Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Magical Girls and Reboots Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Magical Girls and Reboots Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Magical Girls and Reboots Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Magical Girls and Reboots Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Magical Girls and Reboots Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Magical Girls and Reboots Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Magical Girls and Reboots Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Magical Girls and Reboots Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Magical Girls and Reboots Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Magical Girls and Reboots Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Magical Girls and Reboots

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

Magical Girls and Reboots Empty
PostSubject: Magical Girls and Reboots   Magical Girls and Reboots EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 6:09 pm

In the history of Magical Girl anime there have been about 8 franchises that have been rebooted or re-branded to be shown to a whole new generation of fans.

Sally the Witch
Comet-san
Akko’s Secret
Cutey Honey
Minky Momo
Pretty Sammy
Akubi Musume
and more topical: Sailor Moon

yet I always see people mention “I want Favorite Show X to get a reboot!” and thats fine. But I think I’m in the camp that believes its okay to just leave what’s well enough alone and just focus on making new content.

Like I understand why Sailor Moon got its reboot - The SM manga never really got an adaptation that I think really captured its glamour and serious tone. It’s also at a point where its ripe enough to be resold to old fans who want something to share with their children.

And sometimes it really works, like Cutey Honey Flash where they re-purposed Honey as a shoujo anime like it was originally intended, I think turned out really spectacularly from what I’ve seen.

But something like say, Cardcaptor Sakura, I think is perfect as is. It has enough changes to make it different, but still keeps all the heart and charm of the original comics. CLAMP themselves even helped out with the script and designs of the show. So the creator’s input was critical to the production. That doesn’t happen very often.

I’ve thought about what a reboot of an idol show like Creamy Mami would entail. I’d be happy of course But since Mami’s IRL idol voice actress, Takako Ohta is now older and not active in singing that much, it would probably mean recasting another girl to do all the music. I don’t think I’m ready for that TBH XD

But yeah, any thoughts on reboots? Any shows you think would work being remade? here’s a place to talk about it.
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girls and Reboots   Magical Girls and Reboots EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 4:46 pm

To bad SM Crystal is failing. Lol

I would like Shugo Chara to get a reboot. At least giving it a better final season instead of that Shugo Chara party crap.

Tokyo Mew Mew needs one for A LA mode. I think giving it an anime would improve the plot.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
CureMewPeach
Civilian
CureMewPeach
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 552

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girls and Reboots   Magical Girls and Reboots EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 7:25 am

I definitely agree that Tokyo Mew Mew needs A La Mode. I think the whole Tokyo Mew Mew series should be re-booted, with the following series' following the Playstation game with Ringo, and then A La Mode. As much as I love the Tokyo Mew Mew anime, it really needs either a re-boot and/or sequel xx
Back to top Go down
Sakuranbo
Best Friend

Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 142

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girls and Reboots   Magical Girls and Reboots EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 7:51 pm

I think reboots for Magical Girl series are good personally because sometimes some Magical Girl Anime series that are made back then were not faithful to the Manga and with reboot Anime series being made they can be faithful to the Manga, but at the same time they can bring in new fans who can get into it too. The Magical Girl series that I think would work as a reboot Anime series would be Wedding Peach because it is one of the Magical Girl series that I know that really needs a reboot and I love the Wedding Peach series too. The 90s Wedding Peach Anime series wasn't faithful to the Manga because it had a lot of changes and the Love Angels weren't wearing the first outfits that they have in the Manga only their second outfits. It would be very nice for Wedding Peach to have a reboot Anime series that is faithful to the Manga and for the series to be more known too since it is a very underrated Magical Girl Anime and Manga series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girls and Reboots   Magical Girls and Reboots Empty

Back to top Go down

Magical Girls and Reboots

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1