Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers)   The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:25 pm

The Different Story is a spinoff manga of the Madoka Magica series. But it's more than that. It's not only a spinoff, but also a prequel AND a what-if scenario.

It focuses mostly on Mami and Kyouko, detailing how they first met, then going into a "What if Mami had survived past episode 3" story.

Now I REALLY disliked the anime, so I didn't think I would enjoy this very much. I was proven wrong, very wrong. This manga redeemed pretty much everything I found disappointing about the anime.

It shows, instead of just tells. Kyouko's bizarre little puppet show doesn't really make me feel for her backstory, especially since she again, tells it. In Different Story on the other hand, we see exactly how her story went down, we understand exactly what her father was thinking, and how his behavior affects his family.

Character development in general is beautifully done in this manga, allowing me to better get in the heads of these characters, whereas with the anime I was baffled by the characters and their irrational behavior.

Even the least likable characters are given justice in this manga, and since all of the "shocking reveals" such as what Soul Gems really are and where Grief Seeds come from, are already known to the reader because of the anime, this story is able to better focus its energy on fleshing out the cast and telling a story. It doesn't have to spend four or more chapters trying to mask its true nature in order to shock the audience.

So to anyone who likes the show, or hates it, I recommend giving The Different Story a chance.
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Magical Girl
mysteryloveandjustice
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 297

PostSubject: Re: The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers)   The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:56 pm

Hmm this sounds interesting :D I haven't seen the anime yet but I've read the manga and I love the whole story ^^ Would you recommend one watch the anime before reading this?
Back to top Go down
http://angstyotps.tumblr.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers)   The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 11:07 pm

mysteryloveandjustice wrote:
Hmm this sounds interesting :D I haven't seen the anime yet but I've read the manga and I love the whole story ^^ Would you recommend one watch the anime before reading this?
If you've read the manga then you've experienced all you need to, the manga and anime are virtually the same exact story. In fact you probably got the better experience since you didn't have to listen to the sound of Madoka's voice. XD
Back to top Go down
Timer Rabbit
Civilian
Timer Rabbit
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 107

PostSubject: Re: The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers)   The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:56 pm

(Since MGConfessiosn forums are gonna go down, I will miss the character gussings/topics I have forced to create. ;; )

Anyway, being the person who watches it out of curiousity and got back to the fad (somehow), I can agree that the manga spin-off jolts down character development and storytelling pretty well. Hell I love Kyouko 10 times more and Mami-sempai by a landslide! (It also builds up my favorite ship!)

So long story short: "Why this has not turned into the anime's script instead?!

But yea... Then you don't have to suffer with Madoka crying all the time (though the manga lacks of it, so that was a bonus?).
Back to top Go down
http://girlwiththeflamingfist.tumblr.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers)   The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 10:30 pm

Timer Rabbit wrote:
(Since MGConfessiosn forums are gonna go down, I will miss the character gussings/topics I have forced to create. ;; )
Oh the character discussion threads? By all means copy and past them here. The ones not related to any of the shows that have their own forums would go in the "other magical girl shows" sections.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers)   The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Different Story (Main Series Spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1