Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Scooby Doo Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Scooby Doo Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Scooby Doo Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Scooby Doo Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Scooby Doo Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Scooby Doo Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Scooby Doo Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Scooby Doo Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Scooby Doo Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Scooby Doo Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Scooby Doo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mercuryfan
Magical Girl
mercuryfan
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 1040

Scooby Doo Empty
PostSubject: Scooby Doo   Scooby Doo EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 4:16 am

I originally watched this title as a kid back in the late 70s and early 80s; it was in the line-up of cartoons I watched regularly for reasons beyond my comprehension now.

When I discovered in the late 90s that Scooby Doo, Where Are You? was on Cartoon Network on a regular basis at a time I could watch (10:30 at night each night Mon. through Fri.), I started watching it, and found out that I still liked it.  But as an adult in my late 20s, I appreciated it for different reasons.  I enjoyed how realistic it was - it was drawn in a realistic style (which can't be said of most American cartoons I don't like, for example the Simpsons and Family Guy), and it always seemed like it really could happen in real-life  Happy  .  I enjoyed its maturity, as opposed to the stupidity I saw in most American cartoons at the time.  I enjoyed figuring out the mystery in each episode along with the characters (I have never been a great mystery solver), as well as how the characters solved the mystery at the end of each episode and explained why the person behind the monster of the week did what he/she did (in other words, his/her motive) as well as explained how this person did most of the complicated (for a real-life person) tricks in that episode.  And to top it all off, it had humor I really liked.

So I looked into other times Cartoon Network aired Scooby Doo that I could watch.  Among the versions of it shown on weekends, I found I most liked the Scooby Doo Movies (actually one-hour long episodes, as opposed to the one-half hour that earlier episodes were).  It had virtually all of the same positives that I listed above, plus it had a different guest star (or group of guest stars) in each episode (sometimes a fictional one, like Batman and Robin, and sometimes a real-life one, like Don Knotts).

After watching those for a while (and briefly watching a few versions of it that I didn't like), I did some research into the Scooby Doo title (by going to a library near me).  That's how I learned who all the VAs were, and other behind-the-scenes stuff about the title.

Basically, I liked all versions up through the Scooby Doo Movies, which were made in the early 70s.  Those were the versions that had virtually all of the positives I listed above, plus Nicole Jaffe voicing Velma Dinkley.  It seems like every time Velma has been a character in a version made after these 'movies', she has sounded totally different, unlike how Nicole Jaffe made her sound - and thus impossible for me to get used to that new voice for Velma.  I just simply like Nicole Jaffe's version the best.

The versions of Scooby Doo that I really didn't like were the versions with only Scooby Doo, Shaggy, and (I think) Daphne; and (of course) any version with Scrappy Doo.  Don't get me started on Scrappy Doo - I'll end up writing a response that belongs more in the Rants topic than here Nyaa  .  I believe these versions just didn't have the maturity of the versions I like.  Plus, their 'humor' wasn't intelligent in my mind - they delved into stupidity a lot, IMHO.  In addition, it seemed like the characters in these versions always 'solved' the mystery of the week by accident, without even any hint of planning.  That's not the title I love.

I think I'll just leave it at that for now.  Feel free to discuss or review any cartoon version of the Scooby Doo title here.
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Scooby Doo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scooby Doo   Scooby Doo EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 9:51 am

I have love/hate thing with Scooby Doo. I really loved the cartoon movies as a kid.

I loved the Boo Brothers movie and the one where Scooby and Shaggy taught at school as gym teachers. The students were the daughters of famous monsters. I can't remember the name. I loved the Cyber Chase movie. There are others I liked. Just can't remember the names.

As for the TV shows. I loved a Pup named Scooby Doo as a kid. It was funny and in a way it poke fun at the series. Red Herring. XD I watched the show from the 60s and thought it was okay. Also the one where they had celebrities guest star. I hated the ones that feature Scrappy Doo. 

There was a recent show on CN. It was a reboot. The gang was in high school and there was over arching plot. I liked it quite a bit. I just can't remember the name. Shagy and Velma became a couple.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

Scooby Doo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scooby Doo   Scooby Doo EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 6:29 pm

I was never really a big Scooby Doo fan. I just didn't like the characters and humor that much I guess

I remember loving that "Puppy named Scooby Doo" show when I was 7. ya know, when they were little kids? It just had a little more...pep to it than the other stuff
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
saturn
Magical Girl
saturn
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 9108

Scooby Doo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scooby Doo   Scooby Doo EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 7:04 pm

I liked Scooby Doo but I really didn't like when they added Scrappy do the mix
Back to top Go down
http://thesolsticequeen.tumblr.com/