Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) Empty
PostSubject: Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu)   Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 4:39 am

Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) Tumblr_mb0ggls2ZX1qjc1bpo1_500

Rue is... a complicated character. I didn't think much of her at first. She was an okay character, but it was mostly Mytho's character that made her odd. His lack of emotion and all that. Made me wonder if he really wanted to be her boyfriend.

And then: Plot Twist!

Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) Tumblr_m94gw3lAPY1r5wy3zo6_250

When she revealed herself to be Princess Kraehe, the dark magical girl, and she started acting very jerkish, really goading Tutu to reveal her love for Mytho, which would of course make her disappear. 

Of course there's more to Rue than a possessive jerk. Character development kicks in in the second half and suddenly she's among the most lovable characters. She is a bit possessive, not wanting Mytho to regain his heart for fear of him realizing he doesn't love her. But with her sucky life one can understand her feelings.

I almost skipped the Femio episode, but I'm glad I didn't because it brought up one of the most powerful moments in the series. Repeatedly throughout the series her "father" tells her that no one except the Mytho will love her, so when she tries her hand at acquiring a sacrifice for the raven, this comically exaggerated character by the name of Femio is able to resist her charms... which the raven uses as the ultimate proof that his "daughter" is ugly and unlovable. Jerk.

Like many, many characters Rue is hated by a portion of the fandom that feels that Ahiru and Mytho should be together. I disagree with that, as I the Ahiru x Mytho ship seemed to be purely physical, to the point that even Ahiru herself questions her love for him. Rue's bond with Mytho on the other hand is much more meaningful, and Ahiru x Fakir is okay too.

And now one last thought.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG~

Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) Tumblr_ma7kpyAiUN1qcu3ieo1_500
Back to top Go down
Timer Rabbit
Civilian
Timer Rabbit
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 107

Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu)   Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu) EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:42 am

Love Princess Tutu. Love Rue so much. So much that I just enjoy the cast that was placed in this story... (Like... They are set up in the first place.) I think me and my sis were squealing for the pair at the end of the anime and gush about the entire thing back in our days together. (And little Rue is to adorbs!)
Back to top Go down
http://girlwiththeflamingfist.tumblr.com

Character Discussion - Rue (Princess Tutu)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1