Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Zelda! - Page 5 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Zelda! - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Zelda! - Page 5 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Zelda! - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Zelda! - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Zelda! - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Zelda! - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Zelda! - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Zelda! - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Zelda! - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Zelda!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 11:26 pm

Mew Ami wrote:
1. I get a vibe that Arin really isn't into modern gaming. I hate feeling lost in video games, but I love exploring and finding out things myself. But it's stupid if the game has you backtrack to get an item that isn't found in that dungeon.

2. Looking back OoT is bumpy, but it set the stone for future Zelda games.
In the 3D games the Z targeting thing can be a pain the butt, but has gotten better since OoT.

3. It will be great to have a new Zelda game without motion controls. While I had no problems with the controls in SS, I still rather have normal controls. WW HD was great on the Wii U and how they handle with the menu was wonderful. I didn't need to pause to switch out my items. Also they place some items on different buttons so you can have more access to weapons.

1. Yea, I get kind of irked when a game holds my hand to extreme levels, but I like the option of having things like the fortune teller houses or the phone guy from Link's Awakening. IF you get stumped you can go to them to find out where you need to go.

But when I'm walking up to a door and Navi has to pop up to tell me "press a to open it!" Who would honestly get stumped that early on?

2. I do think it's a little unfair to compare Lttp, which perfected a previously established formula, to Ocarina of Time, which was the first attempt at something like that, and even then, Ocarina has so much polish that it's effectively ruined 3D Sonic games for me. The amount of times you can fall through the floor and die in 3D Sonic is incredible. That kind of thing never happens in 3D Zelda.

3. Z (or in my case, L-targeting) was only wonky in Ocarina and Majora. Often times I find that I can't target the friggin bat that's going to bombard upon me in time. I'm sure there's at least one scenario in a later game where I'm frustrated trying to fight a swarm of enemies because I can't target the right one, but any examples escape me.

I'm just so glad the handheld Zeldas got out of that "Use ONLY the touch screen to move/attack" phase. Man that was awful. I didn't mind the motion controls in Skyward Sword TOO MUCH, but it takes a while to figure out how they work in order to use them effectively. The speed at which you have to swing your sword to register accurate hits is not ideal for fighting. It's more like you're cutting into a piece of cheese.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 11:58 pm

There are times in the newer games where Z targeting can get wonky, but not as bad as it was in OoT.

I think it's dumb to compare 2D Zelda games to 3D Zelda games. The 2D games had to use a top down view and that won't work in a 3D Zelda game. Of course Zelda 2 is an exception to this. They went with side scrolling and added RPG elements. Freakly I'm glad they didn't go back to this formula. I tried playing this game once and I had no idea where I was going. I entered a cave (?) and ended up dying because something kept hitting me (couldn't see it) and fell into a pit. Never went back to it. 

I hope I wasn't comparing the two mediums. I was just reacting to Arin's comments. His megman video made good points while his Zelda one is just dumb.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 5:47 pm

I just received an email from Nintendo, I've been selected to receive three download codes for the demo of Tri Force Heroes.

Apparently it  can't be played single player, only locally and this nonsense.

You can also try out online co-op mode during these hours:
10/16: 5 PM - 10 PM PT
10/17: 5 PM - 10 PM PT
10/18: 7 AM - 12 PM PT

Nintendo needs to take more consideration toward no-lifers like me.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 93

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:48 pm

*wall gets broken down* I HEARD THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.

As you guys have probably figured out right now, I'm a pretty big Zelda fan. The only one I've beaten is Ocarina of Time, but I'm about halfway through Majora's Mask(I'm trying to get all the maks so I can be Fierce Diety Link for the final battle). I watched my brother beat the first voss on Wind Waker just now, I've been trying to get him to actually sit down and play one of the games. And to try to get my dad to play something after Zelda 2.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 11:03 pm

RLinksoul wrote:
I just received an email from Nintendo, I've been selected to receive three download codes for the demo of Tri Force Heroes.

Apparently it  can't be played single player, only locally and this nonsense.

You can also try out online co-op mode during these hours:
10/16: 5 PM - 10 PM PT
10/17: 5 PM - 10 PM PT
10/18: 7 AM - 12 PM PT

Nintendo needs to take more consideration toward no-lifers like me.

You can play it by yourself. They will give you AIs to work with. They're just pushing the three player mode. It's like how four swords was.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 11:05 pm

Sailor Zelda wrote:
*wall gets broken down* I HEARD THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.

As you guys have probably figured out right now, I'm a pretty big Zelda fan. The only one I've beaten is Ocarina of Time, but I'm about halfway through Majora's Mask(I'm trying to get all the maks so I can be Fierce Diety Link for the final battle). I watched my brother beat the first voss on Wind Waker just now, I've been trying to get him to actually sit down and play one of the games. And to try to get my dad to play something after Zelda 2.

You need to play WW!! It's such a good game.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 5:00 pm

It does look really good. The whole look of it is very pretty, and has aged well because of the cartoony style (a few weeks ago I was playing Super Smash Bros. Melee and the graphics were like thse awkward teenage years between the N64 and the Wii). I also like how it seems to ditch the typical dugeon/temple format.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 6:12 pm

I think Melee holds up well in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 6:22 pm

It's not bad looking, but it's not the greatest. 
Bur anyway, so I'm trying to presuade my father to play a newer Zelda game. He says he wants a more mature, less kiddy Zelda (unfortunately when he says kiddy I think he's thinking of Wind Waker...). I was thinking Majora's Mask (he's already basically watched me play most of Ocarina of Time, so he'd be good story wise). Any other ideas/opinions?
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 6:28 pm

Pfftt Wind Waker has the cruse of being called kiddie because of the graphics. It's a wonderful game. The story has mature moments. 

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are good games. Twilight Princess tried to have a darker story, but failed in my opinion. MM is more dark.Skyward Sword has a mature story, but has light hearted moments.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 8:24 pm

Mew Ami wrote:
You can play it by yourself. They will give you AIs to work with. They're just pushing the three player mode. It's like how four swords was.

The full game can be played single player. I'm talking about the demo. It doesn't have that option.

Edit: And unlike Four Swords, you CANNOT play using only two players. It will not allow two players without a third. 

If you're playing with one friend it'll find a random person to join you.

I liked how Four Swords changes depending on how many players you have.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 9:34 pm

Ah I see. 

I will give Nintendo this. I'm glad they're still making local co-cop play a thing. Even if it's slapped on like in Splatoon. Most games are online co-cop only today.

I never had any desire to play Tri-force heroes. I want Zelda U not another handheld game. I feel like they keep making these games to fill the void of a new console game. GIVE IT TO ME NOW NINTENDO!!  shake bunny
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 10:29 pm

I just want more 2D top down Zeldas like A Link Between Worlds, only you know... without the item renting and dungeons in any order nonsense.

After Skyward Sword, 3D Zelda is going to have to try really hard to earn my love and it looks like Zelda U's big feature is more combat related 3Disms, like that time stopping thing when you jump off the horse and fire an arrow.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 10:34 pm

I like 3D better than top down. I like facing my foes at eye level. 

I am super hype for Zelda U. I can't wait to see the time stopping thing.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 9:34 pm

Just got done playing the demo of Tri Force Heroes. It was... a fiasco. We played the Fire Temple stage. So many lava related mishaps.

You know you're doing poorly when it seems like your teammates are carrying you totem style just to keep you out of trouble.

I threw people into bad thing so many times that my Zelda license should be taken away.

The lack of voice chat really adds to the complication of things, as even pushing a block together was an ordeal. And if you jump off of something and land on another player, you automatically totem, which means you have to trust that the other player isn't going to throw you in the lava.

Don't trust me if I'm that other player. > >

Edit: I still have an extra code for the demo, so if anyone wants it, by all means. You can't play the demo with friends through online, only locally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zelda! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda!   Zelda! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zelda!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next