Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Balala The Fairies Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Balala The Fairies Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Balala The Fairies Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Balala The Fairies Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Balala The Fairies Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Balala The Fairies Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Balala The Fairies Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Balala The Fairies Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Balala The Fairies Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Balala The Fairies Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Balala The Fairies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

Balala The Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Balala The Fairies   Balala The Fairies EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 10:19 am

So, I just found out that this is a thing that exists! Balala The Fairies (also known on the MG wiki as Balala Little Magic Fairy) is a Chinese magical girl series. There has been a live-action TV show, a few live-action movies, and some animated spinoffs.

Here's the MG wiki page about it -- this seems to be the only page I can find that has a lot of details on it. Wikipedia's article only talked about the live action show, and was pretty bare.

This trailer was the only subtitled thing I was able to find. You can find the cartoon and the live-action show on YouTube, but it's raw. Here's a trailer for the cartoon, if you want to see the animation in action. I think someone one time uploaded a few subtitled episodes of the live-action show, but those appear to have been taken down for copyright. I haven't been able to find anywhere else to watch it.

Which is a shame, because I'm actually really interested in this. The character designs are adorable, and remind me heavily of Pretty Cure. Plus, it would be really cool to see a non-Western cartoon that comes from somewhere other than Japan. I wouldn't say no to the live-action version, either -- I loved PGSM. Oh, well.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Balala The Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balala The Fairies   Balala The Fairies EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 11:11 am

Ahhh I'd forgotten about that wiki. Just looking at it brings back the warm fuzzies. Most of the time I can't fault them for putting things that are arguably magical girl or not, but  Shinryaku! Ika Musume? Really? XD
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Balala The Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balala The Fairies   Balala The Fairies EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 10:34 pm

So, I did recently watch the first two episodes of the live-action show, with no subtitles. And actually, watching it raw was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be! The show is pretty simple to follow along with, and while there were times that I wished I knew what was being said, I had a pretty good understanding of what was going on.

Something I find really cool about this show is that, since it's not Japanese, it doesn't conform to the typical super sentai color scheme thing. The leader, Sally, is the yellow one, and she's quite a bit older than the other two girls. I think she becomes their nanny/mentor. Maggie, the blue one, is outgoing and quite rambunctious, and Michelle, the pink one, is quiet and studious. It's just nice to see a show that does something different with the colors and personalities. I wish more anime did this, truth to be told.

Also, not having dialogue sometimes creates unintentional hilarity. There was one scene in particular in episode 2 that had me going "WTF?" and cracking up at the same time:

Spoiler:

Honestly, I'm not sure about the cartoon, since it's a sequel to the live-action show, but I totally recommend watching the live-action show. If you don't mind using your imagination a bit for the dialogue, it's pretty self-explanatory, and just generally fun to watch. Happy
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Balala The Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balala The Fairies   Balala The Fairies EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Good news! There are two episodes of this subtitled up on GoGoAnime!

Bad news: It's Finding Melody, the sequel show. I tried watching the first episode and gave up fourteen minutes in. I understand why they subbed Finding Melody instead of the original -- the original is a live-action show, and not as many people are as interested in that as they are in the cartoon. But there is SO MUCH CONTEXT missing, that I'm even more confused. I actually understood watching the original much better, and I didn't even have subtitles! I hope that one day, someone can actually sit down and sub the original show. I really wanna watch this, but I want to understand what's going on first!

Also, gotta love the translator's note during the scene with the butler saying "best fucking boy right here". Classy.
Back to top Go down
Sakuranbo
Best Friend

Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 142

Balala The Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balala The Fairies   Balala The Fairies EmptyThu May 17, 2018 11:28 pm

I heard about Balala the Fairies and saw a couple of episodes too. I thought it's a very good Magical Girl series and I only seen the Donghua version. I haven't seen the live-action one and maybe I would watch it one of these days when I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Balala The Fairies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balala The Fairies   Balala The Fairies Empty

Back to top Go down

Balala The Fairies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magical Girl Cafe  :: Magical Chat :: Fresh Magic-