Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Kamichama Karin Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Kamichama Karin Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Kamichama Karin Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Kamichama Karin Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Kamichama Karin Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Kamichama Karin Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Kamichama Karin Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Kamichama Karin Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Kamichama Karin Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Kamichama Karin Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Kamichama Karin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

Kamichama Karin Empty
PostSubject: Kamichama Karin   Kamichama Karin EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 4:11 pm

Kamichama Karin Tumblr_mulbk5Fxrj1swwgmio1_1280
Thinking about trying this show out, I read the 1st volume last year but couldn't find enough motivation to continue. I know things work out for her, but it just seemed like everyone was determined to make poor Karin's life awful.

Synop:

MyAnimeList wrote:
"Karin Hanazono is an orphan, living with her relatives. Her life has never been easy, her studies are not well, she is not the best in sports and technically she is miserable. Left with only a ring as a memento from her departed mother, she suddenly finds her life changed, as she was mourning her pet cat, Shii-chan. On that night she met a strange boy, Kazune Kujyou. After that event, she experiences several mysterious incidences that soon led her to find out that she is a little goddess. Finding others like her she soon sets out to understand herself better as her mysterious powers grow and she becomes beset by opponents."

I just know it's a fan favorite for some
I also know that the anime ver. is known for it's.....quality
Kamichama Karin Am_i_kawaii_uguu_8631

and that a lot of fans were disappointed 

It's only 26 episodes though, so I'm willing to give it a shot.

Any thoughts?

Also, who decided that this edgy, clashy Ali Project song should be the opening song to a Koge Donbo show?

Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Kamichama Karin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kamichama Karin   Kamichama Karin EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 4:44 pm

I watched this show. I remember liking it. I just can't remember the show itself or how it ended. XD
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Kamichama Karin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kamichama Karin   Kamichama Karin EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 5:16 pm

BunnyBelle wrote:
I also know that the anime ver. is known for it's.....quality
Kamichama Karin Am_i_kawaii_uguu_8631

I always wondered what the famous "uguu" face was from. My second guess was Clannad since the eyes are pretty far apart in that too.

I have no idea what Koge Donbo is, but I'm guess this show isn't really dark? If that's the case it's interesting to use such an OP. I've never seen that sort of thing go the other way. Usually a cheery OP hides a dark show. I've never seen a cheery show use a dark OP song before.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Kamichama Karin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kamichama Karin   Kamichama Karin EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 6:05 pm

I looked up the episodes. No the show isn't really dark, but it has a weird ending.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

Kamichama Karin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kamichama Karin   Kamichama Karin EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 6:09 pm

Koge Donbo is the original manga artist, she's also an illustrator and character designer. I know her manga can take some dark turns? but generally speaking, her work is coated in sugar

Kamichama Karin A_Little_Snow_Fairy_Sugar
Sometimes literally

(Di Gi Charat and Pita Ten are other works under her belt)
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Kamichama Karin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kamichama Karin   Kamichama Karin EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 10:23 pm

OMG PITA TEN! I read the manga in high school. I didn't get to finish it, but it got pretty dark.

I was looking at Karin images on google to post to the site's tumblr. God everyone has such huge eyes and I'm not sure what's an official image or fanart.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

Kamichama Karin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kamichama Karin   Kamichama Karin EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 6:33 pm

I tried reading Kamichama Karin both when I was younger and again recently. Both times, I hated it. The reason is because of...I don't remember his name, but that boy who Karin meets in the beginning who I am 99% sure ends up being the love interest. He was so obnoxiously sexist, I couldn't stand him. It seriously felt like every word he said was some derogatory comment towards women. It was just so annoying. I did see the first episode of the anime, though, and he was a little better there, I will admit.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

Kamichama Karin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kamichama Karin   Kamichama Karin EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:41 am

Okay, so I recently learned something very important about this series, and it's kind of changed my entire opinion on it.

Kamichama Karin is a parody.

It's true. Koge-Danbo* originally wrote the series poking fun at the magical girl genre. The reason that Karin's transformation phrase is "I Am God" is because transformation phrases are usually silly, so this one is meant to be incredibly ridiculous. And as for Kazune's sexism? That's likely a joke too. A lot of shoujo manga have male love interests who are incredibly mean, so having one who is over-the-top with his sexism is part of the joke.

If you read the series with this in mind, suddenly, the whole thing makes a lot more sense. The reason I didn't like it before was because I was taking everything too seriously. I do hear that later on, the story does become more serious -- that's because the original story, which was intended to be a one-shot, got popular enough to continue. But yeah. I actually like this series now, and I'm going to try to work on finishing the manga. Not sure if I'm going to watch the anime.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
tanyao
Civilian
tanyao
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 20

Kamichama Karin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kamichama Karin   Kamichama Karin EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 2:21 am

It's been a long time since I watched and read this series. I just remember I disliked it. It was too deep for me I guess. I never knew what the hell was going on.
Or maybe it was super simple and my mind was trying to make things overly complicated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kamichama Karin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kamichama Karin   Kamichama Karin Empty

Back to top Go down

Kamichama Karin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magical Girl Cafe  :: Magical Chat :: Fresh Magic-