Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Umm.. H-Hello...? Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Umm.. H-Hello...? Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Umm.. H-Hello...? Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Umm.. H-Hello...? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Umm.. H-Hello...? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Umm.. H-Hello...? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Umm.. H-Hello...? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Umm.. H-Hello...? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Umm.. H-Hello...? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Umm.. H-Hello...? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Umm.. H-Hello...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Timer Rabbit
Civilian
Timer Rabbit
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 107

Umm.. H-Hello...? Empty
PostSubject: Umm.. H-Hello...?   Umm.. H-Hello...? EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Hello there! Call me Timer (or Mami..) if you like! I was directed by one of the mods at the now-dead Magical Girl Conefssions forums and thought I sign up since I know I will get nothing from my replies in that-said forums...

I like magical girls back when I was into Sailor Moon at 6 years old, and Tokyo Mew Mew being my first manga collection. :'D However, as a aging adult, I quit the fad until Madoka-Magica show me some light and now to take the consenquences of a magical girl seriously... And I mean the genre. Even the most nostalgic magical girls faced hardships, and I love that kind of struggle as a metaphor of growing up. (I blame Link for the second thought, but I don't hate him. xD) But unlike some of the MGC-members, I was SICK IN LOVE with the Puella Magi franchise! From clear files to figurines and I do not want to stop... But thanks to that I had to explore other magical girls/HEROINES starting with Smile PreCure... :'D

I'm also a college student studying/focusing on art/animation as a carear, so I'm still on the latter. I also like to RP and slowly brainstorming on my fugure magical girl creation based on many "anime" I have seen. (Yes even trying to top off PMMM without to much despair/little girls crying or extreme violence like Daybreak Illusion.)

Now that I got the knick-knacks down, here are the magical girl shows/books I have seen or remembered in childhood.

- Puella Magi Madoka Magica (and the Rebellion/Different Story)
 - Tokyo Mew Mew (manga)
 - Princess Tutu
 - Smile PreCure/Doki Doki PreCure (including most movies involving them)
 - Sailor Moon (first season I think)
 - Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou 

And the "Western" ones labeled by BunnyBelle's MG timeline...

- Sabrina the Teenage Witch (both animated and night sitcom)
 - Powerpuff Girls
 - My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (admit it!)

And I think that's it. Overall I like stuff that involves "strong" girls without showing to much "badass" (even if I am currently watching Kill la Kill), but I'd watch anime that suits my fancy, and at times I'll pick out my favorite males. (I am faced out from the "bishounen fad". So what I have left in terms of fangirling for my favorite love interests are female characters...) 

Not sure how I am going to be active posting, but I may blurb it out here and there, and most likely at active PMMM threads.

Also, since I herd that this is a former TMM forums, my favoite Mew is Pudding~! :D
Back to top Go down
http://girlwiththeflamingfist.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Umm.. H-Hello...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umm.. H-Hello...?   Umm.. H-Hello...? EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Welcome! Glad to have you here! Yes someone else considers MLP a magical girl show! XD It's filled with ponies who use magic to defeat evil and they learn the importance of friendship! I say it counts.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Timer Rabbit
Civilian
Timer Rabbit
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 107

Umm.. H-Hello...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umm.. H-Hello...?   Umm.. H-Hello...? EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Thanks! (God I spent so much time posting stuff! Link why is your stuff interesting!)

Yea. MLP had hints of "magical girl tropes" that screams for one, especially the S3 finale. I nearly cried at that episode, because the matrix-like setting is a recap of all S1 and S2 experiences learning about friendship, and how she "grew up" from this house-in library horse to a nice little mare who is willing to help at any case (and as long there are books around). 

Okay I gush some more. My biggest flaw is the over exaggerated, MALE fanbase. I don't care if they are facing femininity issues as males... And that's great that they are engaging in the opposite, but some of them are just over-the-top 4chan trolls that I stop labeling myself in that-said fandom. xD 

Sorry about the post. And again thanks for the welcomes!
Back to top Go down
http://girlwiththeflamingfist.tumblr.com
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

Umm.. H-Hello...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umm.. H-Hello...?   Umm.. H-Hello...? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 12:21 am

Hey there welcome to the boards!! It's always nice to have someone new around! Check out our book club and our lifestreams coming soon!
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

Umm.. H-Hello...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umm.. H-Hello...?   Umm.. H-Hello...? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 10:19 am

Hey Timer! Glad to see you here!!
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Beat
Hostess
Beat
Hostess

Coffee Beans : 715

Umm.. H-Hello...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umm.. H-Hello...?   Umm.. H-Hello...? EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 10:02 am

We've got a client inbound! Order up! From nice Rp's to cool threads. We've got sweet, nice people and nice discussions! Please feel free to look around. Saying that, I bid you adieu. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Umm.. H-Hello...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umm.. H-Hello...?   Umm.. H-Hello...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Umm.. H-Hello...?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magical Girl Cafe  :: Magical Information :: Introductions-