Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers)   The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:51 pm

The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) Tumblr_mp5dv4ub4b1r6zl1uo1_500

Here she is, the princess of selfishness, the hater of everything cuter or prettier than herself (Except maybe Mana) 

I have to admit she's cute as a button, but everything else about her is a mix of terrible and poorly written.

I isolate the episode in which she first appeared as the downward slope for DokiDoki Precure. I really liked it until that tennis episode. Her first encounter with the Cures has her expressing contempt for roses and wilting them with her powers. The Cures don't even bat an eye at this and then go on to wonder if she might be the princess they're searching for... as if she would ever do something like that.

Then comes the episode that ruined Mana for me. Regina decides that she wants Mana to be her friend, and refuses to accept the idea that Mana has other things going on her life besides Regina.

MakoPi is understandably peeved considering this is the same girl who is completely unapologetic about the destruction of MakoPi's home-work, and Regina even goes so far as to decide to kill Mana's friends in order to keep her to herself.

Now, what really gets me is Mana's reasoning for wanting to be friends with Regina. Instead of the viewers getting ANY kind of indication that Regina's a good person, that maybe Rikka and the others haven't scene, all we get out of Mana is "my instincts are never wrong." and even after Regina tried to kill the others, Mana still focuses so intensely on her.

Then comes the royal crystal fiasco. It's been over ten episodes and we've still received no explanation for why Regina's eyes turned red and her personality became 100x more evil when exposed to the red royal crystal. We never received an explanation for why Regina suddenly cooled down and lost her powers when they found the princess in another castle.

The one redeeming part of Regina's entire existence comes when Regina tries to sacrifice herself to save Mana, and we're given the first steps toward her redemption.

I honestly started to like her at this point, but of course the creators jerked us, pulling Regina back to the dark side and tossing her away for 10+ episodes. Maybe the viewers are more savvy about the whole dark power possession thing, but I find it hard to believe that Mana is so oblivious to the change that just overtook Regina.

Now, in the latest episode Regina's back in action. In the midst of exchanging bitter words... Mana glomps her out of the sky. Still completely oblivious. And now, just when the mess couldn't get any weirder, the princess's spear reacts to Regina's selfish thoughts and she's able to remove it when Bel or any of the Cures couldn't.

So like... is Regina gonna turn out to be like related to the princess?

I just don't know what's going on with this show anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers)   The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:26 am

I stopped watching the show around the time when Cure Ace appeared. I really liked Cure Ace, but I wasnt really thrilled where the series was going. I was really liking where doki was going, but Regina had to return to the dark side. -_-
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers)   The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:30 am

I like Aguri now, but when she was starting out she was one of the biggest problems the show had.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers)   The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:36 am

How many episodes are out now? I stopped after they met Aguri for the first time.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers)   The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:39 am

Epsiode 40 should be coming soon. The fansubbers had a delay due to life matters, but 40 has already been aired.

Also: Woo~ 101 posts already~
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers)   The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:06 pm

Wow I'm really behind. Not sure if it's worth watching anymore. I really did like Regina she's really cute and I love the idea of her dad being the bad guy. I kind of wish Cure Ace wasnt her? Aguri is the good side of Regina right? Thats what I was guessing when she first appeared.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers)   The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 10:55 pm

As far as what's been revealed (ep. 40) Aguri is just Cure Ace and Regina is still the Daughter of Selfishness. 

Aside from Kumiko Watanabe doing the voice for Regina and her outfit design, I never really liked Regina. But more than that, I just dont like everyone's reaction to her. Like Link mentioned, she was going to murder Mana's friends RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER and she just...acts more worries more about Regina's happiness and over her allies and that's...sad.

but there's 9 episodes left so hopefully all the plot threads will come together
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers)   The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 10:59 pm

Thats one thing that never settle well with me is Mana's reactions to Regina's actions. I mean I dont mind Mana wanting to become friends with her, but I think she should of handle it differently.
Back to top Go down
Timer Rabbit
Civilian
Timer Rabbit
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 107

PostSubject: Re: The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers)   The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 10:30 pm

I like/hate Regina... But that's all I can sum up. She's this wondering spoiled brat with this ability to convert Psyche into Jikouchuu out of force, but Mana makes sure that she is tamed like a puppy. I hate to say to the ManaRikka shippers, but I really adore ManaRegina, even if the scripts are strange in character development.

I don't like Aguri/Cure Ace much, probably on my bottom list of DDPC girls. But Episode 42 questions me even more even if Marie Ange is still a popsicle. I reply to that at another thread, so I don't have to repeat myself.

Even for a mess, my PreCure friend(s) are still into the show. I hate dropping a show even if it's "not good". I can give a proper rating at my MAL once it finally ends. (Probably to a 6-7.)
Back to top Go down
http://girlwiththeflamingfist.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers)   The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mess Known as Regina. (Whole series spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1