Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 2)
by Mew Ami Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:55 pm

» To Catch A Thief
by Miakemi Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:25 pm

» Conflicting Emotions
by Miakemi Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:02 pm

» Magical Girls: The unprotected dimension
by sailorpandabear Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:46 am

» Ashes of The Phoenix
by Mew Ami Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:08 am

» Miraculous Ladybug
by Mew Ami Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:26 pm

» Check out my tumblr account!
by jurirenee2015 Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:49 am

» Pokemon: Sun and Moon
by magical-pudding Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:15 pm

» What are you watching right now?
by sailorpandabear Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:54 pm

» Pokemon!
by magical-pudding Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 32 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:57 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Share | .

Nichijou

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2076

PostSubject: Nichijou   Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:11 pm

What happens when you take the slice of life genre and crank it up to eleven? You get an anime that treats even the most mundane situations as if they're life and death situations. 

A young girl trapping a roach under a bowl is treated with all of the tension of disarming a bomb. Chasing down a classmate to get back a notebook with an embarrassing drawing in it is depicted like a chase scene mixed with a battle shounen. 

Our main cast consists of two separate groups. First we have a trio of three school girls, then we have an eight year old mad scientist, cute robot girl with a large wind-up key sticking out of her back, and a talking cat.

As someone with little tolerance for slice of life shows, this anime was pretty much a godsend. ESPECIALLY since it was done by KyoAni, the king of boring moeblob shows. It was one of the few shows that I had actively been excited waiting for the next episode. The visuals are gorgeous and the soundtrack is pretty fun.

Seriously, just look at this precious thing.

If there's one thing that bothers me about the show is that the humor tends to be kind of sociopathic at times. There's a couple of characters where much of the humor comes from them being trolls or brats making another character around them miserable. There's also this really aggressive tsundere character who constantly has brief moments of dere but is typically very tsun. It gets pretty stale after a while.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2076

PostSubject: Re: Nichijou   Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:05 pm

After six years of waiting, this show finally got licensed, but Funimation of all people.

It was released in a DVD/Blu Ray combo pack ONLY. Japanese audio with English subtitles ONLY.

Seems odd for a company that pretty much OWNS the Western dubbing market, but that's fine by me. I watched the subbed version first and I like the voices.

It's kind of surreal rewatching this on my TV, since an anime like this really just makes me think of internet streaming and websites like Crunchyroll. Either way good times.

It's a shame it never got a second season, and apparently didn't do well in Japan. Must not have had enough scenes of girls sitting around drinking tea.
Back to top Go down

Nichijou

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1