Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Anniversary Project Announced!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anniversary Project Announced!   Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 5:42 pm

Okay I'm going to be really honest:

I've never actually read Tsubasa. In fact, I've never even attempted to read it.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

I'm actually not very familiar with CLAMP at all, and since Tsubasa is a massive crossover of their works, I had no real desire to ever try reading it. I just don't really have any interest in anything else CLAMP has done.

But since I've heard bad things about it from Cardcaptor Sakura fans... That just made me more wary of the series, you know? So, yeah... I just don't like Tsubasa on principle. LOL.

However! I have given some thought to this sequel, and I decided that I'll probably read scanlations of it when it comes out. I'll try and give it a chance. But if they start bringing characters from other series into the mix, I'm done. Laugh
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary Project Announced!   Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:19 pm

magical-pudding wrote:
But since I've heard bad things about it from Cardcaptor Sakura fans... That just made me more wary of the series, you know? So, yeah... I just don't like Tsubasa on principle. LOL.

I just can't see sweet baby Sakura wielding guns. Nope.

On that note, if this work is indeed a continuation of the series, I hope it stays consistent with the tone of the previous series. I'm currently disliking Digimon Adventure Tri because it's taking the characters from a fun and silly kids show, and turning it into a dark and edgy teen drama. I really hope this CCS project doesn't do something similar.

And for the love of god, do not bring back the student/teacher romance thing.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary Project Announced!   Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:33 pm

RLinksoul wrote:
And for the love of god, do not bring back the student/teacher romance thing.

This, this, a thousand times this! I'm going to be honest, Rika and Terada pretty much ruined the entire manga for me. Like, it creeped me out from the get-go when I saw it, but the more I started thinking about it, the more I began to overanalyze the entire series to the point where I very nearly began to hate CCS as a whole, just because of that one pairing. And it's a shame, because if you were to take that pairing out of the manga, I would say it's absolutely perfect. But because it's in there, it just leaves me questioning pretty much everything else about the series, and just... Ugh, it grosses me out so much. I'm sorry, I've actually been wanting to talk about this for a really long time, but I never did because I was scared of getting hate. Haha.

Honestly, though, I have a strong feeling that it's not going to be in the sequel... The Japanese government has been cracking down a LOT on lolicon in recent years. A pairing like that was always illegal, even in 1996, but nowadays, that would get cracked down on a lot harder. So I'm going to hold onto my hope that it gets removed.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary Project Announced!   Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:39 pm

Eh might as well talk about how this could be a crossover:

So yeah spoilers for those who care:

^ That's why I don't like Tsubasa. I would be okay with it if it was its own contain AU. 

Fans are guessing this new series may show events leading up to the moment.

As for the student teacher thing. Yeah I always thought that was a bit strange. I guess they did it to the fit the whole love is love theme, but she's 10 years old damn it! At least they tone it down in the anime. They just have her crushing on the teacher nothing more. Honestly I love the anime for than the manga. The extra cards and Syaoran captures cards and his backstory is fleshed out more.

I rather have a continuation of the anime. ;-;
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary Project Announced!   Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 5:39 pm

And we're now getting a new anime too!
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary Project Announced!   Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:03 am

A new anime, different from the manga thing, or an adaptation of the manga thing?
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary Project Announced!   Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2016 11:40 am

It didn't say. Just a new project.

I made a thread for the new manga. :3
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary Project Announced!   Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 7:21 am

My baby!

I gotta say the updated art style looks nice. Faithful to the original but still looking new and vivid. I was afraid it would end up coming out looking too much like modern moe anime such as K-On.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary Project Announced!   Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 10:25 am

Yeah I watched the trailer. It looks nice and I'm happy it doesn't look like modern anime either. *cough* Sailor Moon Crystal *cough*.

To be honest I may watch this ova, but not the new series. I haven't read the new the manga series because I'm worried Tsubasa may leak into it. Also I have seen some pictures of it and I'm not happy with the plot. Plus I rather have the original anime continue.
Back to top Go down
sailorpandabear
Love Interest
sailorpandabear
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 259

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary Project Announced!   Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 3:04 am

ooh, it looks good!
Back to top Go down
Silent_Magical_Girl
Civilian
Silent_Magical_Girl
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 48

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary Project Announced!   Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 12:00 am

I haven't watched the OVA yet. Oh look! Another preview for the new series!!! (Turn CC on) 

It will air on Janunry 7, 2018??? Sweet! Not just the video, the first volume of the arc in English will be released on November 14, 2017. Love I should finish reading rest of the main manga soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anniversary Project Announced!   Anniversary Project Announced! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anniversary Project Announced!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2