Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silent_Magical_Girl
Civilian
Silent_Magical_Girl
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 48

The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Empty
PostSubject: The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions   The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 11:26 pm

I finally can continue to talk more about my magical girl project this time. 

The project titled Channy Duo is basically about a magical girl duo who are disabled and chronically sick. Channy Duo is just a quick name because I don't have a title for it yet. Also, my nickname is Channy, so the duo is literally halves of me for my chronic conditions. It is weird, isn't? 

Long ago, I wished a magical girl or heroine has a chronic condition like mine to exist. Now it is happening.

The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Yes_ye11

This is Nerissa the deaf magical girl. She is mute, of course. She can summon water power in American sign language. The water power symbolizes the ocean known as the silent world I always imagine. She is the most difficult character to create because she has many real-life problems that deaf people shared without a doubt. We still face audism, mainstream schools, and lacking accessibility. Hearing loss is still unusual and tragic to the normal world. For example, hearing parents wanted their child to hear again with a cochlear implant. At least, we can slowly change what was normalized in media. We need more deaf representation these days, especially as superheroes. Unlike most media has been using lip reading and oral communication instead of sign language. We need deaf characters heroes never hesitate to act and can do anything, except mere hearing ability. I will reach to know more about Nerissa (She's hiding at the corner of my mind). She likes making ASL puns. She likes to talk a lot, but also likes to spend time with herself. She may can not hear, but still kick some butts Especially the chatty ones! 

The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Diabet10

This is Arista. She has type 1 diabetes. She may look healthy, but still sick for rest of her life because her organ won't work anymore. Actually, it is not the diabetes you see on TV and magazines, so it was type 2 diabetes you saw. Also, there's a lot of misunderstanding in the society about it. That's why we need a hero who has the disease. It is an important representation for reducing the stigma and sugar-coated myths. Countless people including me have wished diabetes should be not be viewed as a cake and victim-blaming lifestyle. In a typical superhero-vs.-villain fight, Arista treats her low blood sugar with a juice box on a rush. After a battle, she injects her almost-bare thigh with insulin for a donut as a victory at Tim Hortons (a Canadian fast-food restaurant for coffee and donuts). Of course, she won’t be magically cured and takes care of herself daily. She gets injection 3-5 times a day and checks her blood sugar levels. If she didn’t give herself enough insulin, her blood sugar spikes. If she works too hard or gets overtreated, her blood sugar drops. The disease is death-threatening at either of the sides, Arista never gives up living even without being a strong magical girl! She is mature and responsible at teenager age. Does being a magical girl make her health more stressful? How she face an evil when her blood sugar drops? Even she's shaking like a leaf. Her heart beats so fast. She sweats a lot. She literally needs some candy to save her life when fighting the evil. Can she keep her blood sugar stable in unusual situations? 

There are endless possibilities for deaf/diabetic magical girls in any story, aren't? I hope I can write a good story one day. I am doing my best on studying... Oh hey, more funny doodles.

The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions My_pre10
The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Diabad10
The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Are_yo10

I am sooo proud to have those wonderful characters as my dream heroines. This is one of the best projects in my life. Even if it is so close to home.  

Shine

The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Wake_u11
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions   The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 11:47 pm

I'm in love with these girls.  bunnyloveit

I really hope you go through with this! It's very creative and unique. I wish I could say more. I'm not the best with feedback. lol
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Silent_Magical_Girl
Civilian
Silent_Magical_Girl
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 48

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions   The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 11:56 pm

Thank you so much for the wonderful comment!  bunnyloveit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions   The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions Empty

Back to top Go down

The Magical Girl Duo with Chronic Conditions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1