Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
What are you playing? - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
What are you playing? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
What are you playing? - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
What are you playing? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
What are you playing? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
What are you playing? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
What are you playing? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
What are you playing? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
What are you playing? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
What are you playing? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

What are you playing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
saturn
Magical Girl
saturn
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 9108

What are you playing? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 11:15 pm

Broke out Zelda Twilight Princess
Back to top Go down
http://thesolsticequeen.tumblr.com/
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 11:27 pm

When my copy arrives in the mail tomorrow, I'll be playing a game I haven't touched in over ten years.

Super Mario Sunshine.

I look forward to having a pachinko induced mental breakdown when it gets here.
Back to top Go down
Beat
Hostess
Beat
Hostess

Coffee Beans : 715

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 3:12 pm

Getting Retro playingg Pokemon  colosseum and Pokemon XD, Gale of darkness. Now, it's time to go into Orre and Gotta purify them all in 2 games. Such wow.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 10:25 am

I recently got Yoshi Wolly World. This game too cute for it's own good. <3
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Arcane
Civilian

Civilian

Coffee Beans : 93

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 11:39 pm

Tropico 4, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Skyrim, Borderlands. I have some games that i wan't to pass x3.

But the one that i'm playing more this days is Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Back to top Go down
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 5:54 am

Tales of Xilla, Super Meatboy(Annoying AF but addictive) FFXIV:HW, AC:Syndicate and FF 9
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 12:47 pm

I beat The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask a little over a week ago. I moved right on to Wind Waker. I don't like that one as much as OoT and MM so far, but it's fun.

And I'm also playing the original Silent Hill for the PS1. Pretty creepy thus far, but nothing too bad yet.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Wind Waker is amazing.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 3:14 pm

I'm currently playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team, with a little bit of Tomodachi Life on the side. I actually have never played a PMD game before. I thought about starting with Super Mystery Dungeon, but in the end, I thought it would be more interesting if I started with the first one and worked my way up -- that way I can really, truly appreciate PSMD when I get to it.  Happy
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 6:30 pm

I'm playing Half-Life 2 and Portal 2, both for the second time. It's been while though, so I thought I'd give them a go again.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 6:41 pm

...Welp. I'm finally biting the bullet and doing it.

I'm playing Undertale.

My history with this game is incredible. In the space of a few months, I went from mild interest to annoyance to dislike to COMPLETE AND UTTER HATRED to apathy and finally back to mild interest. I hated it for a while because I couldn't escape it, and stopped hating it after I realized that I truly couldn't escape it.

I'm not very far into the game yet, but so far, it's okay. I'm playing with USB SNES controller, and the D-pad is a bit stiff, which makes dodging attacks hard. I'm probably going to do a true pacifist run. What's interesting about me playing this is that, due to the sheer amount of it I see every day, I already know quite a bit about it... But I've never watched anyone else play it. So I know some stuff already, but not everything. This should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 6:50 pm

I watched a review of it and meh. Not my cup of tea. I'm not huge on games that make you replay it so many times to get the full story and experience.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 7:41 pm

magical-pudding wrote:
I'm playing with USB SNES controller, and the D-pad is a bit stiff, which makes dodging attacks hard.

Ah, so you CAN play it with something other than the Keyboard. That makes the bullet dodging mechanic a lot less annoying. It'd be perfect if you can use a joystick, but a decent D pad works too.

I'm sure the fandom would say I "experienced it wrong", but honestly I liked Undertale better before I gave it a chance. I liked reading all the little nuggets of information on sites like TV Tropes and the series's own wiki. Once I actually watched a playthrough of it, I realized how boring it is. 

The humor is okay and the characters (some) are decent, but the battle gameplay is just incredibly dull and not at all as amazing as people made it seem. "You don't have to hurt anyone! Negotiate your way out of battles!" which basically amounts to choosing "attacks" anyway, they simply result in dialog instead of damage.

And I don't buy the whole message of the game where it's like "You're a bad person if you defend yourself against these monsters that want you dead. So just bend over backwards trying to please them and take it in the rear when they try to kill you. Things will work fine!" I mean it's one thing to go around slaughtering everything just for the sake of it, but if something is actively trying to kill you, the game shouldn't guilt you for fighting back.

And honestly, I think the idea that you can "experience it wrong" if you didn't play it yourself is one of the game's biggest weaknesses. A game should be something that anyone can pick up and enjoy, or enjoy watching other people play. If you have to play it a certain way otherwise you won't enjoy it, then that's not a very good mark on the game.

The fans are all like "You have to play it blind, not knowing anything about it in order to get the most out of it." But that's kinda impossible with how much people are frothing at the mouth over it. And then there are the fans that yell at you if you play it a certain way, telling you to do it over and do it right this time. What's the point of a game (especially one where you're supposed to try different things to get different results) if someone else dictates how you play it?

So to the Undertale fandom I say thank you for showing me that this game isn't worth the $10 steam fee.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 7:50 pm

Interesting. To be honest, those were all concerns I had with the game before I played it, and why I started to hate it for a while. The gameplay is definitely kind of dull. I like the dialogues that you get when you chose "act" during a battle -- some of them are really cute! But they get wearing when you do the same fight over and over because you keep getting random encounters. It's like being in a cave in Pokemon. I just want to solve the puzzles, man. I actually did get a Game Over already on a battle with two of those carrot monsters. I actually find this whole bullet hell thing to be hella difficult. I dunno if I'm going to be able to finish this game...

But to be honest, I kind of had to play this. It's not just online I can't escape this game -- it's real life, too. My cousin who I live with LOVES this game, and often references it in conversation. He can't even help it -- sometimes Undertale references just slip out without him meaning to. He's been wanting me to play it for several months now, and I kept being stubborn and saying no. But I realized that I was kind of just hating it for no reason, so I decided to just try it. I downloaded it through his Steam account, so I didn't have to pay for it, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 10:34 am

I have considered playing Undertale, mostly because it EXPLODED on the internet (and I don't even have Tumblr). I'm one of those people who's mostly like, well, I have to see the thing for myself so I can form my own opinion about said thing. Most of the time.

As for games I'm actually playing... The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magical Girl Cafe  :: Cafe Magical :: Tea Time :: Video Games-