Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» Magical Girls: The unprotected dimension
by Arcane Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:47 pm

» Ashes of The Phoenix
by Miakemi Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:03 am

» Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)
by Miakemi Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:37 am

» Magical Girl Christmas Pics!
by RLinksoul Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:25 pm

» Hi there
by CCSakuraGermany Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:54 am

» Hello!
by Mew Ami Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:10 pm

» Black Clover RP
by Zadi Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:15 am

» Things Never to Say to a Magical Girl Fan
by sailorpandabear Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:19 am

» Anniversary Project Announced!
by Silent_Magical_Girl Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:00 am

» Magical Stage Fancy Lala
by Silent_Magical_Girl Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:51 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 32 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:57 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Share | .

Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 156

PostSubject: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:58 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-28/dragon-ball-gets-1st-new-tv-anime-in-18-years-in-july/.87608

After all these years of Deviant Art drawings of Super Saiyan 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 Goku and school playground rumours about 'Dragonball AF' something has finally come of it.

I don't really know what to say honestly. But I hope Funimation can give it the Space Dandy treatment by dubbing the episodes as they come out in Japan.

Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2086

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:17 pm

Eh. I can't complain too much, it's not Naruto or Bleach, and it's not GT.

Maybe some day TeamFourStar will be able to abridge it without getting their cans sued.
Back to top Go down
Chopstickman
Love Interest
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 155

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:12 pm

I find myself somewhat torn. It would be nice to see those familiar characters in sharp digital animation (much like the last two movies) but I question the strength of the story. They've already fought the ridiculously powerful, now they're fighting the ludicrously powerful. But the die is cast so we can only wait for the first episode to see how things go.

That point when you realize you are the weird friend people talk about
Back to top Go down
Beat
Hostess
Hostess

Coffee Beans : 712

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:52 am

Toriyama himself had stated that the "Battle of the gods" and "Resurrection F" were simple a prelude. Toei was just checking for the status of the series after more than 2 decades they expected a decay but while the battle of the gods was a rather half-hearted movie according to criticsand die hard fans, it still made a lot of money, The film was number one for a third week, raising its total to US$23,618,327 with 1,823,141 tickets sold, making it the fastest-grossing film of 2013 in Japan...I
don't quite remember.

F, however was the bomb, just on its first week it made 960 million yen just oon its first week, so the market is still open. Also let's not forget the Game, Dragonball Xenoverse sold 2.5 million copies here in america which is the best in a long while after the failure of Ultimate Tenkaichi and it is so solid it will get its own OVA next year.

In what's personal I'm gonna wait and see, since anime nowadays is like instant noodles, done fast and just for the moment, not like long ago made to fill and with a delicious flavor. The thing of the gods seems a little far for now but still seems solid. It's just a matter of waiting, at least Toriyama does not lose control of his own stuff like many popular mangas and animes do.

There's no change reflected in my clean eyes along the roadside.
A whirlwind has coiled around my wrists
Making a vow to the wounds I got from my past self.

The blue sky is wrapped in grey
I've waited impatiently as the wind caresses my shoulders and ask:

'Who are the rivals who are allies with others?'
It's easier than being afraid
So I run, striking out my fists again
Driving away the 'loneliness' lodged in my heart.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 12936

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Here it is!! Dragon Ball Super! *Waits for Super Sailor Moon to pop in*

The opening looks good (I see how it his Toei give DB the proper treatment). I'm tempted to watch it, but I didn't watch GT at all. So I'm not sure if I will be lost.

Love  Chat De Lune's Forum Wife  Love   Cool Miakemi's RL BBF Cool
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
Best Friend

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:40 pm

@Mew Ami wrote:
I'm tempted to watch it, but I didn't watch GT at all. So I'm not sure if I will be lost.

GT is non canon and most people (Including me) like to pretend it never existed so I think you'll be fine.

Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:41 pm

I watched it! I am totally in love with this series! I'm going to keep watching it.

Back to top Go down
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
Best Friend

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:03 am

I'm going to wait on the dub so long as the wait doesn't become physically painful. In the mean time, Resurrection F is coming to a cinema within walking distance of my house in exactly a month's time. The only time something like that has ever happened in the past was when Evolution came out but the less said about that topic the better.

I'm really impressed that they managed to give a Resurrection F an English dubbed cinema release less than 4 months after the initial Japanese release. With Yuri Kuma managing to break the Ikuhara dub curse and Nagato Yuki-chan bringing back the entire English cast, I think it's safe to say that Funimation are on a roll at the moment.

So I'm optimistic that we'll know at least something about how they're going to handle Dragon Ball Super by year's end.

Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:07 am

I'm looking forward to the new dub! But for now I will watch it in Japanese. It will take some getting used to it. I'm not crazy about female voice actors voicing adult men.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1