Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Addelyn
Magical Girl
Addelyn
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 57

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Aiwei's soul is lost in the spirit world. The body can only sustain itself for so long so needless to say, he's going to be there for a while.

Korra has had so much happen to her, and all of it within less than a year. Amon, then 6 months later harmonic convergence, the trauma of loosing her past lives and being separated from Raava then 2 weeks later, she has to deal with the Red Lotus? I'm fairly certain at this point she has PTSD.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2819

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 10:53 pm

I don't have any coherent comments on the finale at this moment.  All I can say is, I never thought we would get a finale that was just as compelling (and somewhat more disturbing) as the original series.  I hope book 4 can keep up the writing's recovery from terrible love triangles. I really just want more now... XD
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Magical Girl
Addelyn
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:24 pm

I honestly have no idea when book 4 is coming out, but I hope it's early next year like Spring time. I'm already dying.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 11:33 pm

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 Tumblr_naqo9kYeDN1qet2f2o1_500

I know she was introduced earlier in the show, but she came off as totally suspicious. The delivery of her line, the dramatic way the camera focused on her and the music all made me think she was gonna end up being an enemy.

Either something's gonna go down with her in book 4, or this was just an attempt to proclaim "Special Guest! Voiced by Zelda Williams!".

If she was a Red Lotus member it would make perfect sense for that to be hidden all this time. Recall when they were questioning everyone in Zaofu. Who did they have determining if anyone was lying? Aiwei, confirmed Red Lotus member. And with no truth seer overseeing the truth seer, she could have gone unnoticed the entire time.

At least they're acknowledged that there could still be Red Lotus members out there. I'm still kinda irked that the Equalists just vanished after Amon was determined to be a fraud.

Speaking of which, that one scene during the final episode was really appropriate, where Korra hallucinates Zaheer's face crumbling off and revealing Amon's mask underneath. It's fitting because the two are so similar. Both initially believed to be non-benders, both trying to take down oppressive governments and create a new world order without the Avatar. 

In fact it felt like this season was trying to do Book 1 correctly. For a book called "Air" there was surprisingly little about airbending. Zaheer didn't turn out to be a card carrying take-over-the-world villain with a petty backstory and no regard for anyone but himself. There was no love story strangling the main plot. No Deus Aang Machina and Bolin actually got some development.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Magical Girl
Addelyn
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 11:46 pm

But the thing is, we've heard her voice before. A lot of people are thinking that the animators just want to draw attention to the fact that it's Robin Williams daughter since he's died recently, but the fact is, the animation was done well before he died, so I think that she's being drawn attention to because she's going to be featured next season. I don't trust her yet, nor do I trust Suyin Beifong. Look at the look on Kuvira's face! Totally suspicious!
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:13 am

Yea, from what I've read Book 4 is already in production (probably the only reason it wasn't cancelled yet.)

"Venom of the Red Lotus" is the one hundredth episode of the Avatar franchise. It is the franchise's highest rated episode on IMDb and the only one to receive a ten star rating, with over four hundred reviews.

Well that's nice. Hopefully that means lots of people watched it ON THE SITE, with their adblockers off.

Below is an image that apparently appeared in Suyin's debut episode (I can't confirm this because Nick.com is acting weird again. I get nothing but the empty backgrounds when I go there). She's the one sitting on the big guy's shoulder... the guy who looks A LOT like Zaheer.

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 Tumblr_n9abyonLlV1rf2fvso1_1280

Very suspicious indeed. Also, that baby platapus-bear!
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Magical Girl
Addelyn
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:21 am

Nick signed for 4 seasons. I see absolutely no reason why it would be cancelled. They did the voice acting last September for it, they have finished the animation and it's almost finished being coloured. So we should see it hopefully next spring. There is a big enough fandom that Nick would be in deep trouble if they tried to cancel Korra.

Thing is, if you're going on how many people watch it on Nick, you're not including a lot of fans. Only AMERICANS can watch it on Nick.com. I'm Canadian. I can't. I have to download my episodes, and I know most fans do because we have such an international fandom.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:07 am

Addelyn wrote:
Only AMERICANS can watch it on Nick.com. I'm Canadian. I can't. I have to download my episodes, and I know most fans do because we have such an international fandom.

...This I did not know. I guess this series especially I'm glad I had my adblocker off for. It was a smart move putting it on their website, since a lot of peopel watch it online anyway. But apparently Nick is not good at thinking things all the way through.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Magical Girl
Addelyn
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 1:25 am

No, Nick isn't and the creators of LOK weren't happy about how Nick's been treating Korra. But they're trying to deal with it their best.

I think it may have been a good idea to move it off tv with all the violence and death, it works though lol. There is also a huge move to watch things online.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:15 pm

So there's this post that had been flying around the internet since the finale, shedding a little possible insight on Korra's mental state as of the finale scene in book 3. I shall paste the dialog here.

Quote :
"Since the very first episode - Korra’s entire self-identity has revolved around her role as the Avatar.

She grew up isolated from her own culture, kept in a White Lotus compound being told by everyone that being the Avatar and keeping balance in the world was her sole reason for existing.

Every major threat she has encountered so far has been a threat to that identity. Amon threatened to take away her bending and her ability to act as Avatar, Unalaq/Vaatu succeeded in destroying Korra’s connection to her past lives, and Zaheer nearly succeeded in destroying the Avatar cycle.

All these conflicts, Zaheer especially, have left Korra wondering whether the world really needs, or wants, an Avatar anymore. It’s caused her to question her entire reason for existing.

Now here she is - crippled, broken, traumatized, not knowing whether she’ll ever be able to fight again, questioning her entire reason for existing, and here comes her respected mentor coming in and telling her 'Don't worry, my people will maintain peace and balance, we don't need you to do anything except feel better.'

Which only succeeded in confirming her deepest fears.”

I have noticed that every threat in this series has been to some extend directly focused on the Avatar. Amon and Unalaq wanted to replace the Avatar, Zaheer wanted to elimate the Avatar entirely. Each time the show manages to break her down further and further. 

Korra seems to get even less respect in this more modern era than Aang did even though she's saved the world three times.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Magical Girl
Addelyn
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 3:38 am

Well, it's not like Aang got a lot of respect when he first started. He accidentally froze himself for 100 years, which in that time, the Fire Nation destroyed the air benders, pretty much decimated the southern water tribe, and took over many areas of the Earth Kingdom.

Aang had to earn his respect. If you've read any of the comic books that take place after the series ended, you can see that even though he is the Avatar, he wasn't always automatically respected.

Korra has her own challenges to face. I think the White Lotus should have honestly given her some PR training lol. She's also a Avatar in a modern age too, where lots of Social Changes and technological changes are taking place. From the look of the Avatar world when A:TLA took place to 70 years later in Korra's time, it looks like the world is going through a fast paced industrial revolution and also some major social and political changes. Avatar's are something that have been around for the last 10, 000 years. Some people may believe that they are outdated.

Korra also doesn't have the benefit of asking her past lives for help. Just as she was able to begin to connect with her past lives, she lost that ability when Vaatu separated her from Raava and destroyed all the past lives. She no longer has the benefit of asking her past lives for help on issues. She only has herself and the advice of her friends to contend with. What is great about this is, she can become a new kind of Avatar. She is the first Avatar of a new cycle. She can remake what an Avatar should be to fit a quickly developing modern world.

As for breaking her down further. Amon happened, then there was a 6 month break between Book 1 and 2. Between 2 and 3, there were only two weeks. So if we have a period of about 7-9 months, Korra has had her bending taking away, which is extremely traumatic. The Avatar is a huge part of her self-identity and only the Avatar can bend all the elements. With only one element left, she was feeling lost and confused about who she is. While there was a 6 month break, she may have had some time to deal with this trauma. However, Korra strikes me as the type of person to kind of shove aside emotional healing as long as her body is physically well. Chances are, she barely dealt with that trauma.

Next we have the whole thing with Vaatu. She is betrayed by her Uncle. Has family members (uncle and cousins) try to kill her. She has Vaatu/Unalaq combo thingy forcefully separated Raava from Korra. These two are bonded on a soul level. If one feels pain the other does which was seen when Vaatu was beating Raava and Korra was face first in the snow in physical agony. Not only was this pain physical, but spiritual and emotional as well. Then she looses her past lives, which she had recently, after the whole deal with Amon and unlocking her air bending, was able to have access to. I'm betting you she didn't really have a chance to talk with her past lives much as she was most likely busy doing Avatar things.

Two weeks pass before the beginning of book 3. Korra has been so busy running around trying to deal with Spirit outbreaks, she ever deal with the emotional, spiritual, physical and psychological trauma of the events in the second book. She is then taken after she gives herself up to try and save the air nation. At this point, she knows two things. Zaheer and the others set a trap. There were no air benders at the Northern Air Temple. For all she knows, they are dead and she has just given herself up for nothing. Then, Zaheer flings her father off the cliff. She believes him to be dead. Not only is she reeling from loosing the Air Nation and feeling like a failure, but she also believes that Tenzin is dead as well. Korra has a very close bond with Tenzin, almost like another father figure. It most likely gutted her that he, as well as her father were dead, at least in her mind, given the circumstances.

Then she is taken to a cave. She is then forcefully injected/forced to absorb through the skin, some sort of metal poison, which is a good possibility to be mercury, or something similar to their world. She has horrible hallucinations, as well as enduring physical agony that mercury poisoning brings. Because she has never really had a chance to deal with any of the issues that have happened previously, we see the three main villains from the past two series appear. They are taunting her, calling her weak, to give up, that she will never make a good Avatar. We already know that Korra's self identify and self-worth is tied up with being an Avatar and being a good Avatar, at least as good as Aang. I have the feeling Aang was shoved down her throat from a young age by the White Lotus people who were suppose to be her teachers. If I could get a hold of them, I would love to have a few harsh words with them. What they have said and done to her has basically forced her to have no regard for herself. She doesn't care too much if she dies. She only starts panicking when they try and induce the Avatar State so they can kill her then. This would end the Cycle. She cares more about the Avatar cycle then she does her own life. I suspect the White Lotus is to blame for this. Honestly, the mental abuse they put her through as a child...they should be locked up with Zaheer and his group.

She eventually breaks free and is fighting for her life. She knows if she doesn't end Zaheers life or at least incapacitate him by capturing him or injuring him or taking away his bending, she runs the risk of him coming back to get her at any point. She's fighting for her life here so he won't kill her in the Avatar State and end the cycle. She is also in a tremendous amount of pain. She's already been beaten in previous fights. She physically weakened from that and the poisoning and beliefs that the Air Nation and her father are dead, yet she is still able to do amazing things.

We see her at the end in a wheel chair and basically looking like shit. Honestly, with all that she's gone through in a relatively short period of time, I think she has PTSD. She also has some lingering effects of the poison they used, hence why I believe she is confined to the wheel chair. As for respect, you have to remember, at the end of A:TLA, Aang had been around for about 1 year. He didn't have the respect of most of the people yet. That came later after years of service. Korra's only been in the public eye as an active Avatar for less than 1 year. It takes time to earn people's respect and not everyone will respect her. That's just life. Everyone is going to have their critics.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 11:13 am

On a less horribly depressing note, back in the days of the first season, there was a meme about Amon being a stand-up comedian and telling bad jokes. It reached a point where Amon's actual voice actor, Steve Blum, got in on it.

And it was glorious.
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2819

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 4:47 pm

In case anyone missed the announcement, Book 4 is starting on Nick.com on October 3rd.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 9:27 pm

And now the Trailer of Book 4 is out! And it's the featured video on youtube.

I have feelings about it!

1 ) A three year time skip! How unusual. Makes me wonder if that's how long it takes Korra to recover from the poisoning. Poor girl.

2 ) Those new Airbender uniforms. XD As silly as they look it does seem really practical, like turning the glider staff into a costume. Also when we first see the new uniforms, I have no idea who that is to the left of Kai.

3 ) Meelo with hair! Meelo with hair is a good thing.

4 ) So many shots of Kuvira looking rather smug and villainous.

5 ) Jinora's hair grows out, and she gets a little bun in the back!

6 ) Zuko's daughter? Sitting between him and President Raiko?

7 ) I will be so depressed if the series ends with the world no longer having (or needing) an Avatar.

I have no comment on Toph because it seems like a big teasing thing. Also, I hope we get to see the Western Air Temple again. We never really saw much more than what basically amounts to a lobby they all camped out in.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 4:43 pm

So I just finished the first episode of Book 4. Spoilers below of course.

The season starting with a time skip is an interesting way to go. A lot has changed and it looks like we're going to go back and see what happened at some point.

I guess that random close-up of Kuvira was a form of foreshadowing, cause good lord she's... I wouldn't call her evil but she's definitely not someone who should be doing what she does. I'm 90% sure the bandit that robbed Kai and Opal of all that food was one of the same bandits she "united" into her army.

I don't really even want to discuss Korra herself since she had only one scene in the episode and it's a total mystery what she's up to, but her performance suggests she hasn't fully recovered, and is probably acting out of pride.

Gotta say, this episode was kind of depressing. It seems to have started on a darker note than previous season premiers. The only one comparable to it is Book 3 of the first series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra   Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Avatar: The Last Airbender & Legend of Korra

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next