Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

And I'm Done. (spoilers of course)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) Empty
PostSubject: And I'm Done. (spoilers of course)   And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 2:43 pm

Exactly as I feared, leaving the magic school would signal the stagnation of this season. What started out as a series with a unique concept has turned into pretty standard Precure affair. With the return to the real world and complete lack of emphasis on the girls learning magic. 

Instead it's focused more on yet another baby-mascot raising thing, and worse is that said mascot has already been revealed to become the third Cure. I would have preferred they stick to two Cures or have the third be someone other than the fairy baby that the girls had been raising since episode 4. It just seems wrong to me.

There were three potential candidates who were all much more interesting characters back when the magic school was around. Instead they went with the character whose only purpose is to act cute and dish out power-ups, something we've already experienced from Doki.

I've also grown really tired of the fights in this season, particularly the villains. They haven't even done anything noteworthy except two of them getting defeated (most likely temporarily) and one stealing one of the plot coupons. 

I'm about sixteen episodes in so far and we don't even have a fourth general, and the girls haven't lost a fight.

I think the part that disappoints me most about this season is that it had the potential to be so interesting and different, but chose to bring them back to the standard real world setting, have them go to ordinary real world school and just go back to putting the least amount of effort in.

Long story short, what started out as a unique and refreshing take on the Precure formula, quickly turned into yet another dime-a-dozen Precure season, and I'm tired of it.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: And I'm Done. (spoilers of course)   And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 2:56 pm

Pretty much why I really don't care for this series. The only two I truly enjoyed was Fresh and Suite. I was liking Doki, but that became a mess when the blond girl showed up.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

PostSubject: Re: And I'm Done. (spoilers of course)   And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 4:12 pm

Ewww, yeah, I actually knew about this. I've seen lots of Precure stuff on Tumblr, and when I saw there was going to be a third Cure, I was like... "Oh no..."

I'm kind of glad I didn't watch this, then. I initially planned to follow as it came out, but real life got in the way... Looks like I'm not missing much.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
sailorpandabear
Love Interest
sailorpandabear
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 259

PostSubject: Re: And I'm Done. (spoilers of course)   And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 4:43 am

I liked parts of it but as RLinksoul mentioned... ( I am just going to quote word for word here...):Exactly as I feared, leaving the magic school would signal the stagnation of this season. What started out as a series with a unique concept has turned into pretty standard Precure affair. With the return to the real world and complete lack of emphasis on the girls learning magic. 

Instead it's focused more on yet another baby-mascot raising thing, and...etc

So now it feels like cliched... stuff are happening.
Back to top Go down
Himawari
Civilian
Himawari
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 18

PostSubject: Re: And I'm Done. (spoilers of course)   And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 5:34 am

This season was weird but I liked it.

Its more magic themed so expect things to like make less sense lol

The nonsensicalness was rather amusing at times though.

The final battle, though, was a bit too scary to me. O_o;;; The main major villain got like.....really, really dark IMO. I almost didn't watch the finale that's how much it disturbed me.

That said, i don't think this was one of my favorite seasons. But I still had fun with it. The main girls were cute :)

I tend to like every pretty cure season I see. But I did rather hate the final battle for this one. They toke that one a bit too far lol.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And I'm Done. (spoilers of course)   And I'm Done. (spoilers of course) Empty

Back to top Go down

And I'm Done. (spoilers of course)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1