Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Let's Talk About Crystal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Hlove
Civilian
Hlove
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 101

Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Crystal    Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 5:17 am

In my honest opinion, at the end of the day is a matter of personal taste.

For example about the plot, I personally really loved the way they adapted it, while many people hate it.
Then  again, many of the things I love, people naturally hate :P

I like the pace of the manga, I find it balanced and not fast at all. But then again, I love short stories, without too many details. I'm a short story writer and reader, but from my experience with how short stories are perceived it seems that a great percentage of people favour long ass stories no matter how much unnecessary details are put in to make more pages or a larger world count.

I think that is the main reason to like or dislike the length/pace of a story.
Could sailor moon manga use a chapter or two more? Sure!
Could sailor moon manga be double in size and offer more character development and all that jazz? In my opinion, not really. Because most of the questions the story asked were answered, therefore there is not much more to say, which could be covered in just a chapter or two.

The 90s anime didn't answer anything more than what the manga had. It just filled the story line with more time to explore each character and we got a change for character development to the fullest. But in the end we learned nothing more and nothing less than the original short story.

PGSM also have 40something episodes for just the Dark Kingdom arc, (even more than the 90s anime) of course there was plenty of time to introduce different sides of each character.

Then musicals on the other hand (with the fewest audience of all versions) requires you to know the story before watching them, because they only have 2:30 hours to just explore a moment before the climax of the story.

Crystal by following the manga, being a short story, lacks on just that, plot wise.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~hoshirabu
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Crystal    Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 10:00 am

That's my main problem with the manga. Character development. Yeah there's some but I wanted more and I found myself not caring about the characters when I was reading it. The reason I like Sailor Moon is for the characters not the story. Because let's be real the story is cheesy as hell. 

The thing is besides Crystal each version of Sailor Moon is its own thing. That's what I like about the series there's something different for everyone. I just think it's pointless to now have an anime closer to the manga. The manga is outdated and they could have used this chance to update it. They tried it in the Dark Kingdom arc but failed because they were still trying to be close to the manga. And that really frustrated me. 

Crystal is one big mess. I do hope the next arc is runs smoother. However I will not watch it. I'm done. I'm tired of their BS.

Yes it all comes down to taste. I'm sad I can't love it but I just cant. The writing ruin it for me. I wish a different studio got a hold of Crystal. I feel like someone else could have handle it better.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
sailorpandabear
Love Interest
sailorpandabear
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 259

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Crystal    Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 10:14 am

you  don't need to like it or like my views. just don't threaten me.... a few months ago, some body did that and it scared me for half a month.
---
 I like sailor Moon crystal
 but it does have flaws like the animation and pacing.
 but then again, some of its animation is awesome and some parts are great to watch.
---
I guess it depends on a persons point of view.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Crystal    Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 10:21 am

I would never threatened anyone for liking something I didn't. O.o
Back to top Go down
sailorpandabear
Love Interest
sailorpandabear
Love Interest

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Crystal    Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 10:36 am

i don't know. that fan mentioned that if they could they would get someone to kill me.
I was just horrified and wondering : what in the world?
I am just grateful that not all fans are like that.
Back to top Go down
Hlove
Civilian
Hlove
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Crystal    Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 1:13 pm

I have said that before and it is something I go by in general, but especially for the case of SMC
Nobody needs to like everything, and it is  ones right to never watch it since it doesn't apply to their taste.

SM has many media and not all appeal to everyone, that's why there is not a reason to hate on one of them while there are so many others one can enjoy.

SMC might seem pointless for many, but it is meaningful for others (me included)

few years back, Seramyu were those least favourited by SM fans, and it is perfectly fine for people to NOT like them, the choice is simple do not watch what you dont like.

PGSM also experienced a lot of hate and people still cant get over it, but it is simple do not watch what you dont enjoy

the 90s anime, being so far from the manga, the manga lovers dislike it, but for them there is also a solution, DONT effing watch the damn thing!

and the same goes for ALL the people who do not like Crystal, and those who hate it, and those who complain about it, and those who ridicule it, and those who scream and yell to Toei to stop producing more. DO NOT WATCH IT! DO NOT BUY THE BLU RAYS, GO SPEND YOUR TIME ON SOMETHING ELSE

for crying out loud, what is the effing point!

Why those of us who like it, are slammed, threatened (in sailorpandabear case), unfriended, blocked, ridiculed, called out as tasteless idiots, etc etc, and have to endure all the negativity, and even defend our choice.

WHAT IS THE POINT 
It makes me so sad, in one positive post there are 10 going berserk over it. This might not seem much, but  I personally every time I start a talk about crystal I feel isolated, it takes away the enjoyment, make me feel stupid for being excited about something that everyone hates.
Back to top Go down
sailorpandabear
Love Interest
sailorpandabear
Love Interest

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Crystal    Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 1:42 pm

I somehow feel guilty that I like it sometimes. But I can't help liking it.
I like how Sailor Mar's flames were done.
Back to top Go down
Hlove
Civilian
Hlove
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Crystal    Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 2:19 pm

my point exactly :(
all this negativity only affects those of us liking it

I love jupiter's sparkles the most
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Crystal    Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 7:00 pm

Guys love what you love. Hate what you hate. So what if people hate Crystal? People hate on Nintendo all the time and I don't give a shit about it. Their hate doesn't ruin my love for Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
saturn
Magical Girl
saturn
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 9108

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Crystal    Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 9:50 pm

I am just happy that season 3 is happening!
Back to top Go down
http://thesolsticequeen.tumblr.com/
Hlove
Civilian
Hlove
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Crystal    Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 1:14 am

Mew Ami wrote:
Guys love what you love. Hate what you hate. So what if people hate Crystal? People hate on Nintendo all the time and I don't give a shit about it. Their hate doesn't ruin my love for Nintendo.

it doesn't take away the love, it takes away the fun of sharing the love.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Crystal    Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 1:38 am

That shouldn't either! Doesn't stop Nintendo fans. :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk About Crystal    Let's Talk About Crystal  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk About Crystal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3