Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
The Gaming Community  Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
The Gaming Community  Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
The Gaming Community  Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
The Gaming Community  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
The Gaming Community  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
The Gaming Community  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
The Gaming Community  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
The Gaming Community  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
The Gaming Community  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
The Gaming Community  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

The Gaming Community

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

The Gaming Community  Empty
PostSubject: The Gaming Community    The Gaming Community  EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 7:20 pm

What gives?  shake bunny

I honestly think the gaming community is more toxic than fandoms on Tumblr. People are so harsh on you for what type of gamer you are. Or how you play the game. Or if you like Nitnendo, ect. I watch a lot gaming related videos on Youtube and my god the comments can be so ruthless. 

Also most people in the community do nothing, but complain! I read the comments on trailers for Nintendo games and all people do is complain about them. Like the Splatoon ones. A lot of people hated the Kid Squid song trailer. Yet people loved the Japanese trailer? All it had was the girl Inkling jump off a real life building! How is that better? It showed no game play. At least the kid squid one showed the game. As a gamer I want to see what the game looks like not a movie like trailer. Don't get me started on that Metroid spin off game. 

Luckily you can meet awesome people in the community, but it's hard to find a non toxic social media place.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Community    The Gaming Community  EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 9:01 pm

Wherever online gaming is possible you're going to find stupid people who want to ruin it for others. Every time I go into battle mode in Mario Kart 7 there's at least one kart that's just parked completely motionless in place. I read on TV Tropes that this is because people will attack the motionless karts and gain an advantage against those who don't do this. Like... why even?

Not to mention how sexist a lot of gamers are. A freakin' Fifa game had people up in arms just because female athletes were programmed into it, whining about how "Feminism ruins everything!" It reminds me of plots in TV shows where the man wants his own safe-zone away from the woman, then feels threatened when she wants to enter said zone, be it sports or the garage or a bar.

Then there's the whole "fake girl gamer" mentality. Why is that even a thing? People think that if women play video games it's just a ruse to trap them into a soul-sucking marriage or something?
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Community    The Gaming Community  EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 9:14 pm

Actually there are girls who game just to get guys. It's sad, but true.
Back to top Go down
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Community    The Gaming Community  EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 12:49 am

Ok so as someone on both side here, the player and the maker side, some times its hard to please everyone that's when you make the game you want to and let the rest be mad. It's not that women in a Fifa game ruined everything or that we have yet to have a female lead in Assassin's Creed that ruin games it's the people complaining.

I play Final Fantasy XIV with a lot of guys who by the way think I'm a guy cause of the character I play or how she is dressed. If I like something I don't care if it's skimpy, sad reason to assume. So sexism in games goes both ways really why can't a girl want to play a sexy girl toon or a guy a sexy guy toon? why do i have to be a male to play a game with a bikini clad girl toon I had fun creating and like the look of? why does it matter how a digital representation of me is dressed? it's a game! 

I'd like to see more games where the gender of the MC doesn't matter but hell I play more games where the MC is a guy and honestly I don't care, if i like the game it's not a big deal. after all I'm going to play these games even if the character is female or male because I like the stories or the look of them. (Entwined people amazing to look at! PSN+ members get it free!) 

So in the end don't let those pissy folk stop you from enjoying your game. Im a casual gamer myself I play for fun, and no other reason. if I'm not having fun i wont play.
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Community    The Gaming Community  EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 10:12 am

They don't ruin my fun but it drives me crazy. I should stop reading YouTube comments. Lol

The great thing about Splatoon no one questions you for the avatar you use. A lot of guys use the girl one. Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Community    The Gaming Community  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gaming Community

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1