Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Empty
PostSubject: Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime   Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Here's a little appreciation post to all the magical girls on the sidelines who aren't the main character, or sometimes they're a show that exists within another series!

Some of my favorites are

Magical Domiko from Nanaka 6/17
Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Magical%20Domiko%20logo%20screen
A Minky Momo-esque show that the main character, Nanaka, loves to watch.

Magical Girl Pururin from Welcome to the NHK
Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Hqdefault
again, a show that the otaku characters are all crazy about.

Majokko Mirakurun from YuruYuri
Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Majokko+Mirakurun+CV+Taketatsu+Ayana+Cover
like the above. I've only seen 1 episode of Yuru Yuri. But I love Mirakurun XD

And finally Misty May from Otaku no Video
Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Otaku-no-video-concept-misty-may-1
Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Otaku-no-video-concept-misty-may-3

A parody of Momo, Mami and all the other popular 80s magical girls XD
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime   Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 1:52 am

And from yet another otaku show, it's Meruru of Ore no Imouto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_zQwJo92lQ

I'm convinced that this is a parody of Lyrical Nanoha.

You've got creepy loli fanservice.
The main protagonist voiced by Yukari Tamura.
And the main character being known for being very destructive, full power explosions and what-not.
Back to top Go down
Timer Rabbit
Civilian
Timer Rabbit
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 107

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime   Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 11:52 pm

Gonna go collect stuff from what I replied. But yea Link might know this.

To start, Higurashi (after the main seasons) had OVAs that are either made to bring fanservice (even to the ladies with Satoshi x Keichi OTP) or one-shots that are like spin-offs for a day.

One of them is Higurashi Kira and I can not hold back and watch it (even if I had some information. I like Umineko more okay? ;; ). Take reminder that these are from MGConfessions forums so some may be out of date.

Quote :
Spoiler:

This one had some oodles of fanservice, but not in short pan shots. And again Rika and Satoko bringing themes of friendship, even it's pretty basic. 

Quote :
Spoiler:

In today's persona opinion, it was nice to have a MG going on in Flonyard, but since Project DD was also done by the same crew who did Nanoha, so the one-time transformation sequence is a bit perverse, much to my dislike but adoring the costume. Older Rebecca is beautiful though!

I really don't want to consider Dog Days as a "magical anime" and more of straight-out Final Fantasy story with kemonomimi and fanservice/humor, so Rebecca gets the trophy for "Magical Girl in Non-Magical Girl Anime". 

Oh yea I forgot about her.

Quote :
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Huge post gushing about the girls and it's artwork from Cardfight Vanguard. To put a summary, this is a Yu-Gi-Oh like anime and franchise about a card game and had this tournament and such... It's key element is "imagination" since the card game has it's own story to make you think you are one of those DnD players, but you are not at the same time. The artwork were done by various Pixiv artists who are hired to draw various card art for the franchise, and a few happen to be either moe-esque girls and some had specific themes like mermaid idols or angel-nurses. The spoiler displays my original posts and some of the samples of their magical girl archetypes transferred into Cardfight Vanguard.

And to finish it off, I don't know if I wrote something about this "magical girl" show within a non-magical show, and detectives are also a thing now. (Thanks to Milky Holmes.)

Magical Detective Lovaline is a Milky-Holmes inspired show that Nanako Dojima watches in the anime adaptation of Persona 4. It was also an anime-original that follows your main character's time spent int he summer, and since he had all of this time, why not make Nanako the star of the day? It's also a filler episode, but some minor knowledge on the main story may be required.

Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime  border=Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Qo6tjF6

Nanako cosplays as her heroine detective Lovaline in order to investigate her brother's strange behavior for the entire summer! You can look at some info here. Since I have no screenshot of Lovaline herself, a spoof from a screenshot from the same website can be found here.

AND that is all for now! I am still specktical that some of you consider Kill la Kill to be a "magical girl". I think it's somewhere else with borrowed tropes. (Though Nonon can consider as one but man that Goku uniform..)
Back to top Go down
http://girlwiththeflamingfist.tumblr.com
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime   Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Monaka Umaka from Keroro episode 21 (also in chapter 191 of the manga)

Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Tumblr_nats9rnXYc1qmblwwo1_500

Fun Fact: Aoi Yuki voiced this parody of the her famous "Madoka Magica" as well.
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime   Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 9:19 pm

Today we have one that comes not from an anime, but from a video game. The third entry in the Ape Escape series gives you this adorable character as one of the two playable characters.

Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime ZeoAGrC

In this game that I've never played and know nothing about that I'm looking up info on as I type this, the main characters are able to take on transformations that give them different abilities, one of these transformations is called Cyber Ace. The male character gets something like a mech hero outfit, the girl...

Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime ROgDIZ4

And on a trivia note that might amuse some, her Japanese name is Sayaka, and she's voiced by Ai Nonaka. They named her Yumi in the English release, which seems weird to me since that's also a very Japanese name.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime   Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 11:30 pm

Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Tumblr_inline_odwj0rbs2l1so43oi_400

This girl is made of lies. She neither fights evil by moonlight nor wins love by daylight.

The latest Ace Attorney game has this MAGICIAN girl repeatedly call herself this, and it makes me wish her stage performance thing had been a throwback to old majokko works, like Minky Momo, instead of the done to death Alice in Wonderland thing they went with. 

Kinda surprised Japan likes Alice in Wonderland so much considering it's a Western story. I mean this game had a case involving friggin Rakugo and they couldn't come up with a more Japanese performance theme for her.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime   Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 2:19 am

Episode 5 of "Aho Girl" has the main characters go to a movie theater to see this.

Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime DoIXUO2

Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime MXy0zw5

I love how this series is considered kiddie, yet the main girl is bleeding quite a bit from her arm. I mean there was that one time Mana bled in the Doki movie, but still.

Also these two clearly look like Madoka and Homura, and the main girl of this show is voiced by Aoi Yuuki so...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime   Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime Empty

Back to top Go down

Magical Girls from Non-Magical Girl Anime

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1