Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 2)
by Mew Ami Today at 12:11 am

» Magical Girls: The unprotected dimension
by sailorpandabear Yesterday at 11:44 am

» To Catch A Thief
by Mew Ami Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:15 pm

» Conflicting Emotions
by Mew Ami Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:47 pm

» Miraculous Ladybug
by Mew Ami Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:26 pm

» Check out my tumblr account!
by jurirenee2015 Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:49 am

» Pokemon: Sun and Moon
by magical-pudding Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:15 pm

» What are you watching right now?
by sailorpandabear Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:54 pm

» Pokemon!
by magical-pudding Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:47 pm

» Better to watch airing or wait until completion?
by magical-pudding Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:48 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 32 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:57 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Share | .

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2076

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:03 am

I haven't watched the show, but I read about the ending. I have feelings about it.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 12511

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Spoiler:

This was only tragic magical girl show that I watched. I truly enjoyed it because I got to know the characters. The show was mostly slice of life stuff. It made me cried. I watched episodes 2 to 11 all in one night. Episodes 8 through 11 I was crying. I cried a little in episode 12, but that's because I didn't want my mom to walk in on me. It's been awhile since an anime has made me cried or watch that many episodes at once. I just had to keep going. I wanted to see if my babies were going to be alright. Their optimism kept me going. Liked how they didn't let the tragic stuff get to them until things got really bad and the truth came out.

I know I never finished Madoka. I only watched half of episode one, but I like this show better. I prefer shows that are intense, but end on a high note. Plus I didn't go in with a oh this a rip off of Madoka. I enjoyed for what the show was. Plus the only thing that was a "rip off" was the tragic elements. I honestly find their world more tragic than Madoka.

Spoiler:

I mean it's kind of like how people say oh Tokyo Mew Mew is rip off Sailor Moon. Why is that? Because they use a team of five girls. That is just dumb because then every team based magical girl show after Sailor Moon would a be rip off. There's nothing wrong with a show using the same elements from another show as long as if it comes off fresh. To me this show felt refreshing. I got my cute girls who can kick major butt. Yeah it gets dark, but hey Sailor Moon gets pretty dark. Just read the manga.

Love  Chat De Lune's Forum Wife  Love   Cool Miakemi's RL BBF Cool
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Oh I'm glad you liked it Ami! now I can talk about the ending without w XD

I liked it alot! (I hope it gets licensed for DVD/Bluray soon)

I don't think the ending was a cop-out at all. I read someone's theory that the sacrifices were more like "Deposits" than actual payments, and that the Taisha wasn't lying when they said "you could recover" - think about it, we only know about the Taisha through emails and the girls assumptions. 

And I also think, just as Togo says, Yuna made it back through her own willpower! I think thats a really positive girlpower message - with enough willpower and love for your friend you can make a miracle happen.
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:20 pm

I don't think it's a cop out as well! I thought the ending was beautiful. The ending theme made me tear up because all the girls were walking together. ;-;

Back to top Go down
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 156

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:23 pm

@BunnyBelle wrote:
I hope it gets licensed for DVD/Bluray soon
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-12/yuki-yuna-is-a-hero-will-get-english-dub/.83167

Well... this is unexpected. The first four episodes (Of what is assume will be 1 out of 3 collections) are coming in April with an English dub.

It's certainly quite expensive (After all, it's probably going to be about the same quality as the Japanese release) but at least there's a good chance the dub will be decent. If Sentai Filmworks picked it up it would have almost certainly got a shoddy rushed dub considering pretty much the only shows they actually put any effort into is popular stuff like Highschool of the Dead and Watamote (Needless to say, they don't really care about whether the show itself is any good).

This also begs the question of who will be producing the dub. California is pretty much the English dub capital of the world so I'd say one of the many companies in that area are all good bets but who knows? It's not likely but it might even get dubbed in Canada like Death Note and a few other shows.

Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:36 pm

90 dollars for four episodes!? Forget about it. >.>

Back to top Go down
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
Best Friend

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:48 pm

If you want to blame anyone, blame Japan's messed up prices. Companies like Sentai can lower the price by sacrificing A LOT of quality, doing lazy dubs and having no extras but Textless songs (Which is vastly inferior to what you can get on the Internet for free) but this is what you have to pay if you want something of the same quality as the Japanese release.

FYI, it's not just anime. I can buy a season of Breaking Bad for about $20 here in Australia but in Japan they pay over $100 for each season with the only addition being Japanese subtitles and a flashy box. Sure there's a heap of on disc extras, but it's literally the same as what's on the $20 release I have.

Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:42 pm

I really don't care about extras. I just want to be able to watch a show on my DVD player.I don't need any fancy stuff. As long as the picture is nice and clear and the audio is great I am happy. Yeah it's fun to watch bonus stuff, but let's be real here. The only time people watch bonus content is when they watch the DVD for the first time. At least I do for the deleted scenes. I understand that Japanese DVDs come with merch, but a lot it is useless stuff to me. Art Books are cool, but that's something I would look through maybe once or twice. 

*shurgs* If I'm going to pay almost hundred dollars for a TV show I better get the whole show and it needs to be longer than 12 episodes. I would pay 30 dollars for Yuuki Yunna. No, 20 dollars!

Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2076

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:27 pm

@Mew Ami wrote:
90 dollars for four episodes!? Forget about it. >.>

Now I see why Japan almost never airs reruns. They really need/want the money from these things. I have to wonder how anyone in Japan except employed young adults living with their parents can afford these things.

And they wonder why anime isn't more widespread in America.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:31 pm

They probably do what people do everywhere else. Watch their shows off the internet by downloading it or a streaming site. I think that's why they sell merch with the DVDs so people buy them. Your mostly paying for the goodies.

Back to top Go down
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
Best Friend

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:29 am

Unless it's a show I really, really like and/or it comes with some cool extras that I want I won't be caught dead wasting $60 on a 12 episode show. When I pay $90 for a special edition of something I don't usually regret it because the stuff that comes with it is cool. On the other hand I don't usually feel satisfied after dropping $60 on something that's completely barebones because I'm paying 3 times as much as I'd pay for any other TV show and getting nothing in return.

If I just wanted the show and nothing else, I'd probably only be willing to pay about $40 or so at the most.

Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:50 pm

Kinda hoping for a standard edition too. I mean, I like Yuyuyu alot. but approx. $240 for a whole series and some posters is a little much for me (heck, I didn't even get the limited editions of PMMM)

If that's the only way they'll make it then so be it. But I'd still like a less fancy option.
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
Best Friend

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:09 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2015-03-03/interview-kazuyoshi-fukuba-executive-director-of-pony-canyon/.85524

So according to this interview, the English dub is being handled by Bang Zoom in California who mostly do dubs for Aniplex, Viz and NISA. At worst their English dubs are at least competent so I've got no worries. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if it shared a few VAs from Madoka.

Speaking of YuYuYu, I watched the first two episodes not too long ago. I'm actually a little bummed out that I know it's going to get dark because it's compelling enough as it is. With Madoka the first few episodes before 'you know what' happens are used to build up to the later episodes where the show eventually takes a different direction. I don't mind that Madoka took a different direction because most of what makes the first few episodes so good is the sort of stuff you'd only realise when you know what it all builds up to. If it just kept consistent to the tone of the first two episodes and gave me what I expected I can't see the show turning out anywhere near as good.

What makes Yuuki Yuuna different is that I actually really like how it goes about its standalone episodic adventures. I'm still cautiously optimistic given that the show got a much better reception than Day Break Illusion but I hope it doesn't turn out like C3-bu where the show has a good thing going for it with a lot of really great simple fun only to ruin it when they aim higher than they can hit.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 93

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:45 pm

I've heard of this series. Suposedly it's also a deconstruction type thing like PMMM but it deconstructs the magical girl genre differently? I don't know. I plan on watching both so I can compare and contrast if I want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   

Back to top Go down

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2