Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Universal Lady Justice Aya Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Universal Lady Justice Aya Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Universal Lady Justice Aya Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Universal Lady Justice Aya Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Universal Lady Justice Aya Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Universal Lady Justice Aya Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Universal Lady Justice Aya Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Universal Lady Justice Aya Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Universal Lady Justice Aya Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Universal Lady Justice Aya Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Universal Lady Justice Aya

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JameyoftheMegacosmos
Civilian

Civilian

Coffee Beans : 5

Universal Lady Justice Aya Empty
PostSubject: Universal Lady Justice Aya   Universal Lady Justice Aya EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 12:25 am

So here is one of my biggest project as of, which I call Universal Lady Justice Aya. It's a magical girl series that I made after watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Here's a summary:

In the world, desperate girls have their pleas answered by finding white crystals and becoming magical girls until their lives are fulfilled. However, they have also become targets as a mysterious anti-magical organization hunts them down. These such external dangers force these girls into hiding in a life of isolation and alienation. Aya Masa, a girl isolated from the world by her protective mother and an abusive classmate, finds herself helpless at school and with her friends. This is until she finds a crystal and encounters another magical girl. Now a magical girl herself, she hopes to break the external and internal barriers of her life. As she does, she tries to free the abused, isolated, and dominated from their own cycles of suffering and bring justice to their oppressors. This is the epic story of a girl who brings hope to those under the shadow of despair.

I'll have episodes and artwork posted up soon so people can see! Hope you enjoy this project!
Back to top Go down
JameyoftheMegacosmos
Civilian

Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Universal Lady Justice Aya   Universal Lady Justice Aya EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:32 am

To start with, I shall post up the first episode of my series.

ULJA Part 1 Episode 1: Tap your mind
Written by Mister Drake/JameyoftheMegacosmos

Setting:

Aya' Apartment Complex- A five-story building with 4 apartments on each floor. Several blocks away from the nearby school. The owner, Finch, lives on the front left apartment on the first floor. Aya's is the back right one on the third floor. Has a parking lot in the back for about 16 cars.

Aya's Apartment- Composed of a living room, kitchen, bathroom, and two bedrooms.

Arahi No. 28 High School- A large high school in the outer section of Arahi City. Protected by a wall with a large gate as the entrance. Has an indoor field track, a cafeteria, and a large garden area for students to gather outside class.

Character introduction:

Aya Masa- The main character.
Suzume Masa- Aya's protective and strict mother.

Detective Finch- A private detective and the owner of the apartment complex where Aya lives. He's close to Aya in terms of friends, but can't do much due to his work.
Athena- Aya's pet falcon.

Miki Tenjou- Aya's closest friend. Her family runs a concert arena in Arahi. She is about the only one who could stand for Aya.
Chou Bo- An overeating, yet still skinny girl who sits with Aya during lunch. Doesn't like being demeaned by her weight.
Kyoko Liu- A Chinese/Japanese boy who is always busy.
Ashley Haylon- The in-crowd leader at Aya's school. Always like to exploit or harass Aya and a few others.

Shizuko Ayumi- A mysterious magical girl. She is very flexible, agile, and fast. Capable of ripping off sides of walls or the ground to make magical knives.

AMF Weapons:

Shuriken- A portable cylindrical drone with bladed internal rotors for flight and melee combat. Can be optionally armed with a small gun on the bottom.
Pincher- A small quadrupedal drone. Has two scythe-like blades that slice across from each other.

Script:

(Scene starts with a white screen. Then fades into a peaceful park at around springtime.)
(Aya Masa, the main character, is running around freely in clean clothes. She spins around and lands happily on a mound while seeing Miki Tenjou come by on her right. The two look at each other, then Miki lies down beside her as they smile. Kyoko Liu, seeing them from a distance on their left, looks down and lets out a giggle. He comes down to sit with them. Aya looks back and forth between her friends.)
Narrator Aya: Friends. Peace. Freedom. Justice. This is all that I wanted.
(Aya reaches in her shirt's right pocket and pulls out a white cylindrical crystal. As her friends watch, she raises the crystal with her left hand and her right hand showing a ring.)
Narrator Aya: Both as a normal girl...and a magical one.
(After looking at each other one more time, they turn to the sky as the scene darkens where only the crystal is shown flashing a white glow.)
Narrator Aya: However, it wouldn't have happened if it weren't for everything that I've done for everyone...and what they've done for me. I am Aya Masa and this is my story in how I fulfilled my dreams and desires. My desire to bring hope and justice. To me. To my friends. To the magical girls. And to the world.
(Opening)
(Title)
(Scene: Aya's room.)
(Aya's alarm clock goes on. After a while, she wakes up slowly to stop the alarm and stretches. She sits on the side of her bed, seeing the clocks at a late time.)
Aya: (sarcastic) Late again...(yawns) How much more suffering?
(Aya gets up and puts on a set of slippers. She opens the curtains to a large window, seeing the city and small backyard behind the apartment complex. Aya sighs as she looks down. Athena flies onto the windowsill outside. Aya looks to the falcon as it screeches.)
Aya: There you are, Athena.
(Aya takes out some food hidden in her pocket. She slightly opens the window and lets her hand out to feed Athena. The falcon leans into her hand and nibbles on the food.)
Aya: There you go. Glad that you're here at least. (looks down, sighs)
(A feint alarm sound goes off and Aya turns around. She looks back to Athena and brings her hand back inside.)
Aya: Guess that's it for now.
(Athena screeches)
Aya: Don't worry. Next time we'll hang out more.
(Aya closes the window and the curtains as Athena leaves. She rubs her hands together to shake of f the food crumbs.)
Suzume: Aya! It's time to go!
Aya: I'm up, mom! Coming!
(Aya walks out her door to see Suzume Masa nearby.)
Aya: Uhh, what is it, Mom?
Suzume: Nothing, just wanted to know if you were up.
Aya: I'm fine, mom.
Suzume: (suspicious) Hm. (returns to normal) Anyway, you better get ready now.
Aya: (irritated) I know, mom. You don't have to tell me.
(Aya walks away. Suzume walks into her room to scan the place.)
Suzume: Hm.
(Suzume turns away.)
(Scene: Shower, then kitchen, and finally outside to the complex parking lot.)
(Aya is out taking a shower)
Narrator Aya: This is the Aya I was before. Just a little girl within an apartment with a very rough life.
(Aya and Suzume eating together at table.)
Narrator Aya: Something you'd usually find in drama shows or a magical girl series.
(The Masas rush outside, near their car.)
Suzume: Come on, Aya! We're going to be late!
Aya: I know, mom! Coming!
(The two quickly get into their car.)
(Scene: The Masa's car.)
(Aya watches quietly out the side window for a few moments. Then, she turns to her mother.)
Aya: Mother...
Suzume: What?
Aya: There's something I want ask.
Suzume: Not now, Aya.
Aya: I've been wondering...why are you always so protective of me like this?
Suzume: (frustrated) It's best if we don't talk about this. 
Aya: But I'm always wondering! You used to be so kind and polite. Was it that incident from before? The one where father died?
Suzume: Please, Aya. Just not now...
(Aya lets out a stressful sigh and looks back to the window, leaning on her hand.)
Narrator Aya: My mother didn't used to be like this. She was much different before.
(Aya flashes back to a large wealthy house with a long brick path through a garden. A young Aya with elegant clothing walks along the path and stops to spin around. She twirls a few times and stops, facing away from the house. She runs to her mother, a younger Suzume, and her father. Both of her parent crouched down as the young Aya brings her arms out, wrapping around their arms and legs in the center.)
Narrator Aya: Long ago, when I was young, we had a normal happy family. 
(Another flashback shows the young Aya sitting in a living room, reading a book on the floor.)
Narrator Aya: I could get things whenever I wanted them. I especially liked learning and spent years of my time reading and studying whatever subjects I could find.
(Suzume suddenly comes to her left side and kneels down to see Aya's book. Aya turns around to see her mother smiling. Aya grins back as her mother pats her head.)
Narrator Aya: At that time, my mother Suzume was a normal mom. She was kind, would appreciate my work, and did what she could to help.
(A shadow casts over Aya, who turns around see her father. He gives a nod and Aya excitedly grins back. Her father kneels down and puts a small box at her side. Aya twists her body to reach the box and opens it up. Her eyes widen at the sight of a gold ring with falcon wings and a white jewel in the center. She takes the ring out and holds it the air with both hands.)
Narrator Aya: And I had a great father; he would do anything for me. I even have a ring from him, which was quite expensive and very pretty.
(Returning to the present, Aya looks at the same ring worn on her right index finger and gives a light smile.)
Narrator Aya: I've never taken it off since he gave it to me and it reminds me of the best times I've had.
(Aya gets another flashback, changing her smile into a shocked face. She puts her hand down and looks out the window with a depressing look.)
Narrator Aya: And of the nightmare.
(Aya flashes to back to her memories. In the nighttime, gunshots are fired through the house. Aya crouches and runs through the living room, crying for help. Suzume comes from the side and picks her up. She jerks her head several times and finds an empty closet. She runs into the closet with Aya in her arms and closes the door with a small crack opening.)
Narrator Aya: About seven years ago, a group of gunmen came into our house and started searching and shooting. Maybe because we were rich? I don't know.
(Suzume and Aya observe through the door crack, seeing shadows of three gunmen walking through the house. The shadows stop and two of them turn around. The gunmen talk for a while.)
Narrator Aya: My mom and I hid in a closet when they barged in. They seemed to be looking for my mother because they said her name once.
(Two of the gunmen's shadows move to the right, walking away from the living. The third walks left and arrives in the living room. The gunman turns to see the closet and turns a flashlight through the crack. As the young Aya nearly panics, Suzume covers her mouth as the gunman approaches. He slowly opens up the closet with his gun. Suzume quickly launches at the gunman and punches him in the face. The gunman falls back while his automatic rifle fires off a few rounds. Suzume takes Aya and runs out the closet and into the hallways as more gunshots are fired.)
Narrator Aya: One of them soon found us, but my mother knocked him down and we made a break for it. 
(Suzume and Aya together run out into the garden. They run around to see the house intact with some lights on. Suddenly, a large chunk of it bursts into flames and a fire starts consuming the entire house. The two girls watch in shock and awe at their burning home.)
Narrator Aya: We were lucky to escape.
(The two walk along a street. They turn to see a set of televisions reporting the destruction of the Masa's home. Aya's father is reported as one of the casualties with Aya and Suzume missing. Aya turns to a stoic Suzume, who holds only a few small stacks of money.)
Narrator Aya: But my father was killed, our home was gone, most our money was suddenly taken, and all of it was reported as a murder-suicide attempt.
(Aya hugs Suzume leg. After a few seconds, Suzume pushes her away to the side. Aya falls onto the ground and see her mother, confused and shocked by her mother's new behavior.)
Narrator Aya: It wasn't fair or right. But there was nothing we could do. My mom just said, "We'll deal with it".
(Back to current day, Aya looks at the present Suzume driving their car. Aya continues to look her with worry.)
Narrator Aya: Ever since that incident, my mother has become very protective of me. Always driving me to school, checking on me, and having strict rules even for when I go out.
(Aya turns away and looks out the window on the side. She leans on it and sighs as she watches a decaying park pass by.)
Narrator Aya: It really makes me want to break out of this lifestyle. But that's not the worst of it.
(Scene: Entrance to Arahi No. 28 School)
(The car stops at the school. Aya gets out and turns to her worried mother. She turns away and continues walking as the car drives away.)
Narrator Aya: What's more is school. Another nightmare.
(Aya walks along the hallway. She eventually finds Miki Tenjou standing.)
Aya: Hey Miki!
Miki: Hi Aya...
Aya: Looks like I'm not that late.
Miki: Your mother, I'm guessing.
Aya: Yes, this time she's the one who got up late. (sigh) She's really on my case all the time. Why is that?
Miki: I think you should talk to her about it.
Aya: I already tried, but she just--
Ashley: (nearby) Well, look who decided to come late today.
(Ashley comes with a crowd and approaches them. Some of the crowd watches.)
Aya: Ashley Haylon.
Ashley: And what reason would that be? Your little mama wouldn't leave you alone? (giggles)
Miki: Not as much as it would be if it were you.
Ashley: Boy, when did you start standing up for yourself all of a sudden? Did you forget my status over here, Miss Tenjou?
Miki: Doesn't mean that everyone has to love you.
Ashley: Oh dear. (a little louder) Is it just me, or do I sense there's a schoolgirl lesbian couple here? (giggles with some of the crowd)
(Aya is hurt by this. Miki puts a hand over Aya's chest)
Miki: (to Aya) Just ignore her, Aya. Like always.
Ashley: I guess I rest my case. The more you try to hide it, the more you prove it's true. (giggles)
Miki: Come on, Aya. Let's go.
Aya: Right.
(The two rush away from Ashley, who merely watches them.)
Ashley: (to herself) Losers...
(Scene: Classroom)
(Aya sits at her desk, very near the entrance to the classroom. She logs onto a computer and looks a set of recent test scores. She sees a very low grade with a note to be seen after school and Aya's hurt turns to angry. She looks at Ashley at a desk in the next row, who reveals her scores to be good and sticks her tongue out at Aya. Aya is even more stressed and angry by this.)
(Scene: Lunch hall)
(Aya constantly looks around with her lunch tray. She sees all the tables either completely full or have empty seats with the students staring at her. She looks down hurt by this, then over to a more vacant table in the corner with Miki. She walks over.)
Aya: (sigh, sitting next to Miki) Once again, just a table with me and you...
Miki: Me, and you, and--
(Chou Bo suddenly comes in with a mountain of food on her tray. She sits across from Miki, who backs her food up uncomfortably. Chou then starts to dig in with her food.)
Miki: And Chou.
Aya: And Chou.
Miki: Surprised how Chou can eat so much and still stay some skinny.
Chou: (stops, hurt by the comment) Miki...
Aya: I don't think she was really trying to insult you. Not like the other students at least. Actually, I like you no matter what people think of you.
(Chou still doesn't talk and now slowly eats. Aya sees Kyoko Liu suddenly rushes in and sits across from her.)
Aya: Kyoko!
Miki: (to Kyoko) I thought you weren't going to be at school today.
Kyoko: Can't talk. I got to eat quickly.
Aya: I know how that feels. What's been keeping you busy these days?
Kyoko: Aya, please not now.
Aya: (stressful sigh) Almost feels like we don't have anytime to talk about our problems. All I want is to help.
Miki: Aya, I think you should settle your own problems first.
Aya: Even that, I don't think I can handle it alone. (looks to the side, facing Ashley) And Ashley, because she has so many friends, she could always replace my best grades with hers and humiliate me with every chance she has. Someone's got to help me with that.
Kyoko: What COULD any of us do to help you with that?
Aya: Someone's got to speak up about it. Not everyone should just watch her and do nothing about it.
Miki: Ashley's family is one of the most powerful families here on Arahi. And she has control of society here at school. Speaking up about her cruelty will just ruin your life completely.
Aya: That I know. She's a stake being like this. She should be the one to get hammered down.
Kyoko: So would you.
Miki: Even with my family, such power at our age is a fantasy.
Aya: Maybe not me, but I wish someone could help!
Kyoko: You have to face reality.
(Scene: Outside of the school, evening)
(The bell rings for the end of school in the evening. Aya looks around out in the school gate. She goes through the crowd while hastily searching her surroundings and peaking through the walls for Ashley. After she gets far away from the school, she looks around once again and back where she came from. Aya sighs in relief and walks cautiously away.)
(Scene: An empty road)
(Aya continues walking until stop stops suddenly and kneels down.)
Aya: (sigh) I hate doing this. Why can't I just have a normal life without relying on luck?
(Aya hears a falcon screech. She turns left to see Athena in the sky. Athena flies towards Aya at her surprise.)
Aya: Athena?
(Athena lands on Aya's left shoulder and screeches.)
Aya: Athena? What are you doing here?
(Athena flies to her other shoulder and screeches again. Aya looks to the floor.)
Aya: I wouldn't mind if you came here to cheer me up. But I need more than just your help. I'm sick of being treated like I'm all on my own. After my father's death, my mother has become more strict than usual. And at the same time, school started treating me poorly. First Ashley starts bullying me, humiliating me, and even exploiting me for my talents. Then my friends and teachers give me less and less support. I don't know even if I'll eventually no longer be good or productive anymore. And though I can resist, how much power do I have?
(Athena screeches.)
Aya: (starts weeping) I know I can't give in now. I know gaining power through stealing and pain is not the right way to go. But how long will those ideals last? Besides, you are the only thing that keeps me going ever since I rescued you from what would be your lonely grave like all city falcons. And my mother still doesn't know about it yet. But even then, I know there's little possibility for you to pay me back and city falcons like you would not last for long. And when you're gone, what else is there will be for me to hold onto? 
(Athena screeches. Aya turns to Athena.)
Aya: So tell me, Athena. What is it? What do you want to show me?
(Athena looks towards the street and screeches. Aya faces the same direction. A small object then falls and lands on the sidewalk.)
Aya: Hm?
(Aya walks up to the object, revealed to be small white clean-cut cylindrical crystal.)
Aya: A crystal?
(Aya looks to the ground. The crystal suddenly flashes a bright white glow. Aya jumps upon seeing the flash and continues to watch the crystal's glow. She looks around the empty street, then stares at the glowing crystal.)
Aya: Hm...
(Aya looks at Athena. Athena screeches and Aya looks back at the still glowing crystal. The glowing eventually stops, but Aya puts the crystal in her bag and continues walking.)
(Scene: Aya's apartment complex)
(Aya opens up the door to the complex, then knocks on a nearby door. The owner, Detective Finch, opens the door for her.)
Finch: Hi there, Aya!
Aya: (feeling down) Hi Finch.
Finch: You're a little late today. What's going on?
Aya: Nothing worth reporting. May I come in?
Finch: Sorry, Aya. I have to leave now.
Aya: Already?
Finch: (walks out the door) Detective duty as always. Much more often than before. I can at least unlock your door.
Aya: Hm. Sorry if I'm being so rude, always coming into your house and hanging around for so long.
Finch: No, it's alright. But sometimes, I just feel like you should be with friends your own age more.
Aya: (looks down and away, sighs) I know.
Finch: After all, you can't keep on living like this. Always coming into my home to take shelter.
Aya: That I know, too.
Finch: Well, do you have any...you know, friends?
Aya: (sighs with guilt) I do, but they're just about as isolated as I am.
Finch: Still doesn't mean that should get in the way. One of these days, you're gonna have to find someone to be with rather than adults. It's not how you should live.
(Aya sighs)
Finch: (walking up a set of stairs) Anyway, the door is always open when you need to visit.
Aya: (low voice) Thanks.
(Scene: Aya's room, evening)
(Aya places her bag on a table, walks up to her window and opens up the curtains to see Athena.
Aya: Athena.
(Athena screeches. Aya opens the window and lets her hand out with more food. Athena once again nibbles in.)
Aya: Here you go again.
(Athena stops nibbling for a while. It turns toward Aya's bag and screeches. Aya looks at her bag, then opens it to take out the crystal. She stares at it, walking back towards the window. She lowers the crystal to see Athena also watching her.)
Aya: Could you have something to do with this?
(Athena screeches)
Aya: (reaches out hand to pet Athena) Well, even if it was a coincidence (looks at the crystal) or if this had no meaning, it's still good that you helped me find it.)
(Aya lets her hand back in and Athena shakes herself. The falcon screeches, then turns around to fly away. Aya merely sees Athena vanish into the sky, then looks back at her crystal. She closes the window and the curtains, then hears a door open.)
Suzume: (calling) Aya? Are you there?
Aya: (turning to her door) Right here, mother!
(Aya puts the crystal back in her bag.)
Suzume: It's time to prepare dinner now. Are you ready?
Aya: (walking to the door) I'm coming!
Narrator Aya: There were many things about the crystal I didn't know when I found it. How it fell from the sky out of thin air, why it kept glowing, if it meant anything, or if Athena was even involved.
(Scene's Aya's room, nighttime)
(Aya is in her bed, staring at the white crystal. She closes her eyes and sighs. The crystal flashes at her shock and she watches for a few more moments. She puts the crystal beside her, under her pillow and tries going to sleep. With Aya unaware, the crystal continues to flash.)
Narrator Aya: All I knew was after this day, my life started to change.

(Break)

(Scene: Outside Arahi No. 28, noon)
(Miki meets up with Aya at a wall corner.)
Miki: So what is this about? You seem desperate to show me.
Aya: That's because you're the one I trust the most. Of the three people I trust that is.
Miki: So, what is it then?
Aya: (reaches in her bag) To me. (takes out the crystal and shows it to Miki) It's this.
Miki: A crystal?
Aya: I found it on my way home from school just yesterday.
Miki: Doesn't look like much. It could be made out of sheer glass.
Aya: I don't think it is. There must be something more to it than that.
Miki: Don't always think so idealistically. It could be some fake plastic and nothing else.
(Aya feels let down from the comment. The crystal then suddenly glows to the girls' surprise.)
Miki: How is it doing that?
Aya: (plays with the crystal) I don't know. All I just do is feel very down, then it suddenly glows like that.
Miki: There must be something in it.
Aya: (looks around the crystal) I don't see anything in it that would cause that. And there doesn't seem to be a way to open it.
Miki: Hm.
Aya: I hope you could help me hide this from Ashley.
Miki: I don't know. That would make her more suspicious of you.
Aya: Just for once. Until I have some place safe for it.
Miki: (looks away) I'll do what I can for today. But that's about as much as I can give you.
Aya: Thanks, Miki. I'll owe you for this.
(Scene: Outside Arahi No. 28, late afternoon)
(School bell rings. Aya leaves through the school entrance with Miki close behind. Aya sees her friend, then Ashley further behind. Aya sneaks off and both Ashley and Miki see her. Ashley also runs to pursue Aya. Miki notices Ashley from behind and walks to impede her. Ashley merely knocks her to the side.)
Ashley: Move it, bitch!
(Miki falls down and a few others get caught by her and trip. Even Ashley is victim to it. Aya watches the incident from far away. She shows a partial smile, then continues to run. Ashley gets up from the fall and notices Miki. She finds Aya taking a turn from a distance and pursues. Meanwhile, Aya sees a very long train coming at a railroad crossing. She runs faster, even as two metal gates start to close the crossing. She luckily makes it before the gates close. She looks back and continues to run, but at a normal pace. Ashley comes to the railroad crossing and watches the closing gates. She tries to run to catch up, but fails miserably as she runs into the gates. She falls back and gets up to watch the coming train completely block her view.)
Ashley: Next time, you won't be so lucky...
(Aya continues to run until she reaches an important turn on the right. She begins to slow down to catch her breath along the road. She eventually stops and crouches down to relax.)
Aya: (sigh) Close one...
(Aya reaches in her bag and picks up the crystal inside. She sits at a curb and keeps the crystal in her left palm. A while later, Aya looks to the street she came from, then hangs down.)
Aya: (to herself) How much more trouble could I get in?
(A large metallic sound is suddenly heard and Aya raises up. She quickly looks around the completely empty streets to find where the sound came from. More noise is heard, involving people and electronic sounds, and Aya finds it coming from further down the street. She picks up her bag, puts the crystal in her shirt's right side pocket, and walks down the street.)
(Scene: An alleyway along the road.)
(Aya quickly peeks in an alleyway, tracing the source of the noise. She gasps, seeing a duo of street thugs with lead pipes, a number of small drones, and the magical girl Shizuko Ayumi fighting them. Shizuko flips and cuts through a Pincher with her knife. She ducks to dodge bullets while throwing another knife at a Shuriken, breaking it apart. One of the thugs comes from behind her; Shizuko sees and spins him to the ground with a kick. She slices a charging Shuriken and leaps into the air, holding onto the walls with her feet.)
Aya: (to herself) What's going on here? Who is this girl?
(Shizuko grabs knives made from the brick walls. Looking upward she sees Aya and notices her crystal.)
Shizuko: (to herself) The crystal...
Thug 1: (calling to Shizuko) Hey, you brat! You gonna stand up there or something!?
(Aya sees the thug about to throw his pipe. Gasping, she drops her bag and runs to pick up a wooden stick. The thug already throws the pipe at Shizuko and Aya freezes. Shizuko hops down to avoid t and lands on her hands with her legs locked on the other thug's neck.)
Thug 2: (struggling) Get your dirty legs off me you!
(Shizuko uses her legs to rapidly kick the thug down. She jumps backward to stand upright. She sees the first thug with an aggressive look, then the pipe thundering down and backs up to avoid it, kicking the second thug down at the same time. She looks up again to see Aya coming from behind the first thug, who notices Shizuko's strange look and turns around. Aya whacks him to the ground with the stick, but the thug recovers quickly and punches her, dropping her crystal and stick. Shizuko is shocked by this, but is then surrounded by a few more drones. She strikes two Shurikens, but gets knocked down by the second thug. She continues to see Aya avoiding the first thug's pipe.)
Shizuko: (calling to Aya) The crystal!
(Aya looks to the downed Shizuko, who rolls to avoid another attack. She looks at her crystal.)
Aya: The crystal...
(Aya grabs the crystal and stick beside her before rising up.)
Shizuko: (dodging) Use it to transform!
Aya: I don't know how! (blocks an attack and spins)
Shizuko: Just tap your mind into the crystal and you'll transform.
Aya: Tap your mind? (barely dodges an attack by stepping back)
(Aya's stick is knocked out of her hands by another attack. She sees the thug charging at her.)
Thug 1: You're finished!
(Aya closes her eyes while holding tightly on the crystal. The crystal then glows very brightly, blinding the attacking thug and attracting attention from the others. Two large white circles, one above and another on the ground, appear and center on Aya. She opens her eyes, being shocked and looking hesitantly at what's going on around her. The two circles fade into a light brown color as they sandwich into the center of Aya. They shrink into Aya, who then sees herself completely bright light-brown and naked. A metal gauntlet manifests on her left arm, then a left metal boot, right boot, and right gauntlet. Afterwards, Aya sees a dark brown cloak appearing with a pendant, then a light brown skirt, and scabbard on her left side. She looks in front of her to see crystal transforming itself into a life-sized sword. As the bright colors fade out, Aya looks around herself as a magical girl and at her sword.)
Aya: (to herself) Impossible...
(A few drones turn to face Aya as Shizuko and the second thug watch. The first thug recovers after being blinded by the transformation.)
Thug 1: This still means nothing!
(Aya sees the charging thug coming after her and panics a little. She barely dodges the thug's attack and pushes him away with her sword. She sees several drones coming towards her and she swings her sword around when they are close. Two drones dodge her swings, but she successfully cuts through a Shuriken. She sees a Pincher close to her, jumps to crush it, and stabs it with her sword. She is later hit in the back by the first thug and hits the ground hard. Shizuko sees this while avoiding the enemy attacks. She quickly knocks down the second thug hard with a kick, throws two knives to destroy nearby Shurikens, and rushes to Aya. Aya avoids another attack by the first thug and groin kicks him before getting up and punching him in the face. Shizuko comes in to kick him twice, knocking him down. The duo sees three more drones heading towards them: two Shurikens, one Pincher. The flying drones fire at the girls. Aya ducks while running towards the Pincher. Shizuko evades while creating two more knives with the sidewalk. Shizuko throws the knives at the Shurikens, destroying them, and Aya repeatedly slams her sword at the evading Pincher. Aya breaks the left side and Shizuko uses another knife to stab and finish off the drone. The two look around to see all the drones destroyed and the thugs knocked down. Aya observes her sword, finding it light yet realistic. She looks down and gives a big sigh of relief. Shizuko walks a little towards Aya.)
Shizuko: You definitely need improvement.
(Aya looks to her.)
Shizuko: But I know you'll improve.
Aya: I just wanted to help. That's all. (tries to lean on her sword, but it slips)
Shizuko: I appreciate it.
Aya: (walks to Shizuko) By the way, who are you?
Shizuko: (turns her head away in guilt) No one ever asked me that.
(Aya is shocked to hear.)
Shizuko: Shizuko. Shizuko Ayumi.
Aya: Shizuko? That's a nice name. I'm Aya. Aya Masa.
Shizuko: (still not looking at Aya, but thinking) Aya...Sounds much nicer.
Aya: (looking down in discomfort) Well, not really when it comes to school...
Shizuko: I don't think so. You should be proud.
(The girls watch the two thugs get up and retreat out of the alley.)
Thug 2: This isn't over, magical girls!
(The two rush into a car and drive away down the street.)
Aya: (to Shizuko) Magical girls?
Shizuko: And now, they'll also be coming for you.
Aya: Those thugs?
Shizuko: The AMF.
Aya: Hm? (sees Shizuko walking into the street, rushes towards her) Wait! Where are you going!?
Shizuko: I'm leaving here.
Aya: Are you going somewhere? Like do you have a home or something?
Shizuko: No. Not even a family.
Aya: So, you're an orphan?
Shizuko: Yes, we girls all are.
Aya: (to herself in shock) Really... (Thinks for while, then continues walking towards Shizuko) Well, not all of us are. You could just stay at my home. At least for now.
Shizuko: I'd prefer not. You'll only get us killed.
Aya: I don't think so. You say we're both magical girls, right? And they'd be coming after us, right? Isn't it better to stay together then?
Shizuko: You still don't know what you're dealing with here.
Aya: (more serious) I still want to know! I can no longer just watch people get hurt without knowing what's wrong! I want to know what's going on here, and now I can finally help!
Shizuko: You'll only know how truly helpless you are.
Aya: (starts crying out) I still want to take that risk! I even think we could be friends. All I want to do is help. (pause) Please...just this once.
Shizuko: (pauses, then gives in with a sigh) Just for now. Until you're ready to stand on your own.
Aya: I should be ready. You don't need to worry.
Shizuko: Okay then. (looks up to Aya, who gives a friendly smile) But first. 
(Shizuko raises her knife in front of her and closes her eyes. She glows brightly, then fades back, wearing ragged clothes. The knife transforms back into a white cylindrical crystal to Aya's surprise.)
Aya: (surprised) That crystal...
Shizuko: I know. It's the same with your sword.
(Aya curiously raises her sword the same way Shizuko did with her knife.)
Shizuko: Tap your mind into it, just like the crystal.
(Aya closes her eyes. She suddenly glows brightly and returns to her normal outfit. She opens her eyes to her crystal where her sword was.)
Aya: Hmm.
Shizuko: Surprised? 
Aya: Unbelievable...
Shizuko: I'll explain later.
Aya: My home is that way.
Shizuko: (turns around) Oh.
(Shizuko walks back to Aya, who picks up her bag. The two walk together side by side. Shizuko stops for a moment and faces Aya)
Shizuko: One more thing.
(Aya stops turns to Shizuko.)
Shizuko: When you say...that we could be friends, what did you mean by that?
Aya: Because whatever you feel...I think I feel the same way. You are not alone.
(Shizuko nods and the two continue walking together.)
(To be continued, Ending)
(Next Episode)
Shizuko: Now that Aya is a magical girl, the Anti-Magic Faction is likely coming for her soon. She doesn't look like she has skills yet. And being with her too long could get me in trouble. Well, I can at least tell her what I know and spar for once. Just hope she doesn't come apart too quickly. Next Episode.
(End)
Back to top Go down
JameyoftheMegacosmos
Civilian

Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Universal Lady Justice Aya   Universal Lady Justice Aya EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 5:18 pm

Alright! Second episode!

Episode 2: What you're involved in

Written by: Mister Drake/JameyoftheMegacosmos

Setting:

Complex Basement- The concrete basement very below Aya's apartment complex. Most of the space is empty flooring, containing only a few shelves for tools, a couple lights, panels for controlling the building's utilities, and a set of washing machines. It is still rarely visited by the tenants or the owner, making it perfect for one to arrange activity.

Mind Landscape- An alternate world that is usually shaped like a large brain with gas clouds of certain colors and brick wall lining. The sides would show visuals of certain memories by the host, but no sound. Aya can also heal or tamper with the host's body via the nervous system.

Finch's Apartment- The main home of the Aya's complex owner. Made up of a bathroom, kitchen, living room, and a bedroom.

Script:

(Opening)
(Previous Recap: 1)
Aya: As you can see, my life has always been like usual stories. Whether at school or home, I was always beat by it. That is until this strange crystal appeared and I carried it home. The next day, a young girl named Shizuko Ayumi was in trouble and so I came to her aid. After which, I wanted her to stay with me, wanting to know more...
(Title)

(Scene: Outside Aya's)
(Aya and Shizuko continue to walk together down the streets.)
Aya: I'm quite surprised that you're a magical girl. I only read about them in stories or watch them in films, but didn't think they'd exist in real life.
Shizuko: (emotionless) Yes. Now you found one.
Aya: And I'm one, too. (looks to Shizuko) Say Shizuko?
Shizuko: Hm? (looks to Aya)
Aya: When you said you were an orphan, why is that?
Shizuko: (pause, looks away) That is nothing to worry about.
Aya: Hmm.
(Shizuko stops to look around. Aya stops with her.)
Aya: (faces Shizuko, curious) What is it?
Shizuko: (faces forward again) Nothing. I want to go to your home.
(Aya suddenly sees a spherical aura in the shape of a brick wall surrounding Shizuko.)
Shizuko: (looking at Aya) What is it?
Aya: (shakes) Nothing. (looks away) My home isn't far from here. Just another block and we're there.
(Scene: Aya's Apartment Complex)
(Aya opens the door to the complex. Shizuko comes in and looks inside.)
Shizuko: So this...is your home?
Aya: No, this is a set of homes. Mine is upstairs.
Shizuko: Oh.
(Aya walks to a set of stairs leading to the basement.)
Shizuko: Where are you going?
Aya: The basement. There, we can talk more.
(Shizuko nods and follows her.)
(Scene: Complex Basement)
Shizuko: So this is your basement?
Aya: Well, the basement for the complex. People don't really come here.
(Aya looks at the washing machines.)
Aya: Unless they need things like laundry. (turns back to Shizuko) But even that's rare.
Shizuko: (looks around) Are you sure this is safe?
Aya: It would take a very loud noise for someone to hear us. And even then, it takes a while for someone to come down. So we'll have time to cover up before anyone finds out.
Shizuko: Cover up?
Aya: (shakes head) Never mind. We're just free to do or say anything for now.
Shizuko: I see.
Aya: I just want to know what this magical girl thing is about and maybe I could help. You can explain it all in full detail if you need to.
(Shizuko looks around and faces Aya.)
Shizuko: I guess I should.
(Aya nods. Shizuko takes out her crystal and raises it at mid-height.)
Shizuko: This is a Hope Crystal. Like what you have in your pocket.
(Aya takes out her crystal and observes it.)
Aya: Hope Crystal...
Shizuko: It's the main tool one needs to transform and gain their powers. Once you've first tapped into the crystal, you register as a magical girl.
Aya: Register...
Shizuko: They're a link to your powers. As long as you have a crystal, you get your powers.
Aya: So they're like a computer connecting to the web, right?
Shizuko: Only one person can use it at a time.
Aya: It’s good to know that I could use any of them. But, where do they come from?
Shizuko: No one knows. Only that they manifest near those who are helpless, desperate, innocently harmed people with a desire to break free. This crystal appears and you gain powers once you tap into it.
Aya: Desire?
Shizuko: That is what your powers are based on.
Aya: I see. A desire is a definite cause of suffering.
Shizuko: Yes, these powers are made to help you. But you have to learn them yourself and they're only there until you are finished.
Aya: Finished? Like they're not permanent?
Shizuko: They're usually made to help you and your suffering, especially the most painful kind. Once that is done, these powers could be lost.
Aya: (looks away, staring at her crystal, sighs) Well, at least I'll be living a happier life afterward.
Shizuko: Losing your abilities is not what's dangerous.
(Aya turns to her.)
Shizuko: When you are a magical girl, you're also a target.
Aya: The AMF?
Shizuko: Yes.
Aya: What does it mean?
Shizuko: (sighs, slowly) Anti-Magic Faction.
Aya: (gasps in shock) You mean--
Shizuko: Yes. The Anti-Magic Faction hunts down magical girls. And because you're one, they will come after you.
Aya: Why would they do such a thing?
Shizuko: No one knows. Very few were able to talk to AMF members about why they do it. For a reason, they want to kill us. Those who know why can't get away alive.
Aya: Doesn't seem that bad if thugs and little robots are all they have...
Shizuko: Aya, you don't know what you're involved in.
Shizuko: The AMF is more than a group of thugs and drones. Governments, corporations, media, religion, armies. They control every level of society. They're able to destroy everything about themselves and us and hide it all from everyone.
(Aya suddenly feels very guilty and looks away.)
Aya: And I thought my life had gotten better...
Shizuko: That's why I'll train you.
Aya: (looks back) Train me?
Shizuko: What you call sparring.
Aya: (shrugging) I guess we could do that.
Shizuko: It'll help you fin your powers and use them against the AMF.
Aya: In that case.
(Aya back up a little and raises her crystal)
Aya: Shall we?
Shizuko: (nods, raises her crystal higher) Let's begin.
(They raise the crystals together in their hands.)
Shizuko: Once again.
(Aya nods. They close their eyes and transform slowly into their magical girl outfits. They open their eyes as Aya checks her outfit, seeing the same as before with the crystal now a sword in her hands. Aya smiles as she wields it and sees Shizuko with a knife.)
Aya: So how should it go?
Shizuko: Simple. We fight with our weapons until one of us gets knocked down or gets close to a kill.
Aya: Similar to kendo.
Shizuko: (nods) It'll help you find your powers, too.
Aya: We have about an hour to work on this. Though please go easy on me to start.
(Shizuko uses the ground to get another knife.)
Aya: And not use much of the floor.
Shizuko: Whatever suits you?
Aya: (nods, wields her sword) Well then, ready?
(Shizuko nods and places her knives in front. The two charge at each other and come to a clash. While the two clash weapons at each other, Aya guards against Shizuko's quick attacks. Her opponent easily dodges her simple sword attacks and she loses balance. Shizuko, who knocks her down, draws a knife at her neck to end the match. Aya faces Shizuko giving an uneasy smile.)
Aya: Guess you win this time.
(Shizuko nods and draws back her knife. Aya stands up and walks backward a little. She raises her sword again.)
Aya: Another go?
(Shizuko nods. They charge at each other again. Aya recognizes a few attacking moves from before and tries to counter them. She continues to swing her sword at Shizuko, who knocks it out of her hands and puts a knife at her neck to end the match. Shizuko puts down the knife and Aya looks down at her sword on the ground.)
Aya: (sigh) You beat me again.
(Aya walks to sword and crouches down to pick it up.)
Shizuko: You must be nervous.
Aya: (standing up) Hm?
Shizuko: Try gripping the sword and move faster.
Aya: This is still new. I’m not used to this.
Shizuko: Calm down. Don’t let anything in your mind.
Aya: (oblivious) Okay…
(After a pause, Aya partly nods and raises her sword again. She suddenly sees the same spherical wall aura surrounding Shizuko. Aya gives a surprised look in her eyes to see the aura, but focuses more on Shizuko as it disappears. They go into battle stances and charge again. Aya becomes a little faster and tighter with her sword, blocking a few attacks much easier.  She even gives a few close strikes to Shizuko and nearly knocks one out of her hand. Aya is knocked off again and backs away. Shizuko attempts to finish the duel with her right knife. Aya sees this and quickly swings her sword to counter only to see the wall aura appear again. The sword strikes the aura and massive electric sparks come from it, attracting both girls' attention. Suddenly, Aya sees all of reality twist and warp.)
(Scene: Mind Landscape)
(Aya sees the whole scene now an alternate reality. She looks around a while to see the somewhat spherical and gas cloud-like surroundings.)
Aya: W-Where am I?
(Suddenly a bright light shines behind Aya. Aya looks around and upward to see a large elliptical visual. She is first blinded, but later sees a mansion-like hallway with two adults on the side. Eventually, the adults stop and turn around to the side. The visual also turns sideways to mirror, showing Shizuko in nice clothes.)
Aya: Shizuko?
(The visual then changes to a school scene through Shizuko's eyes. She sees many other kids looking at her with mean looks. A few kids push her onto the ground. She looks around by people's feet, then down on the ground. Aya feels hurt upon seeing the memory.)
Aya: Shizuko...
(Bushes within a caged garden are shown. Shizuko merely touches the buds and fruits as she looks down more onto the ground. She jerks upward to see an object nearby a tree and walks over, finding it to be a Hope Crystal.)
Aya: Hm…the Hope Crystal...
(Shizuko picks it up and looks down again while closing her eyes. An unexpected flash is made and Shizuko opens her eyes quickly to see her transformation. Aya grins, but has a confused face. She looks away from the visual.)
Aya: Hm, I think I should get out of here.
(Suddenly, the landscape stretches again at Aya's shock. The scene starts to warp itself back into real world.)
(Aya returns to reality and hears echoes of loud electric noise. She sees that her sword is close to Shizuko's neck. She looks to the side and sees Shizuko's knives next to her throat. The two girls stare at each other.)

(Break)

(The two girls continue to stare with their weapons at each other's throats. They put their weapons down.)
Aya: Did you see that?
Shizuko: How did you do it?
Aya: I don't know.
(Suddenly, the washing machine buzzes and the girls are panicked by it. The buzzing stops, but a nearby opening door is heard followed by footsteps.)
Aya: This isn't good.
(Shizuko transforms back and hides by holding onto the walls and shelves in mid-air. Aya sees her, but only transforms back to her normal clothes. She puts her Hope Crystal back in her pocket and walks to the washing machines. Moments later, Finch is revealed walking down from the basement. He's surprised to see Aya down in the basement.)
Finch: Aya?
Aya: (looks to Finch) Oh, hi Finch!
Finch: How long have you been down here for?
Aya: Well, since I came home.
Finch: (looks down, shakes) Thank heavens. I didn't think you had come home yet. (looks at Aya) What were you doing here all this time?
(Shizuko suddenly slips and falls to the ground. Aya and Finch turn towards her as she gets up.)
Finch: Who's this?
Aya: (to Finch) She's a friend of mine.
(Shizuko looks at Aya curiously.)
Finch: Really? Didn't hear anything from your mother about her.
Aya: That's because she's new. We've only known each other for a while. So I wanted to come and talk to her.
Finch: Hm, interesting. (shakes, looks to Shizuko) Well, pleased to meet you....uh.
Aya: Shizuko.
Finch: Hm. (nods) Pleased to meet you, Shizuko.
(Shizuko nods.)
Aya: Mind if we came to your apartment, Finch?
Finch: (pause) I won’t have much time, but sure for a bit.
(Finch turns around back to the stairs. Aya
(Scene: Finch's Apartment, afternoon)
(Aya, Shizuko, and Finch enter.)
Finch: I heard a loud noise and wanted to know what was up.
Aya: I think it was the washing machines you were hearing.
Finch: You should at least warn me when you're bringing somebody over, Aya. Your mother wouldn't like this.
Aya: I know, Finch. You don't have to repeat it.
(Aya puts down her bag at the kitchen table.)
Aya: I could actually use a snack. Do you have anything here I could eat?
Finch: Not much other than some fruit. That's about it.
Shizuko: Fruit?
Aya: (faces Shizuko) As in apples?
Shizuko: I know what fruit is. I'm a little...experienced with them.
Finch: Experienced?
Aya: You mean as in cooking?
Shizuko: Yes. (faces Finch) May I see what you have?
(Shizuko looks at the nearby food. There isn't much for her, but she looks around and gathers a few items. She gets a knife and starts working quickly. Finch and Aya, who are working separately, watch carefully at her work. A while later, Finch and the girls eat some of Shizuko's fruit snacks at the kitchen table.)
Aya: I must admit, Shizuko. This is pretty good what you made.
Finch: I agree. Despite your strange arrival, you sure are a good chef.
Shizuko: Thanks...it's the best I can make.
Aya: To be honest, it much better than my mother's. She's not a bad cook, but likes making some strange creations, which can be...unsettling.
Shizuko: Thanks.
Finch: But there is one question I have...why are you in ragged clothing?
Aya: (pause) Shizuko is an orphan.
Finch: (shocked) An orphan?
Aya: She didn't have a home, so I wanted to give her a place to come before leaving.
Shizuko: I apologize if I'm being so unsettling.
Finch: Usually, I would be because of your unexpected appearance.
Aya: Still doesn't mean you can't be nice. Especially since she's a young girl and needs help.
Finch: (looking at a watch) I don't think it may last long. Especially for the time.
Aya: (shocked) You're right. (to Shizuko) It's time you should leave. Before my mom finds out.
(Shizuko nods and heads to a nearby window.)
Finch: Where do you think you're going?
(Shizuko stops and turns around.)
Shizuko: The window. So her mother won't find me.
Aya: (to Finch) I think she knows what she's doing. She'll be fine.
Finch: Hm.
(Aya gets up and walks to Shizuko.)
Aya: Good luck, Shizuko. Hope we meet again.
(Shizuko gives a small nod. She turns away and exits through the window. Aya and Finch smile as they watch.)
Finch: Actually, I’ve got to get going, too.
(Aya turns to Finch.)
Finch: I'll unlock the door to your home. And keep quiet about your new friend. For now.
(Aya nods and walks back.)
Aya: Thanks.
(Scene: Aya's room, nighttime)
(Aya is in her bed, thinking over the past events.)
Shizuko: (thought) The Anti-Magic Faction is an organization that hunts down magical girls.
Aya: (thought) Finished? Like they're not permanent?
Shizuko: (thought) The AMF is more than a group of thugs and drones.
Aya: (thought) So, you're an orphan?
Shizuko: (thought) Yes, we girls all are.
Shizuko: (thought) Aya, you don't know what you're involved in.
(Aya shakes her head and turns to the right side.)
Aya: Would they really come after me? (pause) Would become like her (pause) Would I become an orphan, too?
(Scene: Aya's home, morning)
(Suzume and Aya are eating across from a table.)
Aya: What's with the rush, mother?
Suzume: I’ve got to head to work early. So I need you to be ready to walk to school as quickly as possible.
Aya: (still in low tone) I know, mother.
(Suzume looks up to Aya, who's slowly eating.)
Suzume: Eat quickly!
Aya: I know!
Suzume: What's keeping you, then?
Aya: (pause, sigh, quickly eats) Nothing.
Suzume: I know it's something, Aya. What is it?
Aya: I told you! It's nothing!
(Aya finishes quickly and aggressively runs out with her bag. Suzume sees her walk out the door and turns her head in concern.)
(Scene: Empty Street)
(Aya walks alone slowly. She stops one time to look around.)
Aya: (sigh, to herself) I wonder if I'll see Shizuko again...
(Aya continues walking, facing the ground. Suddenly, a landing is heard close by and Aya finds Shizuko as a magical girl.)
Aya: (smiles, to herself) Spoke too soon.
(Aya runs to see the fallen Shizuko, who gets up a moment later.)
Aya: Shizuko!
(Shizuko looks up to see Aya approaching her. She shows no emotion to the new encounter.)
Aya: Shizuko, what are you doing here?
Shizuko: Running. You shouldn't be here, Aya.
Aya: From whom?
(A car is heard and Aya looks to the right. It comes to the empty street towards the girls. Aya recognizes the car and steps back with a hand in her right pocket. Shizuko sees Aya and turns toward the car with her hands in her pockets. The car stops and the doors open to reveal the two thugs from before. The thugs walk a little towards the girls with lead pipes carried behind them. They charge towards the girls with their weapons.)
Thug 1: So we thought. We've come to see you again.
(Aya jumps to the side as the first thug swings between the girls. Shizuko jumps to the other side and the first thug turns to strike her again. The second thug strikes Aya from the side and she falls to the ground.)
Thug 2: You really trashed us the last time and left a huge hole in our wallet!
(The second thug slams his pipe at Aya, who avoids it. She gets up quickly and jumps backward to avoid another swing across. As the second thug comes closer, Aya grabs the pipe. The two tug on the weapon.)
Aya: Shouldn’t that mean you guys are better off leaving us alone?
Thug 2: No, but that's why we had to buy a little extra.
Aya: Extra?
(The second thug yanks the pipe forward and knocks Aya backward. Aya lands on her back. Shizuko flips back to avoid another attack and lands next to Aya. The girls see a large swarm of Shuriken and Pincher drones coming out the thugs' car. The thugs continue walking forward with their pipes in front.)
Thug 1: You were just lucky the last time. We were caught unprepared to deal with another magical trainee.
(Aya gets her Hope Crystal out.)
Thug 2: Let's see if you were now prepared for this!
(The two thugs and the drones charge at the girls. Aya places her crystal in front and transforms. She looks around, surprised by the quick transformation sequence. She refocuses attention to the first thug, already close enough for a strike, and hesitantly raises her sword to block. Aya is quickly pushed back, but continues to block the first thug's attacks. Shizuko is quickly surrounded by gun-armed Shurikens and has trouble dodging the attacks. She acquires more knives with the street asphalt and throws them at a few drones. The second thug appears as she gains more knives and whacks her down easily with his pipe. Aya, close to Shizuko, is distracted by her fall.)
(The first thug knocks Aya off balance and whacks Aya in the face, especially the nose. Aya spins and starts falling near Shizuko. Suddenly, her sword strikes the now invisible wall aura around Shizuko, creating sparks. Reality begins to warp again.)
(Scene: Mind Landscape)
(Aya hesitantly looks around the alternative world.)
Aya: (looking quickly) Again?
(Aya is distracted by another set of visuals in the landscape. Through her eyes, the visual shows Shizuko beaten on the ground. She keeps trying to get up, but is constantly beat down. After a few attempts, she's put down on the ground with her face to the side. Aya has her hands on her face and looks down.)
Aya: Shizuko...
(Aya looks up again to see Shizuko picked up and her face turned upwards to reveal her magical girl outfit and her father being the attacker. She's carried to somewhere outside, then tossed while facing a gate and her yelling father. The father then slams the gate down, has it locked, and walks furiously back into the house. Shizuko then walks up and turns around with her head down. The Aya looks down again in sorry.)
Aya: So this is why you refused to tell me.
(Aya recalls her past memories: Her running through the living room of her old home while gunshots are being fired, her and Suzume watching their house burn down, her being knocked down by her mother. She also recalls herself being thrown down to the ground, lying on the floor helplessly while Ashley looks down at her with a smirk.)
Aya: And I knew that I wasn't alone. Being treated poorly by parents or even losing them, rendered an orphan in a way...
(Aya returns to the present.)
Aya: (looks up, to herself) Shizuko, you're not alone. Whatever happens, I'll do what I can to help you. Make sure your struggles are not in vain.
(Aya suddenly jumps by a light rumbling. Aya looks around hesitantly to see bright purple auras manifesting. The surround cave in on Aya.)
Aya: What-What's happening?
(The auras move closer and start entering Aya's body. Aya covers her head, feeling pain.)
Aya: This...energy...This rush of...knowledge. How!
(The auras completely enter into Aya's body. A moment later, Aya, now more alert, looks around quickly again. She then recalls the current battle.)
Aya: (looks down) I've got to get out of here. And help Shizuko now!
(The landscape warps itself again. Aya sees the change of reality and closes her eyes.)
(Aya returns to the real world, falling down from the hit earlier. She and Shizuko land on the pavement as the two and nearby drones surround them.)
Thug 1: Like I said, you girls were just lucky. Even lucky to make it this far.
(Aya looks up to see the first thug raise his pipe.)
Thug 1: Stay down where you belong.
(Aya raises her sword and blocks the attack at the thug's shock. Aya then punches the thug hard in the face, knocking him down. She rises back on her feet as Shizuko and the second thug look at her.)
Thug 2: You little!
(The second thug charges at her. Shizuko notices and puts her arm out to trip him. Aya sees the thug and ignores him while she's down, focusing on the drones. Several drones charge after Aya, who destroys two Shurikens and damages three others in a single strike. She jumps onto an attacking Pincher and slashes down on another Shuriken. She turns around to stab the wildly moving Pincher and jump onto another one. The other tries to shake off Aya, who cuts through a jumping Pincher. Shizuko watches her while still down.)
Shizuko: (to herself) How did she get good so fast?
(Shizuko sees the second thug get up hesitantly. She also quickly gets up to tackle him from behind, but is thrown back down to the ground. She struggles to get back on her feet. Aya sees the second thug with the mounted Pincher facing towards him. She jumps down in front of the Pincher's lens. Aya jumps back up when the thug is close and the Pincher crosses its scythes to slightly cut his right ankle. The second crouches down to cover the light cut and Aya stabs the Pincher to destroy it. Two more jumping Pinchers and a charging Shuriken attack Aya in three separate directions. She ducks to vertically slice a Pincher and the other drones destroy each other. Aya sees the first thug, now recovered, charging at her and locks his pipe with her sword.)
Thug 1: No matter how good you got quickly, you're still going down!
(Aya lets go and ducks under the pipe.)
Aya: Not now!
(Aya slightly strikes the first thug's legs with her sword. It strains the thug as Aya strikes his legs with her fist, make him trip. Shizuko and the second thug both get up again. Shizuko attacks from behind again and kicks him multiple times while throwing knives at incoming drones. The final kick spins the second thug and knocks him out. Aya continues go after the drones, destroying two more Shurikens and splitting a Pincher. She looks back to see an armed Shuriken firing at her. She dodges the shots or blocks them with her armor, then runs to the Shuriken to cut through it. Two Pinchers come towards her, but Shizuko’s knives destroy one and Aya destroys the other. Another Pincher tries to attack Aya from the side, but Aya and Shizuko simultaneously strike it down. The first thug gets up one last time to attack Aya and Shizuko both strike him down, knocking him out cold. Aya looks around the destroyed drones, empty car, and knocked out thugs.)
Aya: (sighs) Close one...
Shizuko: Your fighting improved.
Aya: (looks to Shizuko) You really think so?
Shizuko: I am surprised how fast you learn.
Aya: Well, I still need some improvement.
(Shizuko nods. Aya looks around the scene again.)
Aya: I wonder if anyone's going to notice this...
Shizuko: Someone will.
Aya: At least the thugs are just knocked out.
Shizuko: We should get moving.
Aya: (walks to her bag) And I have to go to school.
Shizuko: Go to school?
Aya: (faces Shizuko) Yes, maybe you can walk with me?
Shizuko: I'd prefer not.
Aya: I need to continue going to school. I think it's best if we walked together. Actually, you're the main reason why I was able to fight well.
Shizuko: Hm?
Aya: (shook her head) Never mind. But still, it's better if we were in groups, right? Rather than alone?  Shouldn't that be a good reason for us to stay together?
Shizuko: (pause, looks down) Okay then.
Aya: Thanks. (transforms back, picks up her bag) I really appreciate it, Shizuko.
Shizuko: (nods) Where should we go?
Aya: (points the direction) This way where I was going. I can lead you there.
(Shizuko nods. The two continue walking together. Aya eventually turns her head to Shizuko.)
Aya: In case you're wondering, I'm not just doing this for myself.
(Shizuko looks at Aya.)
Aya: I'm also doing this for you.
Shizuko: Why?
Aya: Because the way you've been improving my life, I think I can also do the same for you.
Shizuko: (pause, looks forward again) Really...
(Next Episode)
Shizuko: Aya may have shown the will to fight the last time, but is she really going to keep up? Especially with a new rival being involved. Hold on, Aya has my powers now? How did she get that? And why does she want to take me in? Does her mother not allow friends? Next episode.
(End)
Back to top Go down
JameyoftheMegacosmos
Civilian

Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Universal Lady Justice Aya   Universal Lady Justice Aya EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 8:42 am

Third Episode!

Part 1 Episode 3: How did you do that?

Updated Setting:

Arahi No. 28 High School- Aya's school nearby her apartment. It is protected by walls and a fence-like gate for the entrance both on foot and by car. Also has a dormitory building on the corner for orphaned and preparatory students.

Introduced Characters:

John Livarre- An Outer Circle member of the AMF whom is proficient in combat. Carries a katana and a handheld rifle.

Script:

(Opening)
(Previous Recap: 2)
Aya: Now that I'm a magical girl, I've become a target for some organization that hunts them. They're called The Anti-Magic Faction. Well, I at least got to have a sparring match and learned more of my powers. Also learning about Shizuko's life, I could see why she says I'll be helpless as a magical girl. But how can I prove her wrong if sword fighting and mind tapping are the only powers I know?
(Title)
(Scene: Empty Road)
(Aya and Shizuko walk together along the left side of the sidewalk.)
Shizuko: So, you just want me to walk to school with you?
Aya: For now. Thought it would be better, so could talk. And since that battle made me late, you could at least help me with an excused.
Shizuko: (pause, looks away) It's been a while since I've been to a school.
Aya: The schools I go to are public. Usually, they allow easy admission. Somewhat. Maybe one day, you could try going to one.
(Aya sees Shizuko not responding.)
Aya: Or maybe not since you would be so behind.
Shizuko: Yes. Behind.
(The girls turn left into a large empty warehouse.)
(Scene: Empty Warehouse)
(Aya and Shizuko walk inside. Shizuko observes the surroundings.)
Shizuko: Aya, do you know where we're going?
Aya: I take this route whenever I walk to school. It's a quicker way despite it being unusual.
Shizuko: Are you worried?
Aya: What do you mean?
Shizuko: Because this is unusual, are you worried?
Aya: (shakes) Not really. There isn't much to expect from here.
Shizuko: Hm.
(Shizuko stops and puts Aya's hand over. Aya also stops and turns to Shizuko.)
Shizuko: Wait.
(Shizuko slowly looks around. Aya looks with her, and then back to her.)
Aya: What is it, Shizuko? Is something here?
(Shizuko knocks Aya down and they fall to the side. A bullet immediately flies past the two and hits only a nearby crate. The girls look up and Aya searches quickly.)
Aya: What the?
(Shizuko looks to the original direction of the bullet. She gets another knife and throws it, blocking another bullet. Shizuko jumps up with a few more knives and searches. Aya covers her head.)
Livarre: (hidden) Taking shortcuts, eh? Well, we all know how well that works out.
(Shizuko finds a fast-moving figure throughout the warehouse and tracks its movement. Aya uncovers her head and looks around. Shizuko dodges another incoming bullet and throws a knife to block another. She throws two more knifes that deflect. After a while, Aya gets up and looks at Shizuko.)
Aya: What's going on?
(The figure, revealing to be John Livarre, comes from behind her. Shizuko quickly throws a knife at his head. He jumps over Aya to dodge and comes down with a katana. John tries to vertically slice Shizuko, but she backs up before he lands. He charges again at Shizuko, who defends with two knives. After a few strikes, the knives shatter upon the katana and Aya gasps. Aya quickly drops her bag and runs toward the dueling pair. Shizuko and Livarre both see Aya coming with a Hope Crystal.)
Shizuko: Aya! Don't!
(Aya transforms and attacks with her sword. Livarre easily blocks and strikes back at Aya. Aya spins to the ground, but deals a strong strike to Livarre's katana, knocking him off balance. After he regains balance, he sees the two girls raising their weapons in front of him. He keeps his katana in front, switching his focus between the girls.)
Livarre: Hm. I understand now why the previous men had a rough time taking care of your friend here.
(Aya charges to attack Livarre, but he dodges and pushes her to the ground on the side. He goes after Shizuko, who blocks several attacks and replace a few knives when destroyed. He kicks Shizuko down and Aya comes from behind. Livarre turns around and quickly blocks with his katana barely holding against Aya's sword. Livarre holds his ground and pushes Aya back on the ground. He looks between the two fallen girls.)
Livarre: Nonetheless, you seem to lack the ability to work together. Something I would expect from you.
(Aya quickly stands is strikes Livarre's katana. After several strikes, Livarre loses balance, but jumps backward. He and Aya raise their weapons at each other.)
Livarre: But even with that, your magic is much more abnormal than usual.
(Livarre and Aya charge at each other again and lock their weapons on each other.)
Aya: (thinking) Thinking about it, he's right.
(Aya is pushed back, but Shizuko comes to block a few more strikes.)
Aya: (thinking) This energy. I didn't feel this before. (gets flashbacks) It's like...during that tap...I got something from Shizuko.
(Shizuko is knocked off balance and away from Aya. Aya ducks under another attack and tries to sweep under. Livarre steps back and kicks her to the ground. Aya stands up and sees Shizuko clashing with Livarre.)
Aya: (thinking) But don't seem to have any abilities Shizuko would.
(Shizuko is knocked to the side and Livarre focuses on Aya.)
Aya: (thinking) If only my power would be more like her...
(Livarre comes for another attack. Aya puts her sword in front and closes her eyes. She glows bright white and blinds Livarre, causing him to stop. Shizuko gasps by the sight. Aya notices the glow and opens her eyes.)
(Aya sees her outfit glowing and transforming. The glows stops and Aya sees her outfit resembling Shizuko's. She sees one of Shizuko's knives in her hand.)
Shizuko: Aya?
Livarre: (smirks) That explains it. (shakes) No matter.
(Livarre puts his katana away and turns back to walk away. Aya walk towards him, but he moves more quickly.)
Aya: Hey, where are you going?
Livarre: I no longer have interest in fighting you now. Especially now that I already have what I need.
Aya: Why are you leaving? Who are you?
Livarre: That you don't need to know. Besides, you girls have school, don't you? Wouldn't want to make you late because of our little battle. I'd rather wait until classes are over before we resume.
(Livarre and jumps up to a high platform at Aya's surprise. He stops upon landing.)
Livarre: One more thing. (turns around) And if you speak anything about me, expect me to come sooner. Because we do not like witnesses.
Aya: Witnesses?
(Livarre jumps out of a nearby window. Aya rushes to him.)
Aya: Hey wait!
(Aya slows down and stops. She pauses and turns to Shizuko.)
Shizuko: I warned you they wouldn't go easily.
Aya: (pause, sigh) Let's get going.
(Shizuko nods. The girls transform back and Aya walks to her bag.)
(Scene: Arahi No. 28 School Entrance)
(Aya and Shizuko enter the school gates.)
Aya: Well, here's the school. As I said...it's not much.
Shizuko: I see.
Aya: Despite trying to kill us so quickly, I could agree with him.
Shizuko: Are you worried about being late?
Aya: Usually it's okay, since they're pretty used to me being tardy. I just hope that they don't take this time too seriously.
Shizuko: You still look a little shaken.
Aya: Well, lateness is not the only thing.
Ashley: (nearby) Well look who's finally getting here, late.
(Aya and Shizuko turn to Ashley, who walks alone towards them.
Aya: Ashley Haylon...
Shizuko: (to Aya) Ashley?
(Ashley approaches the two while staring at Shizuko.)
Ashley: And now you need a bodyguard, Aya?
Aya: No, Ashley. She's just a friend. Like what you really need.
Shizuko: (to Aya) Aya?
Ashley: Like you're in a position to talk here. No wonder your friend caused a ruckus yesterday. I guess my idea of you being a Japanese schoolgirl lesbian was right all along.
Aya: It's not like that Ashley. You and she both know I'm not.
Ashley: (to Shizuko) Don't listen to her.
Aya: Quiet, Ashley. She already knows you're lying.
(Ashley gives a smug grin and picks up a punch near Aya's face. Shizuko suddenly blocks the punch, creating a very noise. Aya falls down and lands on her face. Students and adults in the scene look to see the girls. Aya slowly gets up and sees blood on the floor. She covers her bleeding nose as she stands up completely.)
Aya: My nose...
(Aya see the people looking at the group, but not completely at her. She turns around to see several people, the majority being adults, looking at Ashley.)
Ashley: What?
(Scene: Lunch Hall, afternoon)
(Kyoko, Miki, and Chou sit at a nearby corner table.)
Miki: It's the third time this month. Whole groups of random people gathered somewhere and were found on the ground next morning.
Chou: You mean like a mass suicide?
Miki: Everyone seemed to be okay, but even the victims there don't know what happened. They said they felt very cold, crazy, and like they were being controlled by something.
Kyoko: Sounds like fantasy. Does anyone know if it's true?
Miki: No, that's the scary thing. Whoever does these things just slips through without notice. And this time, a recent investigator was found fried at the gathering.
Kyoko: And if Aya has been getting enough attention for once.
(Aya, with a bandaged nose, and Shizuko come near the table with plates.)
Aya: Hey everyone.
Kyoko: Speak of the devil.
Miki: Hi Aya.
Aya: Mind if my friend sat with us?
Miki: Uhh, sure.
(Aya and Shizuko sit next to Miki. Aya and Miki struggle between each other.)
Miki: But you don't have to squish us!
Shizuko: Oh, sorry.
(Shizuko moves to the side a little, half off the table. Aya and Miki also move apart and start eating.)
Chou: Are you sure that everyone would be okay with her around here?
Aya: It's alright. They're allowing her to stay for now as long as she's under my supervision. I assured that it would go okay.
Kyoko: Hm.
Aya: (to Shizuko) Maybe I should introduce you. This is Shizuko Ayumi. (points to Miki) Shizuko, this is Miki. She and I have been friends for a long time.
Miki: Hello. (waves)
Shizuko: Hi.
Aya: (points to Chou) This is Chou. She may like to eat, but she's very shy and hurt sensitive.
Shizuko: I see. Nice to meet you, Chou.
(Chou sees her and gives a smile and wave. Shizuko nods.)
Aya: (facing Kyoko) And this here is Kyoko Liu. He's often busy, so he doesn't have too much time to talk.
(Shizuko and Kyoko nod to each other.)
Chou: People have been talking about you two.
Miki: Hope your nose is okay.
Aya: It should be fine. The nurse said it should recover within a few days.
Miki: Ashley must have hit you hard back there if she was able to break your nose.
Aya: I don't know. I do know she was called in to meet with the headmaster right after.
Kyoko: We hear she's getting suspended. You know how she's going to react to that.
Miki: I wouldn't say that, in Aya's defense. There are very few people who have the courage to take a blow from Ashley, do any kind of strike back at her, and just walk away. But all of the students still see her like some kind of celebrity.
Aya: I hear she's getting expelled, but her family can sure pay to lower the charges. Any sentence is good enough for me. No, for us.
Chou: What for?
Aya: The same incident this morning. (to Shizuko) I wanted to bring Shizuko here due to being late. I told them I had to help her because she was in trouble.
Chou: That's risky.
Aya: Not exactly. We've known each other for a while.
Kyoko: You still realize how the school takes to strangers, right?
Aya: I am aware of the policies. I had to tell them she's an orphan. They said they were willing to give her a place to stay, but she needs to participate in school. I'm thankful for that. I just want to be friends with her and help her out. That's all.
(They all watch the silent Shizuko, who stares at her plate.)
Aya: What wrong? You don't look well.
Shizuko: I don't feel welcome...
Miki: It's okay, Shizuko. The public schools in Arahi are known to have a lot of orphans. The dormitory here can be considered an orphanage.
Shizuko: (closes eyes, shakes) It-It's not that easy...
Miki: Hm?
(Aya looks to her in silence.)
Aya: (thinking) I know how you feel.

(Break)

(Scene: Outside Arahi No. 28)
(School bell rings. Aya and Shizuko walk out of the school.)
(Scene: Empty Alleyway)
Aya: Well, that's my usual school day. It's nothing that special despite the incident this morning.
Shizuko: I understand.
Aya: I should thank you. I never had someone who would stand up for me physically like that against Ashley.
Shizuko: She wasn't really strong.
Aya: I often have to handle such situations by myself. And even then, it wouldn't turn out that well.
Shizuko: Hm.
Miki: (nearby) Aya!
(Aya and Shizuko turn to Miki, who comes through the crowds and meets them.)
Aya: Miki...
Miki: I thought you two would be here. (to Shizuko) And you?
Shizuko: I'm fine.
Aya: Surprised you'd be here today.
Miki: I thought I could. Especially since Ashley is nowhere to be found.
Aya: We were just talking about that. It seems that I was right.
Miki: Hm. Anyway, would you mind if we walked together today?
Aya: (panics, looks away) I prefer not. Not today at least.
Miki: I'm guessing you want to spend more time with your new friend then?
Aya: Well, that's not exactly it.
Miki: (pause, shakes head, irritated) Whatever it is, there's something I need to do nearby your home. So I have to go either way.
Aya: (pause, sigh) Fine, just make sure you don't tell anyone what happens.
(Shizuko nods)
Miki: Hm?
Livarre: (hidden) Don't tell anyone about what?
(The girls are shocked by the sudden voice. They look to a nearby alley on the right.)
Miki: What was that?
(Shizuko gets her hand in her pocket. The three enter an alley and search.)
Livarre: After all...
(The girls look up to see Livarre up a rooftop.)
Livarre: There's no need to tell anyone what happens anymore.
(Livarre jumps from above. The girls step back a little as he lands kneeling on the ground.)
Aya: You again?
Livarre: Hope you enjoyed your break time for today. (stands up) Because chances are you won't get one again.
Aya: What are you doing here?
Livarre: Class is over now, remember? That was your break time. (grabs his rifle) Hope you did your homework.
Shizuko: Aya!
Aya: Right!
(Aya drops her bag and the duo takes out their Hope Crystals as Miki watches in confusion.)
Miki: Aya?
(The duo transforms into their magical girl outfits and readies their weapons. Livarre gives a smile.)
Livarre: Heh, thought so.
(Livarre takes out a large bullet and his rifle. Shizuko is shocked at seeing the round. Livarre pulls the rifle's bolt back and inserts the round while aiming at the girls.)
Livarre: That's why I brought this!
Shizuko: Aya!
(Miki ducks down with her hands covered. Shizuko unexpectedly pushes Aya to the ground. Livarre aims near Shizuko as she jumps to her right. He fires an electric shockwave from his rifle. Aya also covers her head, but Shizuko is pushed back by the wave and falls to the ground. Aya raises her to see Shizuko down.)
Shizuko: (standing) I'm fine.
Aya: What was that?
Shizuko: I thought it was a Feedback round.
Aya: Feedback round?
Livarre: Heh. Not this time. Not with one of you having a much higher level of magical power. Otherwise, it would make a mess beyond this city block. And attract unwanted attention.
(Shizuko gets halfway up slowly and touches the ground. She is shocked that no knife comes up. She rapidly touches the ground again, failing to create any knives.)
Aya: (shocked) Shizuko, your powers...
Livarre: Nonetheless, what I really shot has fried her. So for the time being, I'm can easily beat you like this!
(Livarre charges at the downed Shizuko and performs a roundhouse kick. Shizuko is sent flying and hits a wall, landing on a set of trash cans.)
Aya: (crying) Shizuko!
(Aya gets up quickly and runs up to Livarre, who continues to walk up towards Shizuko with his now drawn katana. Livarre attempts to thrust his katana down Shizuko's chest, but Aya gets in the way and blocks it. Livarre smiles and focuses on Aya. The two clash until Aya loses balance. She blocks Livarre's next strike, locking the blades.)
Aya: Who are you? And why do you keep on doing this to us?
(Livarre pushes Aya sword away and strikes her right gauntlet. He kicks Aya backward and charges again with his katana. Aya barely blocks the attack, but spins and lose balance.)
Livarre: Because. It's our job to hunt girls like you. We don't have to give you a reason.
(Aya charges to attack, but Livarre blocks it easily. He returns with another strike on her gauntlets and kick to the chest. Aya falls to the ground and tries to get up.)
Miki: Aya!
Livarre: And to stop little girls like you from spreading all over the place.
(Aya rises again, but is knocked back by Livarre. Aya luckily keeps balance to stand.)
Livarre: Now this is why you don't use magic. (walks up to Aya) And don't use shortcuts. (picks up Aya by the shirt and lets her stand) Because then, you'll never learn!
(Livarre charges his katana into Aya, but Aya jumps to avoid.)
Aya: (thinking) I haven't mastered my powers yet. He's too strong.
(Aya blocks two more attacks from Livarre and jumps back and to side.)
Aya: (thinking) Maybe...
(Aya looks at Shizuko and Miki, who stare at her helplessly. She closes her eyes and eventually glows again. Livarre is blinded and stops. Miki and Shizuko cover their eyes. The glowing stops and Aya sees herself in Shizuko's outfit.)
Aya: (thinking) I better try it now.
(Livarre recovers quickly and charges at Aya. Aya looks at her outfit and knife.)
Livarre: Won't work this time, magical girl!
(Livarre swings his katana across, but Aya ducks. Aya touches the ground and creates a knife in her hands. She strikes Livarre's legs and he trips to the ground. Livarre counters to attack Aya's legs, but she dodges by jumping. She blocks another attack with a knife, which shatters, and then flips backward. Miki and Shizuko see Aya in surprise. Aya looks to the ground and acquires another knife with the flooring. She sees Livarre aiming his rifle and pulling back the bolt. She throws her new knife, which shatters upon blocking the shot. Aya jumps to the side as Livarre attempts to get up.)
Aya: (thinking) Those knives keep shattering. Do all magical weapons do this?
(Livarre stands up again.)
Livarre: Now when did you get tough all of a sudden? And learned to use a new power that quickly?
Aya: My best guess, luck.
Livarre: Heh, you shouldn't rely on that either!
(Livarre raises his katana and charges at Aya, who picks up two knives. He attacks with his katana from below and knocks Aya off balance.)
Livarre: Because that'll get you killed!
(Livarre attacks from above, Aya recovers and blocks with another shattering knife. They continue clashing as Aya replaces her destroyed knives a few times. Aya backs up to avoid Livarre.)
Aya: (thinking) If only I had something that didn't always shatter like these knives.
(Aya jumps to avoid another attack and her eyes widen.)
Aya: Hold on...
(Aya flashbacks of a previous battle against Livarre. She first remembers Livarre shattering Shizuko's knives in a melee fight. Then, she remembers her locking his katana with her sword. Aya returns to the present and stares at her knife, seeing cracks on the blade.)
Aya: (thinking) If my sword was able to withstand his attacks, then...
(Aya looks back up as Livarre charges at her again. Aya jumps to a safer distance. She raises her knife in front and closes her eyes. She glows bright again and opens her eyes to see the transformation. Her outfit returns to her own and the knife is now her sword. She looks at her sword, seeing the pure undamaged blade.)
Aya: (thinking) Thought so.
(Aya sees Livarre charging at her again. She blocks the katana easily and spins with her sword. Livarre's katana is struck and he is knocked to the side. Aya stops to see him off balance.)
Aya: (thinking) Really thought so.
(Aya runs to continue attacking and Livarre tries to block. After a few strikes, Aya kicks Livarre and he falls on his back. Aya stays put with her sword stabbing the ground.)
Livarre: Damn, you really did your homework. What happened?
Aya: Like I said, it's just luck and trial. The only choices I really had.
(Livarre gets up and breathes more heavily.)
Livarre: (thinking) This became much harder than I had expected.
(Livarre looks slight left to Shizuko and Miki.)
Livarre: (thinking) Too bad I brought only one Magic EMP round. And the one I fired doesn't last very long. I've got to get out of here now or I'll be the one fried.
(Livarre stands up and steps back from the girls.)
Aya: Whoever you are, get away! And leave my friends alone!
Livarre: (thinking) This girl is a special case. At least I could make up a good excuse from this.
(Livarre puts his katana away and turns back from the girls, towards the dead end of the alley.)
Livarre: This time I will, but not for long.
(Livarre walks through the alley, away from the girls. He jumps onto a large dumpster at the girls' surprise.)
Livarre: And by the way... (turns around) I'm John Livarre of the AMF's Outer Circle. Make sure you remember that next time we meet.
(Livarre looks back and jumps very high onto the rooftop of a building. The girls watch in stunning silence. Aya walks up to her friends and crouches to Shizuko. She sees no injuries as Shizuko tries to get up.)
Aya: Are you okay?
Shizuko: (pause) I'm fine.
Aya: (sigh) Close one...
(Shizuko gets up with Aya and Miki supporting her. She successfully grabs another knife from the brick wall to Aya's surprise.)
Aya: Shizuko, your powers. They're back.
Shizuko: It didn't last long. That's why he ran.
Aya: Hm. Anyway, let's get going.
(Aya and Shizuko transform back into their normal clothes. Aya sees Miki stunned and silent.)
Miki: Aya...
Aya: I know, Miki. This is why I told you not to come.
Miki: Aya...I had no idea...W-what happened yesterday?
Aya: (pause) That's...going to be a long explanation.
Shizuko: Aya...how did you do that? My powers?
(Aya looks down in guilt)
Miki: (confused) What exactly is going on here, Aya?
(Aya pauses and walks to her bag.)
Aya: Let's keep walking. Shizuko and I will explain...everything.
(Scene: Empty Road)
(Aya, Miki, and Shizuko walk together. Shizuko looks down while Miki looks stunned at Aya.)
Miki: So yesterday...that crystal made you a magical girl?
Aya: Without warning.
Miki: And now, you're a target for some anti-magical girl organization?
Aya: Both of us are. And things could get much worse.
Miki: For now at least.
(Aya sighs. She sees Shizuko with her head still down.)
Aya: What's wrong, Shizuko?
Shizuko: And how you got my powers, you--
Aya: I know. I understand how much you've been through and how you got sent into this.
Shizuko: (pause) They always mocked me.
Miki: Shizuko?
Shizuko: I wanted a normal life, but no one listened. Not even my parents.
Aya: It's okay.
(Miki and Shizuko look at her.)
Aya: Because as I said, I am going through the same problems now too. You're not alone.
Miki: That's right. You didn't deserve any of this.
Aya: That's why I want to do what I can to help. We're both magical girls, aren't we? It's best if we all stand together than if we are apart.
Shizuko: But-
Miki: Do what you choose.
(Aya and Shizuko turn to Miki.)
Aya: Miki?
Miki: Being magical girls sounds very intriguing, but you do realize this is reality and not a story.
Aya: I was just thrown into this without warning. As long as I don't get hurt by it, I should be fine. After all, what can I lose?
Miki: But there's no telling what could happen.
Aya: You don't sound like you want to get involved.
Miki: I'll tag along. We'll keep this between us for now. But you have to remember that you have to face your problems yourself rather than hide from them. And not always resort to fixing other people's.
Aya: I'm trying to work on that.
(The three approach Aya's complex. They see Suzume at the entrance.)
Suzume: I've been waiting for you.
Aya: Mother?
Suzume: (serious) Come, Aya. We need to talk.
(Aya lets out a stressful sigh and runs up to the door. Suzume takes her in forcefully and closes the door. Miki and Shizuko look at each other.)
(Scene: Aya's Apartment)
(Aya and Suzume sit at the kitchen table.)
Suzume: I was told that you were in a fight this morning?
Aya: Ashley was the one who broke my nose.
Suzume: And you brought a stranger to the school?
Aya: She's not a stranger, mother. She's a friend.
Suzume: And you also brought her here into this complex?
Aya: Only to Finch's and he said he didn't mind. I just wanted to be nice to her after what she's been through.
Suzume: You know about my rules here. I absolutely do not allow anyone to come here in, no matter much of a friend they are.
Aya: Don't you realize how much damage you're doing here? You don't let me meet anyone who could possibly become a friend. And no one would be a good friend because you're always checking up on them. Why do you have to do such things!
Suzume: Because I am the one who is protecting you, Aya. You have me and no one else. My rules and no one else's.
Aya: Stop acting like you don't care about me! You are my mother, right? Aren't you supposed to respect and support me just like I once did for you? I just want to return to the family we once were! For the past seven years, I've been struggling to get help from others to cope with what we've been through. You just keep me from contacting anyone and just for sake of protecting me! Is that what you call respect? To say I have to do everything by myself and trust no one?  Is that what you are supposed to be like as a mother?
(Aya rises from her seat and walks angrily to her room.)
Suzume: Aya!
Aya: Just leave me alone!
(Aya slams the door to her room. Suzume merely watches the door and turns away. Meanwhile, Miki hears from outside the door to Aya's complex. She looks down, feeling pity for Aya, then goes back down the stairs.)
Miki: (to herself) I see now...
(Shizuko hears the conversation from Aya's room window, holding onto the window still and pipelines. She looks down once again.)
Shizuko: I understand...
(Shizuko jumps from the building and lands on the ground. She walks to the front of the complex and meets with Miki.)
Miki: I heard them.
Shizuko: So did I.
(The complex door opens and they turn to see Suzume near the door. They have worried looks and step back.)
Suzume: You're Aya's friends, yes?
(They freeze.)
Miki: Uhh, yes.
Suzume: (waves in) Come. We can talk.
(Suzume walks back inside. Shizuko and Miki look at each other for a moment and walk into the complex.
(Scene: Aya's Room, evening)
(Aya is alone inside her room. She is sitting at the side of her bed with her head down. After a while, there is a knock on the door.)
Suzume: Aya?
Aya: (crying) Go away.
Suzume Aya, it's time you came out.
Aya: (angry) I don't want to.
(Aya remains silent for a moment.)
Shizuko: Aya? Is that you?
(Aya jumps up.)
Shizuko: It's me, Shizuko.
Aya: Shizuko? Is it really you?
Miki: Me too, Aya.
Miki: May we see you?
(Aya walks up to the door and sees Shizuko and Miki. She also sees Suzume, who gives a sorry look. Aya looks back at Shizuko.)
Shizuko: Your mother talked to us.
Miki: She wanted us to see you.
Aya: What's it about?
Suzume: You say they are your friends, right?
Aya: (nods) And they only want to help, as a friend.
Suzume: That's not what I meant. Are you sure that you trust them?
Aya: Yes, mother. They've been through a lot like us, especially Shizuko. I only want to do what I can to help her out. And Miki and I have been together for years, even before the incident. So you don't have to worry about her.
Suzume: (pause, sigh) I just want you and your friend's trust. Nothing more.
Aya: (nods) That's also what I want from you.
Suzume: (slowly nods) Just this once, Aya. And only them.
Aya: Just them?
Suzume: (slowly nods) Either that or no one.
(Aya looks at Shizuko and Miki. After a moment, Aya nods.)
Aya: Okay, mother.
(Scene: Arahi No. 28 School, two days later)
(Aya comes into the school, looking down. She looks up to the school entrance and finds Miki
Miki: Hello Aya.
Aya: Hi Miki.
Students: Hi Aya! Hey Miki!
(Aya looks to the students and back to Miki.)
Aya: What's going on?
Miki: I'm not sure. They've been acting like this ever since they announced Ashley not coming here.
Aya: Really...
Miki: Also another surprise.
(Shizuko suddenly walks to the group.)
Aya: (surprised) Shizuko? W-What are you doing here?
Shizuko: This is my school.
(Aya shows a surprised look.)
Miki: Yeah, as of now, you new friend is a classmate of ours!
(Next Episode)
Shizuko: So Aya has finally took me in. Feels nice I don't need to worry about school. But definitely have to keep Aya focused. With some magical girls not being good, she'll have to step up if she's going to survive. Well, as long as no one else knows or gets hurt. Next episode.
Back to top Go down
JameyoftheMegacosmos
Civilian

Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Universal Lady Justice Aya   Universal Lady Justice Aya EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 1:33 pm

Been a while! Now for my next episode!

Part 1 Episode 4: Destroyers...Friends

Setting:

Miki's home- A large house on a street corner a few blocks from Aya's apartment complex. It has three floors, a large backyard with a massive garage, and an unknown tunnel in the basement that leads to the city sewer system.

Introduced Characters:

Maxine Stapleton- An intelligent magical girl who knows Shizuko and takes her role for hunting Destroyers very seriously. Has a visor for scanning and a staff for casting spells.

Cornelia- A Destroyer dressed like a nun. Capable of controlling multiple people and draining life forces. Wields the power to manipulate light and spirits. Transforms into a distorted towering monster with a large legless base, a massive eightfold wheel on its back, and many silhouetted white tentacles from its body.

Script:

(Opening)
(Previous Recap: 3)
Aya: So many things have happened to me since I became a magical girl. I've only been one for less than a day and already have a rival. Everything is just full of surprises, but not all of it is bad. Discovering a new power and sharing it with a best friend, earning the trust of my mother, and my new friend is now a classmate of mine!
(Title)
(Scene: Aya's Room)
(An alarm clock goes off. Aya stops the clock and yawns with a smile.)
Narrator Aya: Since my first day as a magical girl, my life has changed for the better.
(Aya walks up to the window. Athena comes in and Aya opens the window to feed and pet her. She closes the window a while later, then walks out of her room.)
(Aya and Suzume are shown eating while talking in the background.)
Narrator Aya: To start with, my mother and I have built a much better relationship. She seems to respect and trust me more, not constantly checking on me like before, and even listens to me. I started discussing more stuff with her, about my friends and school. I really think we are forming a mutual trust and respect for each other.
(Aya and Suzume stand up from their seats and walk out.)
Narrator Aya: And speaking of school, two things happened after that incident with Ashley.
(Scene: Classroom)
(Aya walks to her desk and sees a high test grade on the computer.)
Narrator Aya: I wasn’t bullied or exploited for the rest of the week.
(Aya turns to see Ashley's seat empty and smiles.)
Narrator Aya: And Ashley wasn’t there the rest of the week. People were saying she got suspended, though the damage done to my nose should have been expulsion papers.
(Aya finds an envelope with money in it. She puts it down and relaxes a little.)
Narrator Aya: But even when her family was able to limit the charges, someone was generous enough to donate money for my nose. And having Ashley away was the best thing I wanted.
(Aya turns to see Shizuko walk in.)
Narrator Aya: And then, there's Shizuko.
(Scene: Classroom, Dormitory)
(Shizuko introduces herself to the classes.)
Narrator Aya: The other students may still overlook us, but Shizuko seems to have a good place within the school.
(Shizuko is inside her dormitory. She goes to the middle of three bunk beds and lies down on the bottom.)
Narrator Aya: She's still trying to adjust though. Fortunately, she doesn't need to worry about anything like tests.
(Shizuko sees Chou and Kyoko sleeping in a bunk bed across from the side of her.)
Narrator Aya: And with Chou and Kyoko sleeping in the same dormitory as her, she has some company. It’s the least we could do, even if she doesn’t have it for long.
(Scene: Outside Arahi No. 28)
(Aya and Shizuko walk out of the school entrance.)
Aya: I thought something like this would happen.
Shizuko: I'll stay at your home. They have to close the dormitory?
Aya: For the whole week of vacation. I still have schoolwork and need to prepare for an upcoming test.
Shizuko: It shouldn't make any difference. Is it a problem?
Aya: If my mom and I could find a place for you, it shouldn't.
Miki: (nearby) Aya! Shizuko!
(Aya and Shizuko look to Miki, who comes to them with a dark skinned, long purple haired girl.)
Miki: Hi there!
Aya: Uhh, what are you doing here?
Miki: I just wanted to say that I'm throwing a party at my house. You know, for this weekend and you having a new friend and all.
Aya: (facing the aside girl) What's she doing here? Who is she?
Miki: Oh, she's a friend of mine. She's invited and so are you!
Shizuko: Is anyone else going? Chou or Kyoko?
Miki: Kyoko says he's busy and Chou says her father won't let her.
Aya: Strange. You'd expect Chou’s father would allow her to go to such things.
Miki: I already invited many others who are coming. I hope you can, too!
Aya: I'll have to tell my mom.
Miki: The party starts tonight at 8, so make sure you do it quick.
Aya: Tonight at 8? Uhh, okay. I'll come if I have a chance.
Miki: Great! See you then!
(They wave to each other and Miki and her friend turn around and run. Aya and Shizuko see them disappear into the crowd.)
(Aya and Shizuko walk down a street together.)
Aya: It's very odd, Miki getting another friend all of a sudden. She's often obsessed with a boy who once came to the school and became very close to me after he left. Miki usually doesn't act like that. Usually, she’s shy and keeps things private from the other students rather than boasting about things to others. She wouldn't just invite people over to her house for an event out of the blue. It's completely out of character.
Shizuko: She's like us. (flashes back to seeing the girl) I never saw the other girl before.
Aya: You think she's a magical girl, too?
Shizuko: Or something else.
Aya: Hm. Anyway aside from school and that, I'm surprised how things were calm this whole week.
Shizuko: And very suspicious.
Aya: The AMF has been very quiet lately. And the only time they came recently was just small fry. I was thinking they'd be all over us by now.
Shizuko: They often take their time. They don't jump at every chance.
Aya: You sound like there's more to it.
Shizuko: There are more threats to magical girls than the AMF.
(Shizuko stops and puts her hand over Aya.)
Shizuko: Wait...
(Aya stops and looks at Shizuko, who looks around the sky.)
Aya: What is it, Shizuko? Is it the AMF?
(Aya reaches into her pockets. Shizuko sees an eye-catching flash nearby. She quickly pushes Aya aside and they fall to the ground. Aya looks in the same direction and finds a large bright cyan-colored bolt coming towards them. It impacts the ground near them, which shakes the girls, and bursts into light blue energy. Aya sees the impact leaving no debris or crater.)
Maxine: Stop there now!
(A noise in the air attracts the two girls and they look up. A figure comes from the building rooftops and lands near them, revealing to be Maxine Stapleton.)
Maxine: What are you attempting to do with innocent lives, Destroyer!
Aya: Destroyer? What are talking about?
Maxine: (pointing her staff) Don’t play dumb! What are you planning to do?
Aya: (turning to Shizuko) I was just heading home with my friend! That’s all!
Shizuko: Maxine?
(Shizuko and Maxine look at each other in surprise.)
Maxine: Shizuko? What are you doing here?
Aya: Maxine? (to Shizuko) You know her, Shizuko?
Shizuko: (To Aya) We've met each other before. (to Maxine) What are you here for?
Maxine: I noticed a large magical energy signature here yesterday. But I thought it would be from a Destroyer.
Aya: Destroyer?
Maxine: (to Shizuko) What are you doing here, being near an abnormal magical girl?
Shizuko: She's a friend.
Aya: Abnormal? Well, yes.
Maxine: (to Aya) Then, tell me. What do you know about the recent gatherings here? Do you know something about Cornelia?
Aya: Cornelia? Gatherings? I don't know what you're talking about!
Maxine: Anything at all?
Aya: If there's something wrong, it has nothing to do with me.
Maxine: (pause) Hm. (relaxes, lighter voice) Sorry about that. I thought you meant something based on what the data I had.
Aya: (getting up) It's okay. So you're a magical girl, too?
Maxine: Exactly. I predict you are as well?
Aya: (nods, faces Shizuko) Shizuko and I are just recent friends who work together. But I want to know what's going on here. Like why you're here.
Maxine: (nods) I'll explain more along the way.
Aya: Okay.
(Maxine raises her staff, which changes back into a Hope Crystal as she transforms into a normal schoolgirl outfit. Aya nods.)
Aya: Good thinking. Better not to walk in the open that way.
Maxine: And it won't generate a large magic signature since it changes us back to normal-based.
Aya: Normal-based?
Shizuko: The AMF won’t find us.
Aya: Hm.
Maxine: I'm Maxine Stapleton, by the way. You can call me Max for short.
Aya: Aya. Aya Masa.
Maxine: Pleased to meet you, Ms. Masa. Once again, I apologize for the early aggression.
Aya: (grins) I accept.
Maxine: Follow me. We'll look for some place to talk.
(Aya nods. The three go off together.)
(Scene: Sidewalk Bench)
(Aya, Shizuko, and Maxine sit at a nearby bench.)
Aya: I'm surprised you two know each other. How did you two meet?
Maxine: It's often luck since we magical girls prefer to work as lone wolves. Sometimes, we would come across each other on special occassions. Shizuko and I first met a few years ago, but there were several times we ran into each other ever since.
Shizuko: She taught me about the magical system.
Aya: (giggles) Something to expect from her.
(Maxine and Aya giggle.)
Maxine: So tell me, Aya. Why did you become a magical girl? And why do you prefer staying together?
Aya: Well, I didn't exactly want to become a magical girl as I didn't learn the system until now. All I wanted to do was help Shizuko fight against the Anti-Magic Faction when she was in trouble.
Maxine: The AMF?
Aya:  (nods) They definitely are trouble.
Maxine: True. Trying to take them on is a bold and risky move. I see why you would be in a pair.
Aya: As long as we stay together and keep improving our skills, we should be fine.
Maxine: Hm.
Aya: So tell me, Max. Why are you a magical girl? And what's this Destroyer you're talking about?
Shizuko: They're evil magical girls.
Aya: Shizuko?
Maxine: She's accurate.
Aya: I need a more detailed explanation.
Maxine: You remember how the Hope Crystals give powers?
Aya: Yes, they're made from your desires. You gain them until those desires are fulfilled.
Maxine: Exactly. Like us, that is where Destroyers come from. But unlike us, who have much cleaner desires, theirs are not considered pure. Some girls rather want to cause more harm than they do good and would take advantage of their powers to achieve it. When anything magical causes trouble, even massive incidents, it's often the work of Destroyers.
Aya: I see why you call them “Destroyers”. It's not how magical girls usually are and they destroy that image.
Maxine: Typical answer. And a brutally obvious one.
Aya: So, what is this Destroyer you are looking for?
Maxine: I cannot assess that for now, but during this month, there have been strange gatherings around here involving massive isolated groups of people suddenly being invited somewhere. Those people suddenly become more off for the rest of the day until they come together in the night. Afterwards, they stand still for a while, drop to the ground, and wake up later with no memory of what happened.
Aya: I think I heard about this on the news.
(Flashbacks to Maxine walking around a gathering of fallen people in a forest. She sees a crater with a boiled corpse and markings on the side.)
Maxine: I looked around the sites and noticed each of the victims' life forces have become weaker than the normal individual. In the most recent one that occurred a few days ago, there was an officer that was trying to investigate. He ended up being found boiled alive. Getting to view the scene was difficult, but there was a word called "Cornelia", written with human fingers on the ground beside the corpse.
(Maxine jerks around and jumps from the scene. Returning to the present, Aya and Shizuko listen closely to Maxine.)
Aya: So you believe this Cornelia related to the Destroyer? Or is the Destroyer?
Maxine: It is my current hypothesis. Destroyers always like to reap the life forces of living things, especially humans, and even the Hope Crystals of magical girls to increase their power. No doubt one would try a tactic like this.
Aya: Well, whatever it is, I'm sure we could help out. 
Maxine: That's exactly why I was here. You may not be a Destroyer, but that doesn't mean I can't get any information from you.
Aya: Not as of now. But if we find anything, we'll definitey report it.
(Shizuko nods. Aya rises from her seat and walks to Shizuko.)
Aya: Anyway, we have to go now. We don't want to keep my mother waiting and worried about us.
(Shizuko stands up and comes near Aya.)
Maxine: I see.
Aya: Do you have a home?
Maxine: I have one. I just live alone.
Aya: Oh. (steps back) Anyway, we'll see you later hopefully.
(Maxine nods. Aya and Shizuko turn around and walk together.)
Shizuko: (to Aya) You shouldn’t leave so quickly. She could get suspicious, even when we did nothing.
Aya: We were there for a while. And it's getting close to the time my mother gets home.
Shizuko: I thought you didn't mind being late.
Aya: It's not about being late; it's my mother reaction to it.
(Suzume, Aya, and Shizuko are eating together at a table.)
Suzume: You should be aware that despite having trust in your friend, I still keep my strict code over you.
Aya: Mother?
Shizuko: I'm sorry if I am rude.
Suzume: (to Shizuko) You're not. I just disapprove your request to stay here.
Aya: It was her choice, not mine. She favored us over Miki.
Suzume: But you know how ill prepared our house can be for other guests, Aya. Your friend Miki is more suitable to host her. (pause, sigh) But nonetheless, we should have something figured out by tonight.
Aya: Speaking of Miki, we'd like to go to her house for tonight.
Suzume: Tonight?
Aya: We know the way, so you don't need to drive us. We'll be safe out there, as long as we’re together.
Suzume: Are you sure of it?
Aya: Miki invited us this afternoon. There's no need to check.
Suzume: I would still like to call and check.
Aya: Please relax, mother. You do believe me, do you?
Suzume: (pause) Fine.
(Aya hangs and sighs in relief.)
Aya: We don't plan on staying very long.
Suzume: Just make sure you're home before nine.
Aya: (nods) Yes.
(Aya turns to Shizuko. After a pause, she also nods.)

(Break)

(Scene: City Street)
(Aya and Shizuko walk together along a street.)
Shizuko: Why did you say you just wanted to meet Miki?
Aya: I didn't want to tell her much. After all, that's sort of what we're doing.
Shizuko: Why didn't you want to say about the party?
Aya: It was likely she wouldn't approve such a thing, even when she now has trust in Miki and us. I just wanted to tell her as little as possible in a way she would allow us to go.
Shizuko: You sound like there's more to it.
(Aya looks at Shizuko while they walk.)
Aya: Shizuko, do you think that everything we've learned today is all connected?
Shizuko: You mean the party? Or the Destroyers?
Aya: Exactly. Both of them.
(Flashbacks)
Aya: Miki's new friend. The sudden invitation to a party. Destroyers. Massive gatherings.
(Return to scene.)
Aya: It all sounds like this is more than just a coincidence.
Shizuko: I don't know, but I understand.
Aya: Like many times before, I’m just theorizing. But if it were so, then my mother getting involved would not be good.
Shizuko: All of it was to protect her?
Aya: And our identities.
(The girls arrive near Miki's home. They pause and see all the lights out and everything completely quiet.)
Aya: (suspicious) I guess I was right.
Shizuko: What do you mean?
Aya: This is Miki's house. And there doesn't seem to be anyone here.
Shizuko: Is it ever quiet like this?
Aya: Never really. And all the lights appear to be out.
(Loud painful moans are heard. Aya and Shizuko are panicked, but listen closely. A glowing light appears behind the house.)
(Scene: Miki's Backyard)
(Aya and Shizuko go through a side entrance to the backyard. They stop and see a large group of people gathered in a circle. Auras of white and light blue energy are being pulled from them and to the center.)
Shizuko: Those...are our classmates.
Aya: More than just classmates. Neighbors. Parents. Little children. (gasps) Miki!
Shizuko: That energy. It must be life force.
Aya: It's all concentrating in the center, which means...
Voice: (nearby) Thought I was missing some guests here.
(Aya and Shizuko are surprised by the voice. Several obstructing people move to the sides, revealing the center to be a nun-like figure in a fancy robe. The figure reveals her face. Aya and Shizuko reach into their pockets.)
Aya: You...you're the girl from this afternoon!
Shizuko: Cornelia...
Cornelia: (giggles) Indeed I am. But who are you then?
Shizuko: That is nothing for you to know.
Aya: How dare you try to steal life from my friends like this!
Cornelia: (giggle) That is nothing of your concern either. Ever since they looked into my eyes, your friends now belong to me. However, I don’t know how you remain unaffected.  So this must mean...
Aya: Shizuko, let's do it!
Shizuko: Yes!
(Aya and Shizuko grab their Hope Crystals and transform. They end in battle positions. Cornelia becomes a little intimidated.)
Cornelia: It's all clear. You are magical girls, too!
Aya: Real magical girls unlike you! We don't get power by stealing it from others!
(Cornelia giggles. All the possessed people turn to the girls and start walking towards them. Aya and Shizuko become intimidated despite staying in position.)
Cornelia: No, but your power is still nowhere close to mine.
(A flash catches the girls and Cornelia's eyes and look into its direction. The bolt strikes Cornelia to the ground and the magical girls gasp at the sighting.)
Maxine: (nearby) Not today here!
(Maxine comes by from Miki's rooftop and jumps down, landing close to the magical duo.)
Aya: Max!
Maxine: One moment please.
(Max points her staff at the possessed crowd.)
Maxine: Knockout!
(A circular shape is drawn, facing the direction of her staff. It grows brightly and fires a wave of light blue energy at the crowd. The possessed people are pushed back and fall knocked out on the ground. Cornelia is also pushed back and tries to get up.)
Maxine: Bolt!
(A normal circle is drawn and fires a light blue bolt of energy. Cornelia is struck down and the energy auras around the brainwashed crowd vanish. Maxine turns her staff upwards as she still focuses on Cornelia.)
Aya: I thought we would meet again.
Maxine: Your transformation allowed me to track your signatures. You're lucky I was close by to assist you.
Aya: Well, thanks for saving us. I didn't really want us to fight our friends there.
(Maxine nods as she sees Cornelia standing up again. Aya and Shizuko watch as Maxine readies her staff again.)
Maxine: But we still have her to deal with.
Cornelia: I won't let you humiliate me like this!
Aya: Maxine!
(Cornelia shoots a bolt of light at the girls. Maxine jerks to Aya, who blocks the attack. Shizuko throws two knives at Cornelia, both hitting her right side. Cornelia puts her hands together to charge energy. Maxine aims her staff.)
Maxine: Block!
(A square is drawn, casting a curved barrier in front of the girls. Cornelia releases a blast wave of white energy all around her, but the barrier shields it from the girls. The blast's energy vanishes and Maxine aims at Cornelia again.)
Maxine: Fire Spark!
(A triangular shape is drawn and casted. A large and fast spark of flame manifests and fires at Cornelia. The Destroyer is hit directly in the chest and covers the wound.)
Aya: She's easier than I thought.
Max: (facing Aya) They're not always this weak. Something must be going on here.
Cornelia: (darker voice) There's no way you can rival me!
(Maxine looks back to see black distorted energy manifest around Cornelia and expresses shock.)
Cornelia: (giggles, darker voice) I'll show you what power is!
Maxine: Aya! Shizuko!
(Cornelia laughs insanely and distorted energy continues to manifest around her. Aya and Shizuko ready their weapons, but Maxine gets in front of them, pointing her staff. Cornelia explodes into the energy, knocking the girls back and hitting Maxine. The whole scene starts to stretch and transform.)
(Scene: Alternate World)
(Aya and Shizuko get up. They look around in horror at a distorted reality.)
Aya: Wh-What is this place?
Maxine: It's an alternate reality...created by the Destroyer.
(Aya and Shizuko look at an injured Maxine.)
Aya: Max!
Maxine: She aimed at us when she transformed.
Aya: Transformed? Into what?
(They hear dark laughter and turn to it, finding Cornelia's monster form. Shizuko freezes and Aya panics.)
Shizuko: That's--
Aya: (scared) What...what is that!
Maxine: That there...is the Destroyer's final form.
(Cornelia launches a tentacle at the group, but Shizuko throws a knife at it. The tentacle is hit and misses to the right. Aya tries to cut it with her sword, but it lashes out and knocks her down. Shizuko goes around the side and throws several knives at Cornelia's base, but bounce off or stick. Cornelia's head charges a large ball of light and throws it at Shizuko, who dodges before impact. Aya tries to cut the swerving tentacles and successfully cuts one, but is knocked back again to the right of Maxine.)
Maxine: It won't do any good.
Aya: (turns to Maxine) Max?
Maxine: Your powers won't work well against that Destroyer. Not in that kind of form.
Aya: Do you have anything that will?
Maxine: I have a spell to destroy it one hit. If only I had the strength to use my arm.
(Aya looks down, but notices a light and sees a spherical wall surrounding Maxine. Aya is both enlightened and surprised. She turns to Shizuko, who is still fighting the Destroyer, before turning back to Maxine.)
Aya: Max, there's something I need to do that could help.
Maxine: What?
(Aya stands up and aims her sword at Maxine. Max jerks in shock.)
Aya: Don't worry. Just hold still.
(Maxine nods and calms down a little. Aya closes her eyes and strikes the wall, creating sparks as Maxine watches. After a few seconds, Aya loses balance and crouches down. She looks up to the still oblivious Maxine. They turn to see Shizuko still battling the Destroyer, blocking tentacles and blast of light with her knives.)
Cornelia: Now do you understand? You silly girls can't possibly surpass my power!
Maxine: Your friend may not last long. Whatever you do, do it quick.
Aya: Don't worry now. Leave it to me. Hopefully.
(Aya raises her and closes her eyes. Cornelia's tentacles knock Shizuko down, who looks up to see Aya. The girls watch Aya glow bright white, also attracting attention from Cornelia. Aya stops glowing, now wearing Maxine's outfit and wielding her staff. Both Maxine and Cornelia are shocked.)
Shizuko: Aya...
Cornelia: What? How could you--?
Aya: You think you're the only abnormal girl here, Cornelia the Destroyer? Well, I am one, too!
(Aya points her staff at Cornelia.)
Aya: Fire Spark!
(The spell shape is casted and fires at Cornelia in the chest, pushing her upper body backward toward Shizuko.)
Aya: Shizuko! Get away!
(Shizuko runs quickly to avoid the falling Cornelia. She regroups with Aya.)
Shizuko: That outfit. You copied Maxine's powers?
Aya: The best I could do.
Shizuko: (nods) Aya, there's something we can do to--
Aya: Relax, I already know.
(Shizuko freezes, but nods to her a moment later. They turn to see Cornelia rising up again and charging another ball of light.)
Cornelia: I won't let you win!
(Cornelia launches the ball at the group, but Aya quickly aims her staff.)
Aya: Block!
(The ball is blocked by the spell. Shizuko rushes to the side and throws knives at the Destroyer to distract her. Cornelia attacks with another tentacle, but Shizuko jumps over and stabs it with a knife before continuing to run behind her. Aya points her staff again.)
Aya: Bolt!
(The spell fires at Cornelia. She turns around to attack Aya with another tentacle. Aya dodges and sees Shizuko coming from behind. Shizuko holds onto Cornelia with knives stabbed deeply in the back. The Destroyer violently struggles to shake her off.
(Shizuko watches Aya point her staff at Cornelia again.)
Aya: Entanglement!
(A circular shape is casted, shooting out multiple magical curve-ended tendrils. Shizuko pushes off Cornelia as the spell's tendrils surround the Destroyer. Maxine merely watches.)
Maxine: (thinking) Unbelievable. She knows my powers and tactics without me telling her...
(The tendrils encircle Cornelia, and then completely ensnare her. The Destroyer helplessly struggles through the tendrils. Shizuko and Aya nod to each other. Aya faces back to the Destroyer.)
Aya: And now to end it!
(Aya points her staff at the ensnared Cornelia. She starts to draw a triangular shape facing the Destroyer as Maxine and Shizuko watch.)
Maxine: (thinking) Even the spell to finish her off!
Cornelia: NO! You can't do this to me! Let go of me!
(Aya completes the spell shape and taps the center with her staff. It glows and manifests a large ball of flame.)
Aya: INCENDIARY STRIKE!
(The ball of flame fires at the ensnared Cornelia, who screams out while glowing bright white. Aya and Shizuko cover their eyes as the monster bursts into sparkles of energy and flame moments later with only echoes remaining. Aya and Shizuko uncover their eyes and see the Destroyer defeated. They walk over to Maxine, who starts to get up.)
Aya: Max, are you okay?
Maxine: I'm fine. I think I hold my staff properly now.
(Maxine slowly points her staff at the ground.)
Maxine: Heal!
(Another circle is drawn and creates a ripple of light blue-green energy that reaches each of the magical girls. Aya and Shizuko see their wounds healing quickly.)
Maxine: That would cover our wounds at least. (thinking) At least my own powers still work.
(Shizuko nods. Aya looks at her healed wounds, and then sees the alternate reality stretch itself and disappear.)
(Scene: Miki's Backyard)
(The girls find themselves back in Miki's backyard. Aya and Shizuko look around to see all their classmates knocked out. They see the nun's body and her Hope Crystal land on the ground. Maxine crouches down to one of the bodies.)
Aya: Did we win?
Maxine: For now. These bodies haven't lost much life force either.
Aya: That's good news.
(Aya walks to Maxine, who stands up to face her. Aya raises her staff and closes her eyes. She glows again and transforms back into her original outfit with her sword. Aya looks at the sword.)
Maxine: Do you always try to use other people's powers?
Aya: (sighs) Not really. At least I could still switch to my own.
Maxine: You seem to learn quickly. Impressive.
Aya: No need to thank me. I couldn't do it without everyone's help.
Maxine: (giggles) You sure like to fight as team. It helps when fighting against the Destroyers.
Aya: You really deal with things that creepy?
Maxine: That's not the only kind. Their monster forms can come in any shape or size and often come distorted or create such alternate worlds we were in.
Aya: Must be traumatizing.
Maxine: Not always. (looks at the nun) I deal with it all the time.
(The nun wakes up and tries to get up. Shizuko comes in and kicks the crystal out of her hand.)
Shizuko: Aya! Max!
(Aya and Max nod and run to pick up the Hope Crystal. After Aya carries the crystal into her palm, it suddenly shatters by itself at everyone's shock. The remains vanish into fading dark energy and thin air.)
Aya: (stunned) What the? The crystal...just shattered. (to Max) Does it usually do that?
Maxine: (suspicious) No, they're often perfect material. And this kind of Destroyer was easy to beat. 
Aya: (to the nun) Say, where did you find it?
Nun: (scared) I-I-I don't know. Honestly, I don't know what you're talking about. Wh-Who are you? Why'd you hit me?
Shizuko: She must have been controlled, too.
Aya: That's not normal either?
Maxine: No. Real Magical girls and Destroyers always have free will. Normal crystals would never possess them.
Aya: (sighs) That's a good sign. (to Max) Could it be a fake?
Maxine: Maybe. Or it could be something else.
Aya: (turns away) Hm. Can she still be a threat?
Shizuko: No. She must have a crystal.
Maxine: Usually, if you don't have a crystal, you can't transform. And if you can't transform, you can't do anything magical.
Aya: So you should not lose your Hope Crystal. It makes sense.
(Aya stares at her sword and nods. Maxine walks away to an exit. Aya notices and she pursues with Shizuko.)
Aya: Hey, where are you going?
Maxine: My work is done here and your friends could wake up soon. I don't them to see us while we're here.
Aya: Same for us. Having them see us would be awkward
Nun: (nearby) What about me?
(The girls turn to the nun.)
Nun: (nearby) C-Can I go, too?
(They look to their classmates and back to the nun.)
Maxine: You're clean now. Just quickly leave.
(The nun nods hesitantly and quickly gets up. She limps away from the scene as the girls watch.)
Maxine: It appears that not only do have my powers, but you also had some knowledge in how to use them.
Aya: I still have to experiment a little. So I could get used to the system.
Maxine: Make sure you save your spells if you can. It's important and much quicker to cast.
Aya: Say "Save" with a name, right?
Maxine: (serious) And that's a question I have. How did you know all this?
Aya: More than just that. After that tap, I have some things to ask you. (pause) How much have you wanted to have…friends?
Maxine: Hm?
(Aya flashes back to the Mental Landscape. Through Maxine's eyes, Aya see her walking through a school will many black silhouettes. Maxine turns to several figures who watch her. She turn away afterward.)
Aya: I saw everything that happened to you. For all these years, you've been working hard as a top student. But you never had the time to make any friends because of how you preoccupied you were at school and how you compared to everyone else.
(The memories switch to Maxine with a Hope Crystal. She transforms into a magical girl as the crystal changes into her staff. She lowers her weapon to see Shizuko as a magical girl. They turn around to see a set of AMF drones coming towards them. As Shizuko charges with her knives, Maxine makes a circular spell that glow brightly.)
Aya: That’s when you got your crystal and used your abilities to help break through this wall. It's how you found Shizuko and the two of you used work together in fighting the AMF and Destroyers.
(Memories change from the flash of light to a ruined school scene with Maxine on the ground. She looks up to see a Destroyer with long stingray tails on the back, standing around corpses cut up and impaled. After a moment, Maxine charges at the Destroyer and aims her staff. The Destroyer turns around in surprise as a spell is cast making another bright glow.)
Aya: But that Destroyer, the one who killed your parents and soon-would-have-been friends, pushed you away from that path. And you continued to spend your time in isolation even from Shizuko, devoting yourself to hunting down such evil magical girls, making sure they would never harm anyone else again.
(Return to the present. Maxine hangs in surrender)
Aya: It's strange, but that's how I acquired your powers and learned how to use them. I feel sorry for you, having to go through all of this and being lonely as a result.
Maxine: Some of it was intentional. When fighting against these Destroyers or even the AMF, looking to other activities is not an option. I noticed how being alone allowed me to concentrate more. So I force myself to spend all my days of free time practicing and fighting this way.
Aya: But that's where I think you go too far. You can't just ignore your problems because you feel like you need to concentrate on something all the time. I don't want to take over. I just want to ask if you could ease on it. Does it have to be that hard on you? Even people who work very hard need a rest sometimes. Just for one day or so, try your best to look for someone, even if it’s just someone like us.
Maxine: (pause) I see what you mean and you are right. Especially since you saved me back there. I can't guarantee it, but I'll keep it all in mind.
Aya: (nods) It's all I wanted to advise.
(Maxine turns away.)
Aya: I hope that we meet again!
Maxine: (looks back, smiles and nods) Farewell.
(Maxine turns back, and rushes off, jumping a few times into the distance. Aya and Shizuko, who watch Maxine, then turn their heads to each other. They then face the entrance Miki's backyard, hearing people moaning inside.)
Aya: I think we should leave, too.
Shizuko: Right.
(The two girls rush off, transforming back in the process. The students inside wake and get up slowly. Miki eventually gets up and is shocked to see everyone near her house.)
Girl 1: What happened?
Boy 1: What a weird dream I had.
Miki: (looks around, panicked) W-Whaaa? What's going on? Why are you all here? What happened to my house? And why did I just have a dream with Aya!
(Scene: City Street)
(Aya and Shizuko walk down the street.)
Shizuko: So we now just head home...
Aya: Hopefully my mother isn't so surprised for coming back way before her estimated time. That's another reason why I didn't tell her the party stuff. If something like this happened and we return earlier, we wouldn't be stuck with explaining the early return.
Shizuko: Do you believe your advice would help Maxine?
Aya: I gave her my reasoning and we all fought in the battle. She knows how useful we were when she was in danger.
Shizuko: Do you really believe friends can help?
Aya: Of course. And sometimes, it can even allow us to do the impossible.
Shizuko: Do the impossible...
(Aya and Shizuko continue walking silently down the street.)
(Next Episode)
Shizuko: I can't take this anymore. She is missing the point on what it means to be a magical girl. If she keeps thinking it's all about helping people, there'll be no way she could survive. And I will be caught in it. But…she has a point we're better together, and she's not alone about that ideal. Next episode.
(End)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Universal Lady Justice Aya   Universal Lady Justice Aya Empty

Back to top Go down

Universal Lady Justice Aya

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1