Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 159

Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 9:58 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-04-28/dragon-ball-gets-1st-new-tv-anime-in-18-years-in-july/.87608

After all these years of Deviant Art drawings of Super Saiyan 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 Goku and school playground rumours about 'Dragonball AF' something has finally come of it.

I don't really know what to say honestly. But I hope Funimation can give it the Space Dandy treatment by dubbing the episodes as they come out in Japan.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 1:17 pm

Eh. I can't complain too much, it's not Naruto or Bleach, and it's not GT.

Maybe some day TeamFourStar will be able to abridge it without getting their cans sued.
Back to top Go down
Chopstickman
Love Interest
Chopstickman
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 155

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 2:12 pm

I find myself somewhat torn. It would be nice to see those familiar characters in sharp digital animation (much like the last two movies) but I question the strength of the story. They've already fought the ridiculously powerful, now they're fighting the ludicrously powerful. But the die is cast so we can only wait for the first episode to see how things go.
Back to top Go down
Beat
Hostess
Beat
Hostess

Coffee Beans : 715

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 12:52 am

Toriyama himself had stated that the "Battle of the gods" and "Resurrection F" were simple a prelude. Toei was just checking for the status of the series after more than 2 decades they expected a decay but while the battle of the gods was a rather half-hearted movie according to criticsand die hard fans, it still made a lot of money, The film was number one for a third week, raising its total to US$23,618,327 with 1,823,141 tickets sold, making it the fastest-grossing film of 2013 in Japan...I
don't quite remember.

F, however was the bomb, just on its first week it made 960 million yen just oon its first week, so the market is still open. Also let's not forget the Game, Dragonball Xenoverse sold 2.5 million copies here in america which is the best in a long while after the failure of Ultimate Tenkaichi and it is so solid it will get its own OVA next year.

In what's personal I'm gonna wait and see, since anime nowadays is like instant noodles, done fast and just for the moment, not like long ago made to fill and with a delicious flavor. The thing of the gods seems a little far for now but still seems solid. It's just a matter of waiting, at least Toriyama does not lose control of his own stuff like many popular mangas and animes do.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Here it is!! Dragon Ball Super! *Waits for Super Sailor Moon to pop in*

The opening looks good (I see how it his Toei give DB the proper treatment). I'm tempted to watch it, but I didn't watch GT at all. So I'm not sure if I will be lost.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 11:40 pm

Mew Ami wrote:
I'm tempted to watch it, but I didn't watch GT at all. So I'm not sure if I will be lost.

GT is non canon and most people (Including me) like to pretend it never existed so I think you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 11:41 pm

I watched it! I am totally in love with this series! I'm going to keep watching it.
Back to top Go down
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 12:03 am

I'm going to wait on the dub so long as the wait doesn't become physically painful. In the mean time, Resurrection F is coming to a cinema within walking distance of my house in exactly a month's time. The only time something like that has ever happened in the past was when Evolution came out but the less said about that topic the better.

I'm really impressed that they managed to give a Resurrection F an English dubbed cinema release less than 4 months after the initial Japanese release. With Yuri Kuma managing to break the Ikuhara dub curse and Nagato Yuki-chan bringing back the entire English cast, I think it's safe to say that Funimation are on a roll at the moment.

So I'm optimistic that we'll know at least something about how they're going to handle Dragon Ball Super by year's end.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 12:07 am

I'm looking forward to the new dub! But for now I will watch it in Japanese. It will take some getting used to it. I'm not crazy about female voice actors voicing adult men.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July   Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon Ball Gets 1st New TV Anime in 18 Years in July

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1