Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy Empty
PostSubject: Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy   Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:29 pm

Just look at this adorable OP

This show is just so precious. It's a lot like one of those older MG shows where the main character uses a magical item, but doesn't transform into a costume. 

This young girl, who goes by the nickname Potpourri, dreams of being a witch. So when she finds out that the owner of a local pharmacy IS a witch, she convinces the owner to make her her apprentice.

Each episode typically involves Potpourri traveling around her humble town, using her magic to solve problems around her.

Each episode is only around eleven minutes long, and there's fourty in total.

The show is being subbed by a group called Naisho, and up to episode 16 is subbed.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy   Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 7:08 pm

This sounds interesting! Seems like another Ojamjo Doremi!
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy   Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Now that Naishosubs has finished with (and dropped) all of their other shows, they should focus on this one a bit more. Which is fine because this show is still adorable and fun.

It's pretty obvious that Chiaki Konaka worked on this thing, since some of the episodes tend to be a  bit.......... out there. One in particular falls directly into mindscrew territory and gets pretty emotional. 

For those of you who don't know who Chiaki Konaka is, he's a huge fan of lovecraftian horror media, psychological mindscrew things. He worked on Serial Experiments Lain, Narutaru, Digimon Tamers and surprising yet somehow not-surprising, Princess Tutu.

If there's one thing I'm disappointed about with this series, it's this.

Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy Tumblr_n0x70vZ9Rw1r00g3do1_500

This cutie right here. This is Amane the witch. You can see her in the Opening video. I had been waiting for her to show up since about the beginning of the show. I had hoped she would be a reoccurring rival for the main character. Instead she has only appeared once, and it took until episode 27 for that to happen.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy   Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 8:45 pm

And now Naisho strikes back with a vengeance! In the last seven days they've made three releases, each with at least two episodes a piece.

I'm on episode 40 now, only 8 more to go. I'm kinda gonna miss this show, but most of all I'm bummed that Amane has only appeared in two episodes since then.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy   Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 2:28 pm

I feel like Fan Fan Pharmacy was some sort of experiment for Toei

after Sailor Moon ended in the mid-90s, there was a big gap in their market that wanted magical girl shows and all this left over money to try and satisfy it

and between SM and Ojamajo Doremi (their next big cash cow) there was:

Cutey Honey Flash (Feb. 1997)
Dream Crayon Kingdom (Sept. 1997)
FanFan Pharmacy (Feb. 1998) (also paired with 2 other cutesy short shows)
Himitsu no Akko-chan 3 (Apr. 1998)

my guess is that they were just going through their resources and trying to find something that stuck that they knew had worked before. Maybe Amane's episodes didn't get as high ratings as they hoped? But then again, Ojamajo Doremi took over FanFan Pharmacy's timeslot, and they both have a similar vibe. so maybe we have this cute little show to thank for Ojamajo Doremi's existence
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy   Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 2:03 am

Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy Popan1

I don't ship it...

Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy Popan2

...Maybe a little.

"Experimental" is definitely a good word to describe this show. Once in a while it gets...... weird. 

With Chiaki Konaka on the staff you know you can expect things to get strange. There's at least one episode that goes into a Utena level symbolism type thing, and a few of them that use CG in some very strange places.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy   Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 11:15 am

I think I figured out why Amane's in the opening even though her appearances are limited.

Because the opening (and ending) was made exclusively for the DVD release in 2003, 5 years after the fact

so forget what I said, Amane must've been pretty popular to include her in the opening sequence XD
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy   Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 11:25 am

That news actually makes me less curious about another thing I've been curious about... why the OP has no lyrics.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy   Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 11:54 am

It does have a cute title though.

"Poppuri wa NikoNiko Genki" or "Poppuri's Energetic Smile"
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Civilian
Juliko
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 30

PostSubject: Re: Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy   Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 4:04 pm

I've seen about 19 episodes of this. But when does it get good? Honestly, it has good elements in it, but it's kinda boring so far. Does it get any better?
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy   Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 7:46 pm

I wouldn't say so. It stays largely the same most of its run. There's no point where the writing gets darker or shocking plot twists are revealed or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Civilian
Juliko
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 30

PostSubject: Re: Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy   Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 8:04 pm

I don't really mind some things staying the same most of the time, and I don't expect dark or shocking stuff in everything. I just wish there'd be some variety sometimes, and if you stick to status quo too much, it'll get stale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy   Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy Empty

Back to top Go down

Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1