Oracles games lately and I must say, they really don't get enough love.

I'm much more partial to Oracle of Ages, but Seasons deserves its merits. I'm much more of a puzzles fan than a combat fan, so Ages is my jam, so to speak. Plus I feel that Ages has a stronger story and structure to its events. A good example is how Seasons practically just gives you all five mystical seeds within the first two or three dungeons, while Ages has them either be story relevant or obtained by performing a task such as restoring Symmetry City or planting the scent sapling in the past.

The seed shooter you get in Ages has to be one of the niftiest items in the series. It's pretty much a pop-gun that can be fired in all eight directions, and the bullets bounce off walls. This allows for so many creative puzzle solutions and combat scenarios, like having to shoot a wall at an angle to have the seeds hit the boss from behind.

The Mermaid's Cave in Ages is also one of the most interesting dungeons in the series, as it requires you to jump back and forth between past and present, with things you do in the past affecting the dungeon in the present.

I also really like Maple, and the mechanic with her. It feels sort of wrong when you go out of your way to assault her just to get the scramble for items started, but it's worth it to get potions free instead of 300 rupees.

The animal companions you can get are also a neat feature, though I always go with Dimitri.

Then of course there's the rings, which can give you all kinds of neat perks like letting you use sword beams without needing full health, diving underwater infinitely and being able to stand on cracked floors without them collapsing. Definitely a feature that makes these games special.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Zelda! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 7:42 pm

So... the Tri Force Heroes update has arrived, and with it it brought total pointlessness.

The questionarre to help improve online experience is little more than asking "Do you prefer slow and steady or straight as an arrow?" I'm guessing slow and steady is for newcomers, which means that unless you pick straight arrow, you're gonna have a hard time finding anyone. And it still doesn't eliminate the problems when people can't decide which stage to play and quit because they don't get the one they want.

The "Den of Trials" with over 30 stages is nothing more than an enemy rush. Every single room of it is just a singular plain enclosure filled with enemies you have to defeat in order to progress.

The only worthwhile thing that comes from this update is that you can now buy those silly friendship tokens, which were previously exclusive to local play.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 93

Zelda! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:55 pm

Well, I've been playing Wind Waker lately. After Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (which are both so amazing and awesome in their own way) it's pretty easy. I just beat the second dungeon today, and I still haven't died yet, not counting falling into fire or lava. I can't say I like this as much as the first two in general, but the items are great (I love the Deku Leaf and grappling hook) and the art style. I'm also happy to get the Master Sword again later on.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Zelda! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 3:19 am

So Triforce Heroes released another update.

This time they've introduced "Hero Points" which are received when you play through a stage that you didn't vote for or chose "I can't decide". These hero points can be traded into the merchant for materials, and apparently can power up at least one outfit (the terrible one you get at the beginning of the game).

Clearly this is an attempt to discourage people from quitting if they didn't get the stage they wanted to play. I guess it's a nice idea, hopefully it'll work. Considering I'm two steps away from trading in that game... Yea.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

Zelda! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:01 pm

I'd like to take a moment to talk about something that I find really cool in The Wind Waker, particularly about the Ballad of Gales.
Most of the Wind Waker songs... Really aren't that good (The ones you play in the game I mean). They aren't nearly as memorable, catchy, or melodic as the ones from Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask (or maybe I'm just biased). But the Ballad of Gales has recently become my favorite, because if you listen to the full song, the ending phrase of that song is the same as the ending phrase of the Minuet of Forest from Ocarina of Time (which is one of my favorites). I just thought it was really cool that they did that callback.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Zelda! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:56 pm

Wind Waker came about around the time I was your age. I played that game a lot growing up and I still play it today. The OST is pretty memorable. As for song not all them you can hum to yourself, but most of them you can. The two songs for Earth and Wind Temples are my favorite. I always turn up the volume on my TV to listen them to during their little cutscenes. In fact most Zelda OST is quite memorable. The music is the best part of Zelda. SS is my favorite OST because it's orchestra recordings.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

Zelda! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 7:13 pm

Mew Ami wrote:
Wind Waker came about around the time I was your age. I played that game a lot growing up and I still play it today. The OST is pretty memorable. As for song not all them you can hum to yourself, but most of them you can. The two songs for Earth and Wind Temples are my favorite. I always turn up the volume on my TV to listen them to during their little cutscenes. In fact most Zelda OST is quite memorable. The music is the best part of Zelda. SS is my favorite OST because it's orchestra recordings.
Ah, but see, I'm  just about to do the Earth Temple. I'm trying to get some stuff done beforehand, like heart pieces and giving that teacher lady Joy Pendants and such. I also kind of like the Command Melody.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Zelda! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 2:17 pm

Twilight Princess HD is out!

I picked it up day one. I preordered it as Gamestop so I got a CD. The Wolf Link amiibo is awesome. I haven't opened it yet.

So backstory time!

I remember finding out about this game on the internet. That's was when the internet was still a strange place. When it was announced that TP would be on the Wii as well, I decided to wait for that version because I thought it would be superior than the GC version. So in December 2006 when the Wii just came out we were able to get one! It was really luck because Wiis were sold out like everywhere! When I was at my dad's for Christmas, we were at Best Buy. I was looking at the games and my brother came over to me holding a Wii. I was in shock! So our dad got it for us (which I didn't know at the time. I thought my brother bought it). The next day we went on a journey to find more Wii remotes. We had no luck, but my dad bought us two games. I picked out Twilight Princess and my brother picked out a football game. I had a lot of fun playing this game. To this day I wish I got the GC version because motion controls can be annoying. LIKE FISHING!!!! RWARARA THAT DAMN CAT!!

So how is the HD port?

It's great. It's feels wonderful to play this game with an actual controller. Although sword fighting feels weird to me because I'm used to motion controls with this game. XD

The graphic updates are noticeable. It has better lighting, models, and the colors are more vibrant. The graininess that were in the oringal ports are gone.The only time you see any graininess is in sense mode as Wolf Link which makes sense. Now I know some people were disappointed with the face lift, but that's due to this game's art style. They would have had to remade this game from the ground up to give it a true HD look. I feel like I got my money's worth. Plus my oringal TP game was a gift so I had no regret buying this.

I'm pretty far into this game. I'm about to head to the Goron Mines. I'm a bit disoriented because in Normal Mode you played left handed (GC version). So this is the true hero mode for me. XD

I forgot about much I loved this game. The dungeons are really good in this game. I'm so excited for the Goron Mines!
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Zelda! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zelda!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7