Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Fantasy Life Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Fantasy Life Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Fantasy Life Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Fantasy Life Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Fantasy Life Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Fantasy Life Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Fantasy Life Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Fantasy Life Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Fantasy Life Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Fantasy Life Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Fantasy Life

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

Fantasy Life Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 3:24 pm

So, has anyone here played Fantasy Life for the 3DS?

For the most part, I really enjoyed this game. I found out about it because a lot of people compare it to Animal Crossing... And to an extent, I can sort of see what they're on about. It's an RPG, but it does have a lot of open ended elements. You can play the story at your own pace, and once the story is over, you're free to do basically whatever you want. Honestly, I felt that the story was the weakest part of the game. It was just your typical doomsday plot, and the walls of text really made the story segments a chore to play. It doesn't help that you're a silent protagonist, so most of the playing just involves watching other characters do everything. Angry 

However, the open-ended part is where the game really shines, in my opinion. There are 12 different character classes you can choose from, called Lives, and you're free to pick up as many as you want and switch between them whenever. There are four combat Lives, three gathering, and five crafting. You get all sorts of challenges and can rank up in your Lives... It's really fun! My two favorite lives were mercenary and angler.  Cheer (Kind of a weird combination, now that I think about it.) 

The only thing that really sucks is that Level 5 recently announced a sequel... For mobile phones. And it's going to be a village building sim. Cry  Seriously, what the heck?! I have a strong suspicion it's probably not even going to be translated, but if it does make it over here, I'm not going to be playing it. Mobile games are not my thing.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Fantasy Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 11:11 pm

I love this game! I have yet to beat it though. Other games took over my life. I should go back to it.

Yeah I wish you talked. Like maybe take a personality test for your character's dialogue. Idk! I really don't like playing quiet characters. I really don't need to be connected with the characters I play in video games.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Fantasy Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 11:04 am

I actually haven't really beat it, either. Laugh I played through the main story on one of my save files, but I have yet to begin the DLC story. And my other save files I still haven't finished the story with, either.

And yeah, the silent protagonist thing isn't really done well here. You get dialogue options occasionally, but I would love more of them. It works in games like Pokemon, but here, the story is so dialogue heavy, not being able to have any input makes playing the story segments really boring. I think my biggest problem with not talking, though, is just the fact that I find Butterfly so freaking annoying. I hate having her talk for me, with some of the crap she says. She does get better later on, though.

Also, as a side note, my user name comes from this game. Blush Magical pudding is one of the dishes that the cook Life can make.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Fantasy Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 1:21 pm

I love the Butterfly!
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Fantasy Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 4:56 pm

I wouldn't mind her as much if she didn't speak for me in literally every situation. Laugh Admittedly, I warmed up to her once the big reveal happened. She was much more bearable after that.
Back to top Go down
Beat
Hostess
Beat
Hostess

Coffee Beans : 715

Fantasy Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 5:06 pm

It is amazing indeed, I like quite character personally or at least make choices reflection the personality most near to you, it is a good thing in my opinion, I'm gonna explore this game since I trust Magical-Pudding as a fellow connoisseur of games like Harvest moon and Rune Factory.

magical-pudding wrote:
Seriously, what the heck?!

Allow me to explain, life in japan leaves little time for...anything, this being why mobile phones are popular and lucrative there and being this the reason why Nintendo focuses on portable consoles rather than home ones(and their consoles initially are bit pricey, life is expensive there but people still manage) Due to portables such as 3ds and PSP being taken everywhere, the train, work ect.

It is sometimes better to go for mobiles due to low sales on this continent, since well here pretty much games are obsessed with shooters and stuff and in their country with dating sims, ecchi and much more, so this is why many mobile games in japan exist and are derived of big franchises(Taking megaman for example).

Anyhow thanks for the advice, I'm gonna go check it. Read you later.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Fantasy Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 5:12 pm

Actually, I've never played either of those games before! I don't know much about Rune Factory, but I've been interested in trying out Harvest Moon. Story of Seasons, in particular, looks really good. Cheer (EDIT: I looked up Rune Factory and now I'm definitely interested.  Mad Hehe.)

Yeah, I've heard about that with mobile gaming in Japan... And it makes sense, to an extent, because from what I understand, Fantasy Life didn't really sell very well. Cry Which is a shame, because the game is really fun.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Fantasy Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:18 pm

Yeah Japan loves their mobile gaming. Probably why Nintendo is entering the smart phone market. Makes me sad, but I hope it's just a way of advertising. I'm not huge into mobile gaming. The only mobile game I truly love is Plants Vs Zombies 2. 

It's shame that this game didn't sell well. It's really fun and I loved that you're not bound to one life and don't loose the stuff you earn in another life. 

I went with the fisherman life first because of the fish hat. XD
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Fantasy Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 9:49 pm

Haha, I actually picked angler first as well, though, it wasn't for the hat... Before I got the game, I did a lot of research on it and... I'm not going to lie, I was hyped to go fishing. Since I got into the game because of the comparisons people made to Animal Crossing, I wanted to start with something that was also in AC... Admittedly, the fishing in this game is much, much harder, but it's still one of my favorite lives. Love
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Fantasy Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 11:46 pm

Fishing can be a challenge when it comes to the big fish.  Mad
Back to top Go down